IGNORED

Pro-Life Groups Recruiting Dogs to Vote

GeoBQn

My Aunt's last name is Max. Her husband's last name is a typical last name (let's say Smith since I don't want to give out his last name on the Internet). They used to get letters encouraging "Max Smith" to vote. They mostly ignored those until Max Smith got called for jury duty. They both had to go down to the courthouse and explain that there is no Max Smith. The fact that we are soliciting animals and non-existent people to vote is slightly scary. People could really take advantage of that.

Somehow I don't think this is the voter fraud the Republicans were looking for.

Yeah, this is the point I was gonna make. The people behind this are almost certainly Republican.

My Aunt's last name is Max. Her husband's last name is a typical last name (let's say Smith since I don't want to give out his last name on the Internet). They used to get letters encouraging "Max Smith" to vote. They mostly ignored those until Max Smith got called for jury duty. They both had to go down to the courthouse and explain that there is no Max Smith. The fact that we are soliciting animals and non-existent people to vote is slightly scary. People could really take advantage of that.

Don't you only get called for jury duty if you are registered to vote or have a drivers license?

Don't you only get called for jury duty if you are registered to vote or have a drivers license?

Technically yes. No one seemed to be able to explain how "Max" got called for jury duty.

Voter fraud really worries me because I think Republicans are seriously padding their numbers. Example: I live in a county that I would put at half-blue and half-red but somehow, we always come out full on, huge majority red in elections. It makes no sense given the demographic of my county.

So, a good discussion to have would be: how do we reduce voter fraud without disenfranchising real voters?

I heard about someones cat getting called for jury duty.

I dont know how pets could vote-maybe put different bowls of food with each option written on, and whichever one the dog eats first wins?

Last night I got a "poll" call about Tom "having a baby out of wedlock is just the same as rape" Smith.

Q1 asked if I was voting for Bob Casey or Tom Smith.

Q2 "if you knew Bob Casey had voted with Barack Obama 95% of the time would you be more or less likely to vote for him?"

Q3 whether his support of some balanced budget thing would make me more likely to vote for Tom Smith.

Q4 would I like to sign up to help them get Tom Smith elected?

Totally impartial!

My dogs, and most other dogs, would definitely never vote for the party of Mitt Dog-Torturer Romney.

They feel that humans have really crossed a new line of crazy by even considering having such a psychopath as alpha.

They would appreciate having the right to vote, however, to help save the humans from themselves.

It's amazing what works legally as a name. My maiden name is long and hard to pronounce by most English people (why, I have no idea, it's not THAT hard). I've been able to cash checks with an extra q or t thrown in, with the vowels mixed up. I've gotten official notices from the government with gross misspellings of my last name. If it looked vaguely like my name it was good enough. When I got married and changed my name to something much more common my credit history got conflated with someone else sharing my first and last name. Creditors don't even check ss#.

Voter fraud really worries me because I think Republicans are seriously padding their numbers. Example: I live in a county that I would put at half-blue and half-red but somehow, we always come out full on, huge majority red in elections. It makes no sense given the demographic of my county.

So, a good discussion to have would be: how do we reduce voter fraud without disenfranchising real voters?

First, I love your status as Uriah Humper.

Second, I don't think there's massive voter fraud going on anywhere, on either side. Think about how this would work. Even if a dog became registered, how could the dog vote? Maybe the owner could vote once under their own name and once under their dog's name, if they could do it at different times with different volunteers at the polling station who wouldn't recognize them, or in two adjacent districts somehow. Now, for that to have a real sway on an election, even a local one, hundreds or thousands of people would have to do this. This is why it's so ridiculous for Republicans to hand-wring about this type of voter fraud, because it's too much work to make it successful on a large scale.

If there is voter fraud in your district, it's far more likely to be tampering with machines or ballots. Disenfranchising voters on one side (usually Democrats) is a technically legal form of voter fraud and is probably what is happening in your county. Things like reduced polling hours, more distant polling locations, longer lines, and lack of accessibility by public transportation will disproportionately affect Democratic voters, who are more likely to have inflexible job schedules, less free time, and less access to cars.

I just don't think worrying about this type of fraud is useful when there are other issues that have a bigger impact on elections.

My dogs, and most other dogs, would definitely never vote for the party of Mitt Dog-Torturer Romney.

They feel that humans have really crossed a new line of crazy by even considering having such a psychopath as alpha.

They would appreciate having the right to vote, however, to help save the humans from themselves.

So, Hebrew words can be read differently based on the vowels used. For example, ברק אובמה which says "Barack Obama" could also be read as "Bark Obama" if different vowels were used. So every time I see a Hebrew Barack Obama bumper sticker (which is not as rare as you might think), I always read it as Bark Obama, who I claim that my dog is supporting for president

little anecdote>

My dog would TOTALLY vote for Obama. He thinks Mormons are jerks, because the last time they came by the came in the yard and ignored every single tennis ball he brought them while they were ringing the bell.

404040_10151323808493054_1594622409_n.jpg (Image because I can't resist)

So, Hebrew words can be read differently based on the vowels used. For example, ברק אובמה which says "Barack Obama" could also be read as "Bark Obama" if different vowels were used. So every time I see a Hebrew Barack Obama bumper sticker (which is not as rare as you might think), I always read it as Bark Obama, who I claim that my dog is supporting for president

little anecdote>

Awesome.

Here's another dog for Obama:

M2GZWSqNviU

My cats also won't vote for Romney. They might not like dogs, but all human protectors must stick together.

Is it odd that we have a running joke about our cars following us when we're on vacation? They have to make sure we're safe. Their primary vehicle is a whit pickup truck. That's probably odd. But it makes us laugh

My dogs are all pro-choice, especially my doxie who was a teenage mother. I adopted her when she was 10 months old and she'd already had a litter of puppies. My dogs haven't forgotten or forgiven what Mitty Boy did to Seamus either.

According to our county party chair, there is NO evidence of widespread voter fraud by ineligible voters. All these voter ID laws are efforts by the Repugs to suppress the Democratic vote. There is evidence of voter suppression on the other side, though.

(Note to self: Get some volunteers for phone banking especially one to phone voters at risk for suppression.)

My dog would TOTALLY vote for Obama. He thinks Mormons are jerks, because the last time they came by the came in the yard and ignored every single tennis ball he brought them while they were ringing the bell.

404040_10151323808493054_1594622409_n.jpg (Image because I can't resist)

ADFASDDSAdasdf! So adorable! Is he part wolf?

My cats support Obama. They support same sex marriage since some of their favorite human friends had to travel out of state just to get married and not have their marriage legally recognized at home.

They would also like universal healthcare for pets (one of them had parasites, fleas, severe malnutrition, and a host of other issues when I found her wandering the streets) but they don't want to push their luck...yet

I heard about someones cat getting called for jury duty.

I dont know how pets could vote-maybe put different bowls of food with each option written on, and whichever one the dog eats first wins?

i9tOdmJLVl0

:D

ETA -- a relative sent one of these magnets in a package addressed to my dog:

http://shop.cafepress.com/i-ride-inside ... e%20inside

7835310414_309da44e28.jpg

This is what my dog thinks of mittens.

She rides shotgun and finds it appalling that mitty strapped his poor sick dog into a crate on top his car.

If he cares so little about his own family member she thinks he could care less about the majority of america too.

Voter fraud really worries all the conservatives I know as well. They are all certain that the democrats are registering dead people to vote.

Archived