IGNORED

The Bates(es?) have a big announcement...

singsingsing

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PayPal donation buttons on the wives' blogs. That way you too can help them continue to bring their ministries to other people who live in the US and have never heard of Jesus.

In my experience "never heard of Jesus" means I am giving you a gospel track so you don't burn in hell. Since I handed you this piece of paper I can take credit for your salvation. Pat on the back for me.

Suck it Gil, feed your own family!

Can I get an Amen? Truer words were never spoken.

Well, if they are planning on following the Duggar's path, if it is a pregnancy or engagement announcement, they'll probably try to make an appearance on the Today Show before the episode airs to boost ratings.

I wonder if their "big announcement" is just something for us to get "excited" over. Remember in one episode of 19 Kids and Counting, they showed a preview of JB and Mullet gathering people for a big announcement? That big announcement was just one of the crew members' wife was expecting their first child.

In my experience "never heard of Jesus" means I am giving you a gospel track so you don't burn in hell. Since I handed you this piece of paper I can take credit for your salvation. Pat on the back for me.

That's how you get toasters in heaven.

Of course the Paines are in ATI--he's something big at Headquarters I think............they have a blog.

Maybe, just maybe, Erin met someone "acceptable" at college?? Given how conservative the place is that just might be possible. She'd be the perfect Baptist preacher's wife--hair, nail & clothes perfect, able to play the piano at the drop of hat.....etc

Of course the Paines are in ATI--he's something big at Headquarters I think............they have a blog.

Maybe, just maybe, Erin met someone "acceptable" at college?? Given how conservative the place is that just might be possible. She'd be the perfect Baptist preacher's wife--hair, nail & clothes perfect, able to play the piano at the drop of hat.....etc

That'd be nice... Maybe someone a little less, um, what's the word? I think someone needs to get married soon. I think it would set off a domino effect and get Boob to start rushing to marry off a few kids.

That'd be nice... Maybe someone a little less, um, what's the word? I think someone needs to get married soon. I think it would set off a domino effect and get Boob to start rushing to marry off a few kids.

Yes--they need something to make it almost interesting again. Otherwise, possible topics are:

A trip to the dentist!!

A day at the car lot!!

Loading the bus!!!

Joyanna and Johanna make dinner!!

Grandma does a load or 4 of laundry!

Daddy and Mamma kiss!

Josh and Anna kiss!

Yep, the thrills never stop............

The Bateses may or may not have an actual big announcement, but I'm almost sure the Duggars won't this season. We know Michelle's not pregnant, we know Anna's not pregnant, and the courtship hints are almost certainly just b.s. to get people watching. They're teasing the new season by showing Priscilla's wedding. That right there says to me that the Duggars themselves have nothing going on.

Somewhat off-topic: I find the Bates family to be more connected and loving than the Duggars. As much as I despise their theology and politics, everything I see of them suggests that they are, for the most part, a loving, connected family, and Gil & Kelly are good parents.

Looks like it might be a courtship announcement....this was posted on the Bates' Blog

Nate Paine

8/21/2012 12:36:09 AM

Thanks Erin for all the time and effort you have but into glorifying the Lord in all that you do, especially in the area of music! You and your family are a H.U.G.E. blessing to me for which I am eternally grateful for! You all are in my thoughts and prayers continually...blessings in Him,

Nate Paine (CT) ;)

Looks like it might be a courtship announcement....this was posted on the Bates' Blog

Nate Paine

Thanks Erin for all the time and effort you have but into glorifying the Lord in all that you do, especially in the area of music! You and your family are a H.U.G.E. blessing to me for which I am eternally grateful for! You all are in my thoughts and prayers continually...blessings in Him,

Nate Paine (CT) ;)

Ohhhh snap! :shock: Either it's Nate + Erin or somebody isn't guarding their heart very well at all! Or he's speaking to her as a future sister-in-law and he or one of his brothers is courting Michael. :pray:

Nate Paine

Nate Paine (CT) ;)

Hmmm... that wink at the end is a little too defrauding & flirtatious! Very unchristrian! Also, "blessings in Him"...ugh! You can't bless someone in someone else. I don't get that saying at all. Makes my head spin.

Seriously though, maybe it is a courtship announcement. Either way, I don't care. I don't like the Bateses & Erin really annoys me. Regardless, I find it sad to hear about any fundie woman getting married to an equally fundie man. She's just trading in one crappy life for another, and will likely produce a boatload of equally uneducated and hateful "blessings." Just what the world needs! :roll:

Nate Paine

Nate Paine (CT) ;)

Whatever it is, it's been moved to next week. They've swapped it with the Big Sandy episode, so instead of the Paines, we're stuck with the fucking Duggars. Ugh.

Whatever it is, it's been moved to next week. They've swapped it with the Big Sandy episode, so instead of the Paines, we're stuck with the fucking Duggars. Ugh.

I wonder if it IS an engagement, it happened and they filmed it relatively recently (or the same goes for a pregnancy announcement), because they did swap a couple of the episodes around. I believe the "big announcement" episode will be the season finale.

My take:Erin and Jessa Duggar are trophy wife material for the upper class ATI/VF Son-they have the requisite 8-10 kids, get some domestic help from less fortunate young girls who idealize them and spend time making speeches ,giving teas and being decorative. The Michaela and Jill types do the real work.

My money's on pregnancy. Whether it's a courtship/engagement or B20, though, I'd like to believe they'd be a little more gun-shy given their past experiences. That said, I know it's a pipe dream.

Maybe the the Bateses wanted Zach and Erin to have a double wedding, but since his intended freaked out in her moment of sanity, they'll have to settle with selling off their little princess for high ratings.

Archived