IGNORED

Season 6 of 19 Kids and Counting. God help us all!

Buzzard

I'm not sure if you discussed that already, but isn't that Gothard in the wedding video they put up on their website?

davidlovespriscilla.com/2012/03/17/wedding-video/

I haven't watched the whole thing, but check out at around 15:00 min in. From googleing him, it looks just like him...

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone has covered everything I thought while watching this except one thing:

Why the hell are all the flower girls wearing different dresses? They couldn't just go to target or something and pick a pretty fancy dress int he same style for all of them? Rebekah's girls were wearing the same dress, Hannie was wearing a dress similar to what I wore to my sisters wedding at the same age...in 1996, and the other little girl was wearing something completely different.

Also: Priscilla's voice grates. I had to turn the volume up so I could understand what she was saying.

I'd never heard Priscilla's voice before tonight. I'm having a really, really hard time believing she was actually old enough and mature enough to get married without her parents' permission (legally). She sounds like an immature fourteen-year-old. And David gives me the creeps.

He gave me the creeps, too! The kissings shots grossed me out, as well.

Josh and Anna REally REally bother me! Ugh they both are so freakin unhealthy and it just disgusts me!I wonder if people treat them differently because they have gained weight?? Their whole Attitudes make me sick, im sorry but you 2 are better than no one! As far as David keller goes, I hate to speculate but....he just seems so "off", that being said maybe he is just so emotionally immature that he doesnt know the proper way to act?!?! And older Duggar girls....the whole ideas and visions for your life are nice but.....NOT REALISTIC AT ALL!

another thought i always have and wonder if im alone on this.....when we see the way David Keller act:, so sweet, inoccent, ect.....I always think of the way he acts in private. Will he be an abusive husband, will he walk all over her??? I just think of the abuse that goes on behind closed doors in this lifestyle and its always the ones you least expect......

Why do the Kellers have that dirt tennis court in their backyard? Especially, when they play in jeans and long skirts! I never heard Anna speak of being a tennis player or loving the game. Although, Anna and Smug did seem to be able to return the ball. I wonder where they picked up that little bit of the game?

When the J'slaves were talking about potential husbands Jill said that Jinger would want someone "visionary and spunky." Visionary in what way? What does that mean in this context?

I honestly wish Anna was pregnant. I know, I'm going to hell. She's far too big all of the sudden to not be pregnant.

Still don't care about GayDave and Prissy's wedding. Altho I will make these two notes (too much drinking games) -

1. Dave is so gay. No wait. That was supposed to be.. hm. Well. Michelle just picked up one of her grandchildren for the first time.

David's "I married my best friend" comment really drove this home for me. Poor hubby suffered through this ep and as soon as he saw the guy, he said it without any prompting. the kiss(es) = totally awkward. Could explain why there hasn't been an "announcement yet" of course the Kellers don't seem to be the ones who pop 'em out every 18 months, so there may be some other (health or personal) issues at play too.

what is crazy is that Priscilla is proabably about 5-6 years older than Anna was when she got married and is still far less mature than Anna at 20 (which is not saying Anna was mature at all). Pris voice is disturbingly forced/fake/juvenile.

Finally, I thought it was funny when Anna said "maybe Josh can give him the birds and the bees talk".

Everyone has covered everything I thought while watching this except one thing:

Why the hell are all the flower girls wearing different dresses? They couldn't just go to target or something and pick a pretty fancy dress int he same style for all of them? Rebekah's girls were wearing the same dress, Hannie was wearing a dress similar to what I wore to my sisters wedding at the same age...in 1996, and the other little girl was wearing something completely different.

Also: Priscilla's voice grates. I had to turn the volume up so I could understand what she was saying.

I am guessing Ester's girls had ot wear a far mor conservative dress than Rebekah's.... Plus they prob used what they had on hand.

Perhaps David and Priscilla married, so they wouldn't have a gazillion kids and be shunned by their families. If David is gay, and they never consummate the marriage, how are we to know? They can travel the country and wear matching outfits for the rest of their lives, while getting the approvals from their crazy Gothardite families for being married. As long as they stay married, they don't have to deal with being shunned or feel like they're going to burn in Gothard hell.

Just a thought.

They have a blog. If she is pregnant, they haven't announced it yet.

davidlovespriscilla.com/

anyone notice how in their more recent pics, Pris looks more uncomfortable? Like "oh sh#t what have I gotten myself into?"

