IGNORED

Reclaiming Beauty starts tonight -live snark at 8 eastern

meda

Ack, the American accent! Every time she says 'haughty' or 'haughtiness' I think she's saying 'hotty' or 'hotness'. Very confusing.

I pronounce Haughty the same way I pronounce "Hot" but I pronounce "Hot" like 'Haht'. I am on the east coast, where are the Bots from?

Also, wow. That is a well known Photo-shopped photo of the runway model.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Addressing beauty ideals: beauty is not 22 years old.

Lucky for them, I suppose. Is that a STFUInterwebz in regards to old maid accusations? Or a "hey boys, we're still beautiful and sprightly!"

I'm dying of boredom even thinking about this. For the record - grey boxer shorts, camo shirt, knitted woollen socks, accessorised with tartan blanket draped around the shoulders. Sexay! :lol:

There ought to be a medal for FJists who put themselves through these things. Meda needs at least 20 Orders of Merit.

Lots and lots and lots of comments on the webinar's Facebook page re: technical glitches, no sound, why can't I log on, "be back in 5."

The Botkinettes' explanation for the source of said troubles? Elizabeth's computer died. Of boredom, no doubt.

ETA - almost forgot! Jeans, LL Bean blouse, Dansko clogs.

I'm wearing men's sweatpants and a hockey t-shirt with no bra. I am hard core failing at biblical womanhood :lol:

I'm glad someone was willing to take one for the team because that sounded like a tremendous waste of time.

I'm wearing men's sweatpants and a hockey t-shirt with no bra. I am hard core failing at biblical womanhood :lol:

I'm glad someone was willing to take one for the team because that sounded like a tremendous waste of time.

I only caught like the last 20 mins and even THAT was a tremendous waste of time. Blah blah blah we're not saying beauty is universal blah blah blah but you should adhere to what we define beauty as blah blah blah epistemological and biblical.

I just can't wait for next week's very exciting lineup of topics! :-P

Ooh! It is a weekly thing??

ETA: Oh, yeah -- 7 weeks for only $44 (well, I guess 6 weeks since the first was free) Well, I guess I won't be watching the rest. :cry:

Couldn't help but notice that when she speaks it says "Isaac Botkin". I'm guessing he is overseeing all of this, can't have them doing anything on their own now...

Surely - SURELY - their brother Isaac (a man in his early 30s, FFS) has better things to do with his time than push this tripe out to the interwebz...

Umm ... Jessica Simpson as an example of having too much work done? Huh? They really have no sense of pop culture, do they?

They ought to watch some of The Real Housewives of Miami. I don't know the procedures that Mama Elsa's had, but the results were not good. She does realize, though, that some surgeon messed up her face. It's the worse plastic surgery I've ever seen.

Currently wearing a blue t-shirt, black yoga pants and worn out sneakers.

Just scurried over to their website. There's a picture of them in their teens with no makeup or hair styling, but they both have those saucy little minx stares and duck faces down cold. And frankly, they don't look all that different or younger from themselves now. I wonder if the come-hither stare is taught in the seminar.

::bows to all who sat through that tripe::

It sounds horrendous, and as though it didn't even successfully achieve in making its point, to boot.

I was viewing a new place to live (and it is 100% perfect - please send out vibes for us to get this place!), so I had left on my lovely suit & heels, but now that I am home, I have on an old tee, no bra, and jeans that are just about to wear through in the ass (thanks, badonkadonk!)

I think this is what happens when you try to stretch a beauty seminar into a 7-week series and charge actual money for it. You can actually get more useful, practical beauty advice from watching a couple of 5-minute youtube videos or visiting the cosmetics counters at Nordstrom.

::bows to all who sat through that tripe::

It sounds horrendous, and as though it didn't even successfully achieve in making its point, to boot.

I was viewing a new place to live (and it is 100% perfect - please send out vibes for us to get this place!), so I had left on my lovely suit & heels, but now that I am home, I have on an old tee, no bra, and jeans that are just about to wear through in the ass (thanks, badonkadonk!)

Super vague.

"Be pretty. But don't obsess about being pretty because that's vanity. But don't wear denim frumpers and be proud of dressing ugly because that's vanity, too. But make sure you're pretty because PEOPLE ARE WATCHING YOU!"

I'd like to ask them what they think of women who pin ugly polyester doilies to the back of their heads and call it "headcovering." I've always thought if one had to do that, full out hijab would be much prettier. I wonder if they'll address headcovering at all.

Now I'm going to return to my much more engaging lectures on ancient Rome.

Archived