This post of her's sums up her attitude to anyone who might be concerned for her children's health, I think. She's talking about an experience having an ultrasound for her last baby, in which she claims the tech 'yelled at' her over her 4th child's ultrasound and blamed her kids for being too disruptive and causing that tech to miss out on catching the 4th child's birth defect:

She's insane, and her husband is either equally insane or enabling her for some reason.

WTF? :? Yes, because I'm sure it's part of the "cheat sheet to Jesus' heart" to smugly cackle over the idea of other people burning in hell. If you truly believe that's what your god is about, why on earth would you want to worship such a deity?

And they are totes the nice ones here. Because everyone who decides to become an OB nurse or ultrasound tech does it specifically because they hate pregnant women. That makes perfect sense :roll:

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
She cheerily talks of all the money they spent on a swim meet and buying a toy for a child who injured himself and thus reducing their food budget from over $100 to $30. There is no excuse for stupid.

Here's the empty pantry: http://abigails-alcove.blogspot.ca/2012 ... board.html

And she talks about having to throw everything out of the fridge when they lost power. Why didn't she cook the frozen pork chops and get a cooler with ice to save some of the condiments and such? She seems a bit on the foolish side.

No, she's not foolish in this case. If she doesn't have electric, how will she took them? Over a campfire? Maybe a grill, but if it was a gas grill and low on gas...she was probably out of luck since I heard she lived in WV, if it's the same power outage I'm thinking about, where would she have gotten the ice? Everyone wanted ice then, there were more than 400,000 ppl without power, ice was non existent, sold out everywhere. I know, I remember. everywhere had signs that said No Ice. Gas was also in next to impossible to find. Very few places had it because they ran out. Most restaurants/fast food places were closed so ppl couldn't even do that. I think this women's crazy, but because I live in WV and I know what it was like during that outage, I will not dare mock the reality that she had to toss all her food. 100s of 1000s of ppl experienced the same thing. It's personal for me because ppl lost power for a minimum of a week, many 2-3 weeks. Power companies from other states came in to help it...it was that bad and that desperate. We were in a state of emergency for a couple weeks because of it.

Though will say, with her super low income, she probably could have gotten some of the food replaced since anyone on food stamps got that chance. Of course, she's too proud to dare get on those to feed her children and have her martyr complex keep going and trusting Jesus crap. Seriously, God/Jesus did nothing in regards to her circumstances, she and her husband have created their own hell for not only themselves, but their children too. Poor kiddos. :cry:

Chaotic, I am deeply sorry for your loss.

I think this lady wants a sick child too. She obviously doesn't understand NFP. This lady upsets me so much because I am Catholic and struggle so much with it without wackos like her twisting it up. People treat prayer like a cosmic vending machine. If I say the right combination at the right time God will do MY will! Idiot thinks God exists to serve HER!!!! All these fundies seem to care more about rules than actually helping other people. All she talks about is herself. She never writes about helping others(although that would be annoying hearing her brag about her good deeds)

Do these people ever get bored thinking only about themselves?

Bitch crazy.

Catholic fundies drive me the craziest, simply because I grew up Catholic and they pervert the religion so much, it's nearly unrecognizable.

While I stopped being Catholic for several reasons, one of which was church policies and actions I disagreed with, there are still things I respect and like about the faith. For example, my mom went to the College of St. Teresa (now closed), and she has St. Teresa's prayer on our fridge. My great uncle was a Jesuit brother, and was awesome. To see these things turned in to smug, fundie fuckupedness is enraging.

Speaking of enraging, I am not surprised she got shade thrown at her for her kids being loud and obnoxious during mass. To my knowledge, most Catholic churches have a cry room in the back, with a window and speakers so parents can be involved in mass without their children disrupting. Or, lots of parents don't go to mass together until the kids are old enough to be quiet- I think my parents went separately for several years, not counting holidays.

I was also raised Catholic and despite now being an atheist there are still some things that I respect about the Catholic faith and some of the important figures in the church. I agree with you, Catholic fundies really perverse the religion and this blogger really pisses me off. She seems to be a show off and as I mentioned before, I bet some of her fellow parishioners are annoyed by for several reasons in addition to her kids being loud at mass.

From the entry on starting a VBS--er, "rosary camp":

I did Lectio Divina with them and they were great! We prayed in the Chapel. We acted out all crazy manner of the Annunciation. I even learned that Startrek does "Hail" for Greetings just as St. Gabriel started out the "Hail Mary!"

