IGNORED

Pro-Life Groups Recruiting Dogs to Vote

GeoBQn

My Aunt's last name is Max. Her husband's last name is a typical last name (let's say Smith since I don't want to give out his last name on the Internet). They used to get letters encouraging "Max Smith" to vote. They mostly ignored those until Max Smith got called for jury duty. They both had to go down to the courthouse and explain that there is no Max Smith. The fact that we are soliciting animals and non-existent people to vote is slightly scary. People could really take advantage of that.

I got called for Jury Duty at two addresses. A month or so apart. When I contacted the court about it, they apparently had my name down as different people for the different addresses. (home and P.O. Box) Luckily it was easy for me to correct, but you'd think that there would be some other sort of cross checking to prevent these things.

I'm also getting notices telling me to register to vote at my new address- I registered within months of living here and had them take my names off the other county's rolls. (It's been nearly 2 years)

I got a call from a group that did not identify itself as for Romney, but asked me questions like "If you heard that Obama voted for law XYZ that resulted in the 70,000 less jobs, would you be more or less likely to vote for Obama?" As a librarian, my immediate thought was "Who cares what someone said, where's the citation?" So I said I'd be more likely to vote for Obama, on the grounds that 1) it would fuck with their poll and 2) I'm not voting for anyone who can't cite their sources.

from dogsagainstromney.com:

Romney Defined

romney

(rom-ney) v.

1. To defecate in terror.

I really wish that this definition would be google-loved into a widely known phenomenon, Santorum-style.

ADFASDDSAdasdf! So adorable! Is he part wolf?

LMAO, no. He's probably a badly bred Akita with a dash of Border Collie or something, based on the agouti + early greying + ticking patterns and behavior. He's a great dog though.

I like the idea of google bombing that definition from DogsAgainst Romney.

My pups get solicitations and credit card applications all the time. I also had someone come knock on my door asking for one, by name, to register him to vote. It just so happens that my utilities (phone/power/water) are in their names because of what I do and they pull the list from that. Here in Georgia, jury pools are pulled from drivers licenses and voter registration so they havent been summoned yet, but there is talk about expanding the pool to include power bills so that may come up in the future. Definitely not voter fraud because, although they attempted to register them, they never voted.

My pups get solicitations and credit card applications all the time. I also had someone come knock on my door asking for one, by name, to register him to vote. It just so happens that my utilities (phone/power/water) are in their names because of what I do and they pull the list from that. Here in Georgia, jury pools are pulled from drivers licenses and voter registration so they havent been summoned yet, but there is talk about expanding the pool to include power bills so that may come up in the future. Definitely not voter fraud because, although they attempted to register them, they never voted.

My dog got a call from the office of the local political candidate, urging him to vote. It was a recorded message, but still I found it hilarious. It's hilarious how much people solicit your dogs though. My mom said she wanted our phones connected in April, so they must have thought her name was April because a lot of bills are in that name and lots of telemarketers call for this non existent April. My dog and imaginary April have never voted, but it makes it seem very easy to commit voter fraud, or even to get a whole new identity.

My dog happens to be pro-choice, and if he was American, he'd be voting for Obama :)

Archived