IGNORED

Meet Hellena and Currawong

happy atheist

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If she posts photos of the new dump & it looks bad i'm sooooo tipping off ACA and Today Tonight. They would be all over it!

OMG I double dare you. I can so see Today Tonight reporting on how the children are eating rat poop 'raisins' and using the rubbish for toys while Hellacious and Curradong have wild placenta sex on the top of the garbage-strewn kitchen counter. Awesome.

Well I read the post in it's entirety. I think of it as method writing if I must morph into a new tale for Takai I need to get the flavor of the whole thing.

It's nice that Tom has heart shaped catch basins, terraced land, good views, and lot's of junk to turn into art. My big concerns would be a roof that didn't leak and indoor plumbing.

Well I read the post in it's entirety. I think of it as method writing if I must morph into a new tale for Takai I need to get the flavor of the whole thing.

It's nice that Tom has heart shaped catch basins, terraced land, good views, and lot's of junk to turn into art. My big concerns would be a roof that didn't leak and indoor plumbing.

I'm wondering if the owner of the home they are in has been gently nudging them out, or maybe even being uncool and capitalistic enough to insist on rent being paid. That could explain the move to the hovel down the hill.

I'm still shocked these two exist. They seem more like fictional characters than honest to God living people who are someone's parents. Can you imagine? *shudder*

I know. Their house seems quite nice and well built, especially by Northern NSW commune standards, which can be quite sketchy.

Why are they leaving it to move into a trash heap with a man who seems to be in conflict with much of the community because of his messes, and who I would speculate may be mentally ill? It just doesn't make sense.

That, I suspect, is the attraction.

I get seasick trying to wade through this blog....is my interpretation that she envisions turning her neighbour's hoard into some kind of Heidelberg Project correct?

Wow. I made it to the end of this thread. Which is actually nothing compared to making it to the end of any of Hellena's blog posts. They're just so long. And I say this as someone who can be incredibly long-winded when writing.

grinning like a banshee
Is this an expression in Australia? Because banshees scream, and that's the only way I've ever seen them used in similes.

And we talked about how sometimes Currawong could promise a lot more in a hug – especially when I wasn’t around – than he would give. The same with his words. He may not have been fucking these women, but he was energetically doing it nonetheless. But she also shared about how his boundaries had appeared to form more recently. And how a love for me was keeping him at arms length afterall.
This passage is all kinds of entertaining, but I really love how Yollana informs her that Currawong has been hug-fucking her less lately.

Hellena is probably my favourite blogger that we snark on, here. She doesn't post stuff about politics that make me angry. She rambles on and on, but when I wade through it, I find these nuggets of hilarity that I just have to share with the partner and we both laugh. And I do like hippies, which probably helps make her tolerable. I also like much of her art. The hangers I find terrible, but I love the tea cosy.

nothing wrong with her crochet, that's for sure, but I sure as hell can't make it through her posts without a break.

I find her husband attractive, but I can't see, um, being close to him without having him fumigated.

Her kids are gonna change their names.

Oh, and this is how they currently rent their house:

Living in the beautiful house that we do, and that we can’t afford, because the owners of it liked us, and let us do an energy exchange for the bit we can’t afford.
So...yeah...

Hellena gives me all colours of WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN.

I'm a rigid thinker. Leninists are like that. When I read her posts my eyes are boggling and I'm going "NOOOOO" Too many types of madness and bizarre oversharing about her sexual habits. It's no' fair on yer reader likes. :shock:

An energy exchange sounds like it involves prostitution for rent money.

That is exactly where my mind went.

I tried to get through her long post about how wonderful she is and how broken and horrible Currawong is, but I can't read that. Their house sounds like a nightmare with the kids running naked and not being watched, Currawong having to keep the kids from bothering her has she writes this crap and then they have horrible screaming, hitting each other fights(no, it is not holy when you hit your husband, Hellena). That cannot be good for those kids.

I suspect that Currawong has more than hug fucked other women.

Is it just me or did that post make it sound like maybe Currawong is going to just take the kids and run from her? I wonder if he won't step up and be the responsible parent and get the kids into a situation that is safe for them.

Sorry if I misinterpreted... it was REALLY hard reading that much on a screen.

If my husband started hitting me, I would take the kids and leave too. So what he did was the responsible thing to do he just should have stayed away and tried to get custody of them. And all she got out of it is that she is the most perfect, wonderful person ever.

Yes, I know this thread is ancient, but I just discovered it this morning. Pages and pages back, people called themselves omnisexual, and I just wanted to correct the term.

The proper term is pansexual. Pansexual means a person is attracted to a personality as opposed to a sex. They're drawn to people despite sex.

Omnisexual means that a person is attracted to anything: men, women, animals, cars, the next-door neighbor's radish crop.

It just sort of grated my nerves.