Is she talking about a Star Trek that I'm not familiar with? Something different from Star Trek the TV show, which starred two Jewish actors, one of which based the "live long and prosper" hand gesture on the one that Cohanim do during the priestly blessing in synagogues?

IMO, there are two Catholic Churches. The Social Justice Church, which I have a great deal of respect for, and the Hierarchy Church, which seems to be in the business of enabling evil. This lady seems to have come up with a third Catholic Church, which can be called the All About Her Church.

From the entry on starting a VBS--er, "rosary camp":

Is she talking about a Star Trek that I'm not familiar with? Something different from Star Trek the TV show, which starred two Jewish actors, one of which based the "live long and prosper" hand gesture on the one that Cohanim do during the priestly blessing in synagogues?

Oh, let's not confuse the poor dear with the facts. :shhh:

It takes some major mindfuck to confuse, "Captain, the Klingons are hailing us.", with the Angel Gabriel. :roll:

Oh, I found it... here's the post where she calls herself infertile (I think she was pregnant with her fifth child at this point), gets called out in the comments by someone who is actually infertile, and... continues to insist that she IS infertile:

abigails-alcove.blogspot.ca/2011/12/go-say-congratulations.html

And here's her b.s. about getting kicked out of her apartment for having too many kids:

In the middle of Lent, (three weeks into my blog fast) we got handed an eviction notice for having "too many kids." (Technically, we were over the occupancy limits of 2 people per bedroom and couldn't renew our lease in 2011.)

Can't renew lease due to being over occupancy limits = evicted for having too many children. Unbelievable. She basically lies through her teeth in the first sentence, then admits she's completely full of it in the next. PERSECUTION!!!

IMO, there are two Catholic Churches. The Social Justice Church, which I have a great deal of respect for, and the Hierarchy Church, which seems to be in the business of enabling evil.

Exactly.

I was also raised Catholic and despite now being an atheist there are still some things that I respect about the Catholic faith and some of the important figures in the church. I agree with you, Catholic fundies really perverse the religion and this blogger really pisses me off. She seems to be a show off and as I mentioned before, I bet some of her fellow parishioners are annoyed by for several reasons in addition to her kids being loud at mass.

Same. I was also raised Catholic. I don't know what I am now but I guess I would be for the Social Justice Church side of things. Anyway, the Catholic fundies drive me up the wall. (Except Franki, she was my gateway fundy and so out there I can't even read her name now without laughing.) I'm not sure if I should read her blog - love everyone's commentary but I think the blog itself would make my blood boil. I can't read Catholic Answers because it makes me so mad how legalistic they are.

That's why I hated Santorum, because I feel like people just fell for it b/c he slapped the Catholic label on himself. My parents, who complain all the time about how expensive BC is and how it just needs to be covered by insurance at a much cheaper rate because "everyone takes it", and hate the red-tape surrounding my prescription for it (I have to take the name-brand because the generic causes side effects, and our insurance doesn't like to approve it), were pro-Santorum because he was Catholic! I just wanted to head desk, like did you even pay attention to ANYTHING he said?

Anyway.

Oh, I found it... here's the post where she calls herself infertile (I think she was pregnant with her fifth child at this point), gets called out in the comments by someone who is actually infertile, and... continues to insist that she IS infertile:

abigails-alcove.blogspot.ca/2011/12/go-say-congratulations.html

:doh: Seriously?

Am I know longer "infertile" because I've had two kids since my secondary infertility patch?

Ignoring the fact that she can't seem to use a TWO LETTER WORD correctly...YES, YOU ARE NO LONGER INFERTILE. You can say you suffered from infertility, but if you are actively pregnant, you are not infertile by even the loosest definition of the word.

I think so. I'm scarred for life.

Well, then, there you go. There are no words :shock:

ETA for riffles.

Oh, let's not confuse the poor dear with the facts. :shhh:

It takes some major mindfuck to confuse, "Captain, the Klingons are hailing us.", with the Angel Gabriel. :roll:

I'm watching Star Trek right now (in case my avatar didn't give me away as a Star Trek geek), and now I giggle every time they talk about hailing frequencies.

While I find other Christian fundies scary and weird, the Catholic ones piss me off. I went to a Catholic school for all of one year before I couldn't take it anymore, and the fundies I met there are the reason why I still feel slightly uncomfortable telling people I'm Catholic.

chaotic, I am so, so sorry for your loss.