David's "I married my best friend" comment really drove this home for me. Poor hubby suffered through this ep and as soon as he saw the guy, he said it without any prompting. the kiss(es) = totally awkward. Could explain why there hasn't been an "announcement yet" of course the Kellers don't seem to be the ones who pop 'em out every 18 months, so there may be some other (health or personal) issues at play too.

what is crazy is that Priscilla is proabably about 5-6 years older than Anna was when she got married and is still far less mature than Anna at 20 (which is not saying Anna was mature at all). Pris voice is disturbingly forced/fake/juvenile.

Finally, I thought it was funny when Anna said "maybe Josh can give him the birds and the bees talk".

David seems like a really nice guy, but he's almost "fathering" Pris. He talks to her like a little girl but then she talks like one! I mean, I suppose it's one thing to talk w/a soft voice like Michelle all the time :doh: and quite another to add baby talk to that! It's disturbing to hear her speak.

I wonder how likely it is that someone like David would even realize he was gay. I'm sure he'd be pleased that he wasn't 'lusting' after women and he'd think that he was honouring his wife by not wanting to have sex with her all the time. He'd obviously try to repress his attraction to the same sex as much as possible, and believe that it was an attack by Satan, or something. So I doubt he'd interpret it like, "Well, I'm gay. I'd better marry a woman to hide it from the world." It would probably be like, "This is the sin I struggle with, and here's the sort of woman I should want to marry, so I'll marry her and keep praying." Priscilla, sad to say, would probably have no idea at all.

I didn't realize how much I missed having fresh Duggar episodes to snark on until I read this thread. Thanks for the laughs, everyone!

Don't have much to add, but yes, David PINGS, and Priscilla sounds like a 7 year old. Not at all surprising that there has been no "announcement" yet. Gotta wonder if they've even consummated the marriage.

Perhaps David and Priscilla married, so they wouldn't have a gazillion kids and be shunned by their families. If David is gay, and they never consummate the marriage, how are we to know? They can travel the country and wear matching outfits for the rest of their lives, while getting the approvals from their crazy Gothardite families for being married. As long as they stay married, they don't have to deal with being shunned or feel like they're going to burn in Gothard hell.

Just a thought.

Fundies may not have the gaydar regular folks do, but if they don't start having kids, tongues will wag. Back when everyone was closeted, gay men (and women) married and had children all the time. That's the world they're living in.

Here's David making pizza at a friend's house 10 years ago. I have nothing against men in fabulous aprons, but somthing about the pose reminds me of the ones my 5 year old niece strikes when she's doing her imaginary glamour shots in the mirror.

David-Pics-15-204x300.jpg

Fundies may not have the gaydar regular folks do, but if they don't start having kids, tongues will wag. Back when everyone was closeted, gay men (and women) married and had children all the time. That's the world they're living in.

Here's David making pizza at a friend's house 10 years ago. I have nothing against men in fabulous aprons, but somthing about the pose reminds me of the ones my 5 year old niece strikes when she's doing her imaginary glamour shots in the mirror.

David-Pics-15-204x300.jpg

Gawd! That pic just pings so loud. Like you wrote, nothing wrong with a man in an apron, but wow.

I was just thinking, even if they don't start popping out babies, they could say it is due to fertility issues or that God had other plans for them, besides being parents.

Gothard at the wedding:

JEqFj.png

That is creepy! :shock: Reminds me of the horror shows I watch. There's something about his smile.

Thanks for posting this! I always feel like we need to have CYA footage of things like this. Now, we need to get this clip over to the FB page and maybe that'll get the leghumpers to finally admit that there's a connection!

Thanks for posting this! I always feel like we need to have CYA footage of things like this. Now, we need to get this clip over to the FB page and maybe that'll get the leghumpers to finally admit that there's a connection!

Leghumpers believe actual video and pictures as proof that there is a Duggar-Gothard connection? You expect way too much logic and honesty from them.

ETA -- if you look at the video Hannie posted, you'll see that Gothard is gloating like Gollum, or Mr. Burns from the Simpsons, over the transfer from father to groom.

Everything takes on a new, icky feeling with these people. Ordinarily, the point at which the couple first stand next to one another is lovely (and, of course, in the real world, we have choices - could be both parents or a friend walking the bride down, could be the couple processing together, could be no procession, could be two grooms or two brides!).

Here it just feels dirty.

Ok, time for one of my patented guaranteed-to-piss-people off rants.

Josh Duggar is a creepy, misogynistic asshole jerk. His beliefs and actions are damaging to the basic human rights of over half the population. The key words here are beliefs and actions. His weight has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!

Fatness is so completely demonized in our country that it has become crazy. What does it accomplish? Do people really think that shaming fat people will motivate them to change? I read a news story this morning about a 200lb. woman whose doctor is now refusing to treat her. I mean, what the fuck. Because she doesn't fit into a near-impossible standard he set, it's ok to let her die? What ever happened to the Hippocratic oath?

