IGNORED

Reclaiming Beauty starts tonight -live snark at 8 eastern

meda

So tonight the Botkin girls will explain how to look pretty for Jesus. I am going to try to listen and snark at the same time, if anyone else is registered for this, please add your commentary.

They are still allowing people to register for free for tonight's session, so any one wants to share the pain.....

https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/141980680

I apologize in advance for crappy typing and worse than usual spelling, I'm lousy at transcription.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

logged in, they are currently playing bad piano music and wispering. Mute the mike girls

Now they are showing pictures of themselves, and glorifying their parents.

they like to cook and work on their computers, history compssing, hiking, etc....sounds like a personal ad.

they are now very specifically NOT teaching men or older women, just their "peers". They strongly emphasize that they cannot guide girls, their fathers must. EVERY new idea in the webanare MUST be run past fathers.

So why are they doing a presentation on something girls think too much about anyway? tehe

This generation of course knows nothng about beauty, 2 ideals christian women are stuck between.

1 Hollywood glitz, immodesty (these women are "out for blood")

2. plainness, like nuns or amish (showing a Vermeir picture as example)

the answer is not to find a balance, but reject both. (childhood pic of the girls holding goats)

They were not inspired by "homeschool couture" of the 90's..... but when they were younger they shunned beauty, then they realized GOD owns beauty, not the world.

(they are now showing pictures of the girls as teenagers wearing baggy shirts, hoodies, and pants. oh the horror. (audio sucks by the way)

6 false theologies regarding the body: (they love the word presupposition)

1. Dualism, everything is either body or spirit. the early church fathers and tibet monks are bad apparently

2. Romantasicm ( glorification of the body)

3. Naturalism, indulging the body and rejecting dominion and civilization

4. distortionism (apaprently common with pagans, also plastic surgery

audio has now cut out, ok back

5. debasement of the body (like modern art : example Picasso?????) WTF, Picasso is "modern " art to these people?

6. sexualization,

No more audio again, this sucks

Ok is there a drinking game involved? I need to know this before following the thread 'cause I was really hungover today.

if the sound comes back, drink when they say the word "presupposition" or mention their father

Where in the Bible does it say what type of beauty Jesus likes in women? I thought he was a virgin preacher? Oh well, guess I'm wrong.

Ok, snark postponed by act of God. Clearly she is pissed at this stupidity and is effing with their technology. I'll recap when they link to the audio file.

they IM'd and said they had a "temporary audio problem"

5 minute sound check. I just had surgery, so someone's going to have to run and get a bottle for me. Or I can turn my drinking game into a Percocet party.

While I wait for these titans of Christian media....

It is so strange to hear them talk about "our generation" when they speak, since they are women in their mid 20's speaking to a group of adolescent girls. I wonder if they do that for presentation purposes, or if they really identify with the audience?

So perhaps today's webinar was free since they needed to test drive the technology? I'd hate like hell to be a paying customer with these kinds of technical problems.

Archived