Same. I was also raised Catholic. I don't know what I am now but I guess I would be for the Social Justice Church side of things. Anyway, the Catholic fundies drive me up the wall. (Except Franki, she was my gateway fundy and so out there I can't even read her name now without laughing.) I'm not sure if I should read her blog - love everyone's commentary but I think the blog itself would make my blood boil. I can't read Catholic Answers because it makes me so mad how legalistic they are.

That's why I hated Santorum, because I feel like people just fell for it b/c he slapped the Catholic label on himself. My parents, who complain all the time about how expensive BC is and how it just needs to be covered by insurance at a much cheaper rate because "everyone takes it", and hate the red-tape surrounding my prescription for it (I have to take the name-brand because the generic causes side effects, and our insurance doesn't like to approve it), were pro-Santorum because he was Catholic! I just wanted to head desk, like did you even pay attention to ANYTHING he said?

Anyway.

I occasionally lurk on Catholic Answers and a lot of those posters piss me off for various reasons. A few days back, I was waiting on some work related phone calls and I lurked and came across an old CA thread and I saw that a couple of the more hardcore posters were banned. I wonder if the CA admins and mods decided to clean house and get read some of the hardcore legalistic members. Most of my relatives that are Catholic and aren't hardcore and they loathed Santorum for various reasons.

Do you have a link to Franki's blog? I don't think I've heard of her. Out of all the Catholic fundies whose blogs I sometimes read, this Abigail seems to be the biggest wack job. Briana and Barbara Curtis from mommylife are pretty normal compared to Abigail. Briana seems a lot more likable than Abigail. The first Catholic fundie blogger I came across was back in 2004 or 2005. From what I remember this blogger lived in Kentucky and had 11 kids. She also homeschooled, but her two older kids got scholarships to a Catholic high school. This blogger was very anti-abortion, anti-BC, but she wasn't as bad as this Abigail.

I occasionally lurk on Catholic Answers and a lot of those posters piss me off for various reasons. A few days back, I was waiting on some work related phone calls and I lurked and came across an old CA thread and I saw that a couple of the more hardcore posters were banned. I wonder if the CA admins and mods decided to clean house and get read some of the hardcore legalistic members. Most of my relatives that are Catholic and aren't hardcore and they loathed Santorum for various reasons.

Do you have a link to Franki's blog? I don't think I've heard of her. Out of all the Catholic fundies whose blogs I sometimes read, this Abigail seems to be the biggest wack job. Briana and Barbara Curtis from mommylife are pretty normal compared to Abigail. Briana seems a lot more likable than Abigail. The first Catholic fundie blogger I came across was back in 2004 or 2005. From what I remember this blogger lived in Kentucky and had 11 kids. She also homeschooled, but her two older kids got scholarships to a Catholic high school. This blogger was very anti-abortion, anti-BC, but she wasn't as bad as this Abigail.

My much more hardcore Catholic friend was anti-Santorum. She is devout, but not legalistic, and is pretty anti-Vatican right now too. Just into the traditions/etc.

No I think Franki either totally scrubbed her blog or deleted it. She was CRAY. Honestly the only person who outranks her for me on the fundy weirdness scale is the roast sitter. Other people might remember more but she had a "miscarriage" aka a period and I am pretty sure she buried the pad with her "unborn baby" on it (consequently people on here started naming their pads). I guess she thought she was pregnant (I can't remember if she had had a pregnancy test or not) and then she got this private message on FB about something she posted. It was "mean" (really the person was just politely asking her about something) and she became so angry at this message that she miscarried. So she thought this woman who messaged her had killed her baby. I think someone ended up contacting that woman to warn her of what Franki posted in case she totally went off the deep end. She had had a legit miscarriage before this but was very dramatic about mourning it. Then she found out about us.

First FJ thread lol :mrgreen:

Oh, I remember that one! Wasn't the blog called Daniel's mommy or something like that? She even talked about all the children her various female relatives had "aborted" because she assumed they were using the pill for birth control. Didn't realize she was Catholic, though.

I think she scrubbed the blog.

Re being Catholic: I am still a member of the Church and studied theology but I no longer believe in the Church, Christ or God at all, but I still feel somewhat protective towards the Catholic Church because so many people represent their teachings falsely and talk absolute bullshit about the things the Church teaches. Still feel so lively about this because I was active in a Christian forum during my time as believer where fundie and fundie lites of the Protestant kind were dominant and many believed things like "Catholics worship Mary over God", "The pope is the Antichrist", "Catholics think they need to earn their salvation and know no grace" and similar stuff.

Makes my blood pressure go up still!

My much more hardcore Catholic friend was anti-Santorum. She is devout, but not legalistic, and is pretty anti-Vatican right now too. Just into the traditions/etc.

