IGNORED

Reclaiming Beauty starts tonight -live snark at 8 eastern

meda

I am in my "all my good clothes are in the laundry" look. Black shorts, tee shirt, bra, underwear, no sock or shoes. teal eyeshadow but my lipstick wore off earlier and no sense reapplying.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am draped across my unmade bed in a "sexy-slovenly" fashion. My bottom is swathed in cream-colored cotton. From collarbone to knees, I am again swathed in cotton; this particular piece is a delicate shade of yellow, with precious ducks joyfully marching across the fabric. The red collar is a lovely accent to the red kerchiefs worn by the ducks. My eyes are enhanced by stylish "naughty librarian"/cat eye frames.

Thanks to your avatar I am picturing this on Alan Rickman. :lol:

E: "I prided myself on caring about other things [not looking pretty]"

The way I'd seen beauty done turned me off, people I saw pursuing beauty were bimbos. Didn't want to accept responsibility that people were watching me and watching how I looked AND acted. I need to loo good because they're watching me. This all seems awfully vain.

ETA: Epistemologicaly. Drink!

What does it mean to trust in our beauty?

they don't tell us, they ramble.

the right attitude about cloths, shoes, and hair can be a sermon or a glory to the lord? um, ok

And now we have pictures of the girls doing farm chores.

Now Elizabeth Ithink is discussing how she rejected beauty because she didnt want t deal and because she thought the women who did care were bimbos.

Decided she was a billboard, and needed to write a good message on it. (there is a life lesson for you)

Ok drink to the expression "epistemalogically self conscious" WTF does that even mean!!!!

Apparently if you are doing barn work you need to look hawt

Yeah. So many of their "frumpy looking" pictures are sitting with a bull, riding a horse, playing with a lamb, etc. I sure don't worry about dressing nice when I'm out with the chickens or the horse.

These girls have no intonation, it's all monotone. I guess no one's told them how important change in voice is when you can't see the speaker's face.

E: "I prided myself on caring about other things [not looking pretty]"

The way I'd seen beauty done turned me off, people I saw pursuing beauty were bimbos. Didn't want to accept responsibility that people were watching me and watching how I looked AND acted. I need to loo good because they're watching me. This all seems awfully vain.

ETA: Epistemologicaly. Drink!

WTF does that mean? It looks like some form of cosmetic episiotomy.

6 false theologies regarding the body: (they love the word presupposition)

1. Dualism, everything is either body or spirit. the early church fathers and tibet monks are bad apparently

2. Romantasicm ( glorification of the body)

3. Naturalism, indulging the body and rejecting dominion and civilization

4. distortionism (apaprently common with pagans, also plastic surgery

audio has now cut out, ok back

5. debasement of the body (like modern art : example Picasso?????) WTF, Picasso is "modern " art to these people?

6. sexualization,

No more audio again, this sucks

Picasso is be considered modern in the proper definition of the term. He is not, of course contemporary having been deceased since 1973. "Modern" refers to a period beginning is the late 19th century and ending in the early 70s when artists where artists tended to look at subjects differently and use new techniques.

What the Botkinettes don't understand is that Tibetan monks hold beliefs that are anything but dualistic. Everything is connected. The Universe in a Single Atom by the His Holiness the Dalai Lama is a good explanation of this teaching. So are the teachings of Thich Nhat Hanh, a Vietnamese monk in the Zen tradition.

Beauty is not neutral, it all came from an outside influence. Beauty trends than communicated a woman is helpless and can't work (bound Chinese feet) are not Biblical. Bible does not require we all look like Kiera Knightly, have a perfectly flat stomach, etc. I wonder what Mark Driscoll of "pastor's wives letting themselves go" fame would think of that.

Only on FJ :lol:

No kidding. I'm about to Skype with my BIL and fam, but I am looking forward to the snark. I am wearing black slacks and a purple v-neck shirt (with camisole for modesty). My hair is in a ponytail (didn't want to keep it down after my informational interview this morning)

"The Bible doesn't hold up a specific standard of physical perfection/beauty"

Umm... what's this webinar about then? haha

So then why have you spent all of this time quoting bible verses.

I couldn't bare it for long! maybe I'll try again later if you're allowed to replay it? seems rather basic and couldn't see where I could fast forward or rewind etc... its very much a power point presentation with voice-over!

Just screens of Bible Verses and the landscape scene!

Couldn't help but notice that when she speaks it says "Isaac Botkin". I'm guessing he is overseeing all of this, can't have them doing anything on their own now...

"The purpose of beauty is to declare the glory of GOD"

"Taking care of what God has given you, is obedience."

"God clothes us to cover our shame, and in that same way we dress and wear make-up to cover our sin and shame and SORROW which may not be seen by others."

IE; Cover your sadness and sorrow and look outwardly happy, pretty and such, cos we are showing how good God is by doing this....WTF? no real emotions to be shown!!! Can't be seen to be ugly, unhappy because that is an affront to the LORD!!!

I asked if they had subtitles, and they replied:

A: I'm afraid we don't have the capability to create subtitles. I wish we could.

Archived