If all people had to do was eat less and exercise to lose weight, we wouldn't have this problem. But as any statistic will show you, DIETS DON'T WORK! You lose weight in the short term, but unless you're one of a very few who can keep it off, you gain it all back again. And why is that? Because the cause for obesity exists in the brain. All cutting-edge science is pointing to this conclusion. So unless and until science comes up with a brain solution (and chances are that will be a long time off, given the power of the diet industry), people will continue to struggle with obesity.

As for Smuggar, yeah, he eats a lot of junk food. But while I'm not excusing his deplorable beliefs and actions, he probably eats like that because his brain is telling him to. Whether for comfort or stress release, it really doesn't matter. Seriously, it really doesn't matter. If he were a liberal atheist, none of you would be harping on his weight.

And speaking of that, what does fat bashing do for you? Does it make you feel righteous and superior? Does it make you feel better about yourself that you don't look like that, or if you do, at least you have the decency to be ashamed of it? I've said this before, but attacking people's looks is the laziest and most shallow form of snark. If a fundie saw a picture of you and said mean things about your looks, could they also defend it because they think your beliefs are wrong? They actually have done that, I and recall some pretty righteous indignation because of it.

Feel free to tell me I'm hand-slapping, because I sorta am. But I'm sick and fucking tired of people who decry all the meanness and injustice in the world, but have no problem being ignorant and cruel about fat people.

Josh Duggar is a creepy, misogynistic asshole jerk. His beliefs and actions are damaging to the basic human rights of over half the population. The key words here are beliefs and actions. His weight has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!

Fatness is so completely demonized in our country that it has become crazy. What does it accomplish? Do people really think that shaming fat people will motivate them to change? I read a news story this morning about a 200lb. woman whose doctor is now refusing to treat her. I mean, what the fuck. Because she doesn't fit into a near-impossible standard he set, it's ok to let her die? What ever happened to the Hippocratic oath?

If all people had to do was eat less and exercise to lose weight, we wouldn't have this problem. But as any statistic will show you, DIETS DON'T WORK! You lose weight in the short term, but unless you're one of a very few who can keep it off, you gain it all back again. And why is that? Because the cause for obesity exists in the brain. All cutting-edge science is pointing to this conclusion. So unless and until science comes up with a brain solution (and chances are that will be a long time off, given the power of the diet industry), people will continue to struggle with obesity.

As for Smuggar, yeah, he eats a lot of junk food. But while I'm not excusing his deplorable beliefs and actions, he probably eats like that because his brain is telling him to. Whether for comfort or stress release, it really doesn't matter. Seriously, it really doesn't matter. If he were a liberal atheist, none of you would be harping on his weight.

And speaking of that, what does fat bashing do for you? Does it make you feel righteous and superior? Does it make you feel better about yourself that you don't look like that, or if you do, at least you have the decency to be ashamed of it? I've said this before, but attacking people's looks is the laziest and most shallow form of snark. If a fundie saw a picture of you and said mean things about your looks, could they also defend it because they think your beliefs are wrong? They actually have done that, I and recall some pretty righteous indignation because of it.

Feel free to tell me I'm hand-slapping, because I sorta am. But I'm sick and fucking tired of people who decry all the meanness and injustice in the world, but have no problem being ignorant and cruel about fat people.

This.

That will never happen cos they'll delete it if we could. I asked once why we couldn't post pics and got deleted for it.

Some of the leghumpers are downright scary.

You're absolutely right to an extent. If Josh had a thyroid problem or something that he can't control, that would be one thing. But it is largely because of his incredibly unhealthy diet that he is the weight that he finds himself. Personally, I've tried to stay away from calling him fat but comment on how unhealthy and gray he looks. Josh pumps his body full of McDonalds and other trans fat laden food almost daily. When he's not getting take out food, he's at home eating sodium rich food that Anna prepares. Josh is a relatively young man and while all young men do not have high metabolisms, it is usually the time when metabolism is the fastest. If he and Anna were to actually eat healthy I'm sure that they would drop a significant amount of weight. The combination of his weight and his receeding hairline, he seems a decade older than his chronological age. For someone being in their early 20's, he looks like he's a cheeseburger away from a heart attack.

ETA: And for the record, I think that his diet and life was so restricted when he was living in the TTH that he has a combination of over indulging just because he can and eating his very repressed feelings. Both are very sad.

deelaem, come on up to the Fabulous Blue State of Connecticut, and make me your bride. Your substandard, nearly-60-year-old, plus-sized bride.

Archived