No I think Franki either totally scrubbed her blog or deleted it. She was CRAY. Honestly the only person who outranks her for me on the fundy weirdness scale is the roast sitter. Other people might remember more but she had a "miscarriage" aka a period and I am pretty sure she buried the pad with her "unborn baby" on it (consequently people on here started naming their pads). I guess she thought she was pregnant (I can't remember if she had had a pregnancy test or not) and then she got this private message on FB about something she posted. It was "mean" (really the person was just politely asking her about something) and she became so angry at this message that she miscarried. So she thought this woman who messaged her had killed her baby. I think someone ended up contacting that woman to warn her of what Franki posted in case she totally went off the deep end. She had had a legit miscarriage before this but was very dramatic about mourning it. Then she found out about us.

First FJ thread lol :mrgreen:

Please tell me there's a link to this thread somewhere.

Chaotic, I'm so sorry for your loss and I wish I had something to say that sounded less trite and canned than that. Hug one of your beautiful kids...

Franki: Petite Bridal Dress model and therapist. Yep folks, she claimed to be a therapist as well. She had several blogs IIRC, about as she called it "babyloss.". Also her unborn children magically traveled all around the world, and she would write about her adventures. Both Franki and Abigail are complete whackadoodles, but I actually feel a lot of pity for Franki. I think she was legitimately ill, whereas Abigail is a narcissist (read the infertility post and see why) and is willfully ignorant.

Franki: Petite Bridal Dress model and therapist. Yep folks, she claimed to be a therapist as well. She had several blogs IIRC, about as she called it "babyloss.". Also her unborn children magically traveled all around the world, and she would write about her adventures. Both Franki and Abigail are complete whackadoodles, but I actually feel a lot of pity for Franki. I think she was legitimately ill, whereas Abigail is a narcissist (read the infertility post and see why) and is willfully ignorant.

I forgot she was a therapist too :roll:

I agree... even though she was pretty funny in the end I did end up feeling sorry for her. She did seem beyond the typical fundy crazy. I hope she did end up getting help, but I think her husband was a major enabler.

:doh: Seriously?

Ignoring the fact that she can't seem to use a TWO LETTER WORD correctly...YES, YOU ARE NO LONGER INFERTILE. You can say you suffered from infertility, but if you are actively pregnant, you are not infertile by even the loosest definition of the word.

Well, then, there you go. There are no words :shock:

ETA for riffles.

This women clearly doesn't get what secondary infertility means or what being infertile means. As a person who may be infertile and may never have children of my own due to a condition I have, which I have an appointment tomorrow to see about surgery, which might help my chances. Key word: Might. So she can go fuck herself, seriously. She'll never get it, she just wants people to feel sorry for her.

This youngest kid (my sixth) was a totally undeserved surprise and a very, very welcomed gift.

Am I know longer "infertile" because I've had two kids since my secondary infertility patch?

I think so. I'm scarred for life. Just like I'm horribly scarred from having a baby die in the second trimester and having a kid almost pass right into heaven on day six of her life.

No, you aren't infertile. You've had eight pregnancies in your life. You're not infertile. And the 2.5 yr thing, was that between child three and four, if so, she's not infertile. People who can't get pregnant at all or struggle for years to conceive just one or two children are infertile. And she had three children, but cried after each period because it wasn't a baby. Knowing people who struggled for years and years and years, again, she can go fuck herself. Plenty of women would happily take her "infertility" issues over theirs. She just doesn't get it. Losing a baby doesn't make you infertile either.

Miss Lauren is still technically "infertile", yet her house is stuffed with love, and life and joy.

I'm sure Nicole probably still emotionally thinks of her body as "broken" and "infertile", but her barren womb has held three precious three souls in less than three years.

No, most women I know who had infertility issues and suddenly got pregnant would not consider themselves infertile anymore. ANd three babies in a row would take out the infertility. They had babies in their wombs, which became children and therefore they are fertile. Anyone who can have three babies in three years is someone who's not infertile at all.

This pisses me off so much due to my own issues and a couple friends with PCOS who can't have children, are defined as infertile for real and I may be too. Real infertility, not going a couple years without a child and having eight pregnancies and six or seven children or three kids in three years. She was insensitive to call herself infertile. It's a lie for one because she's not. Not getting pregnant for a couple years after a child is not that strange. And a womb that's grown a fetus into a baby is not barren. Barren means none at all, no pregnancy, truly infertile and will likely never grow a baby. She just doesn't get it and the commenter at the end doesn't either.

Archived