*Warning: The following post may sound "judgmental" to some. I don't give a shit. My mother was a victim of domestic violence and I don't have any patience for it. I don't care who's beating who or why, it's wrong and that's the way I feel about it.*

It blows my mind that she is able to be so open about beating her husband (with her only regret being that she wasn't able to really hurt him) and she get's very minimal reaction for it. If this were a man posting about beating his wife people would be coming out of their trees.

I also have to say, that it really speaks well for him that he didn't lay her out on the spot, because a lot of people wouldn't have had the restraint to stand there while that crazy bitch hit him, kicked him, and pulled his hair. I don't think much of him, but I'll give him credit for that.

Honestly, if she is neglecting those kids and beating him then he needs to take those babies and get the hell away from her. Maybe when they move in with the friendly neighborhood hoarder Child Services will sit up and take notice.

Actually pre-schoolers tend to take a while.

Hello :) Yes I have not forgotten your rather judgemental stance on this.

Yes, because it's totally judgmental to be against spousal abuse. :roll:

Oh God, here we go again.

We're ALL against spousal abuse aren't we? It's not OK if men beat women, women beat men, men beat men or women beat women. (Gay domestic violence is underreported and often not even considered to be an issue: it takes just as much guts to leave an abusive gay male or lesbian relationship as it does any other.) It's not judgemental to be against spousal abuse and OKTBT isn't saying it is. What she is saying is that she found valsa's attitude towards HER judgemental on a previous occasion.

(It's also not OK to hit children - I should think all of us agree on that: it seems to be a constant on this board.)

The issue she, and valsa, and I, as it happened, disagreed on, and the issue to which OKTBT is referring here was HOW you deal with people who admit to have hit a partner or child. Especially if they have understood that they were wrong to do it and have changed the way they deal with things.

OKTBT went out on a limb and admitted something personal that she'd done once and was sorry for. That didn't stop valsa beating on her verbally, equating her to the worst type of abuser, implying that she was beyond redemption and that this verbal abuse was the way to make her stop because (quote valsa: 'some people respond to hugs and hand holding. Others respond to condemnation.') and valsa had arbitrarily decided that OKTBT was only going to respond to condemnation.

I doubt if there is anyone on here who now condones laying a finger on a partner or a child in an other than loving way. I understand that you have a personal issue that 'hooks' you on this topic, but perhaps you could bear in mind that verbal abuse can hurt just as much as physical, and leave as lasting scars.

If you've never done anything you're ashamed of, fine, go on chucking stones. If not, then consider the things you've done that you're ashamed of and how much you'd like to continue to be condemned for them even when you have recognised you did something wrong.

FFS let's just repeat it shall we?

No-one here believes spousal or child abuse is OK. That includes OKTBT.

Oh God, here we go again.

We're ALL against spousal abuse aren't we? It's not OK if men beat women, women beat men, men beat men or women beat women. (Gay domestic violence is underreported and often not even considered to be an issue: it takes just as much guts to leave an abusive gay male or lesbian relationship as it does any other.) It's not judgemental to be against spousal abuse and OKTBT isn't saying it is. What she is saying is that she found valsa's attitude towards HER judgemental on a previous occasion.

(It's also not OK to hit children - I should think all of us agree on that: it seems to be a constant on this board.)

The issue she, and valsa, and I, as it happened, disagreed on, and the issue to which OKTBT is referring here was HOW you deal with people who admit to have hit a partner or child. Especially if they have understood that they were wrong to do it and have changed the way they deal with things.

OKTBT went out on a limb and admitted something personal that she'd done once and was sorry for. That didn't stop valsa beating on her verbally, equating her to the worst type of abuser, implying that she was beyond redemption and that this verbal abuse was the way to make her stop because (quote valsa: 'some people respond to hugs and hand holding. Others respond to condemnation.') and valsa had arbitrarily decided that OKTBT was only going to respond to condemnation.

I doubt if there is anyone on here who now condones laying a finger on a partner or a child in an other than loving way. I understand that you have a personal issue that 'hooks' you on this topic, but perhaps you could bear in mind that verbal abuse can hurt just as much as physical, and leave as lasting scars.

If you've never done anything you're ashamed of, fine, go on chucking stones. If not, then consider the things you've done that you're ashamed of and how much you'd like to continue to be condemned for them even when you have recognised you did something wrong.

FFS let's just repeat it shall we?

No-one here believes spousal or child abuse is OK. That includes OKTBT.

Thank you for reminding me why OKTBT would have her undies in a wad in this thread.

Leaving aside your overdramatization of the previous encounter between OKTBT and myself, I'm not sure I agree with your interpretation of what happened in this thread either.

It's not judgmental to be against spousal abuse and OKTBT isn't saying it is. What she is saying is that she found valsa's attitude towards HER judgmental on a previous occasion.

I find this version flawed because she actually only called my condemnation of Hellena's abuse of her husband "judgmental". That's it. She, in no way, linked her opinion to our previous encounter on the subject (which I didn't even recall until you pointed it out here) Neither did she condemn Hellena's abuse of Currawong herself, which would have been nice considering her history. So it does actually come across as her having a problem with people who judge women who hit men as being abusive.

Archived