IGNORED

Reclaiming Beauty starts tonight -live snark at 8 eastern

meda

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, bask to sexualization of the body. No pictures of course, sexualization should only be enjoyed by husbands and wives.

They do have a point that sensuality and beauty are often marketed together.

THE ABSOLUTE STANDARD THAT GOVERNS THE BODY IS THE WORD OF GOD!!!!!!!!!!!! (Elizabeth is emphatic)

a bunch of bible quotes about the body now. the body is a symbol of Christs church and dead without spirit, among other things.

The body is a temple for someone greater than ourselves. We are now meandering around first Corinthians.

I think it's important that FJ members also discuss what they are wearing for this webinar. We must keep our fashion sense in the fore.

My bottom half is artfully draped in a deep violet and gold Balinese piece of fabric. For a top I'm wearing a winkled and faded flannel shirt.

these girls can mix a metaphor like no man's business. what a word salad.

Now they will talk about beauty.................

by quoting Psalm 21. no no non......

beauty is tangable...they are showing a picture of trees. Supposedly, trees also exist to be beautiful and to looked at. WTF?

Ruth and Ethel was hawt, apparently.

beauty is to give us pleasure, and serve as a sort of visual example of gods glory.

Guest Anonymous

Jeepers, I thought this webinar would at least be funny. I genuinely did not think it would be this boring.

I just got out of the bath, I'm in bed now, so you can pretty much guess what I'm wearing.

Beauty = part of God's nature. Heard an Orthodox teaching on this last weekend, it was actually very interesting.

God's creation reflects His beauty. God values and acknowledges the beauty in His creation. Lots of examples of pretty people in the Bible.

Purpose of beauty?

-Give us pleasure

-Aid us to see God

-Proclaim God's glory

God invented beautification. Adam's job was to tend Eden and make it better.

Blah, blah, dominion mandate.

God invented beauty AND beautification.

Now they are rambling about the garden of eden, and how Adam was supposed to tend and improve the garden. Part of the dominion mandate is wearing makeup and tweezing, apparently. To do so is obedience to the lord.

and now we are in Ezekial: 16:9-14. Not really applicable methinks

I think it's important that FJ members also discuss what they are wearing for this webinar. We must keep our fashion sense in the fore.

My bottom half is artfully draped in a deep violet and gold Balinese piece of fabric. For a top I'm wearing a winkled and faded flannel shirt.

Its naked time for me :lol:

beautification is an earthly example of the beauty of the eternal spirit. Never have I heard such an arrogant justification for trying to look pretty. Dear god these girls are dull.

"Christ does not give us spiritual brownie points for looking ugly"

T-shirt with no bra, sweatpants, walking boot up on pillows. I look dead sexy.

Body in a natural state is an ideal we never see in Scripture. Clothing is a metaphor for God giving glory to cover our shame.

...And now, deliberately not trying to be beautiful is actually vain. Being un-vain is prideful.

T-shirt with no bra, sweatpants, walking boot up on pillows. I look dead sexy.

Black fundie-approved long-sleeve shirt, but that's where the approval ends. Also wearing skinny jeans and ballet flats. And going to go smoke. :twisted:

Miss Raquel would be envious of that description.

I am draped across my unmade bed in a "sexy-slovenly" fashion. My bottom is swathed in cream-colored cotton. From collarbone to knees, I am again swathed in cotton; this particular piece is a delicate shade of yellow, with precious ducks joyfully marching across the fabric. The red collar is a lovely accent to the red kerchiefs worn by the ducks. My eyes are enhanced by stylish "naughty librarian"/cat eye frames.

Guest Anonymous

For something that's happening in an audio format, and for people who are supposed to be Christians, these women seem to be really bad at reading scripture. It's fumble after fumble.

...And now, deliberately not trying to be beautiful is actually vain. Being un-vain is prideful.

And beauty is taken away for pride. "Beauty isn't the thing that's dangerous, we are." Still no word on those who are just naturally plain.

Archived