IGNORED

First peek at Joseph M. post breakup

kpmom

The Maxwells posted the first picture I've seen of Joseph since Elizabeth kicked him to the curb.

He's got the usual, instant Maxwell smile, but looks a little unshaven.

And apparently Sarah thought we really needed to see a picture of a clock at 5:35 this morning, and an open bible.

Yeah, personal bible time, no sleeping in, we get it, we get it.

The way they go on and on about trip planning and prep - " It was again a team effort to finish last-minute preparations and load up." - they must think they're the only people that have ever done this! As if all the rest of us are saying, 'wow, i wish our family could work as a team the way the maxwells do . . . ' :roll:

I only started following the Maxwells a little while ago, but why do they always have to grin like that? It's actually starting to freak me out. They all have that same forced grin in every single photo.

Guest Anonymous

They were reading Acts 13. Which ends with Paul and Barnabas shaking the dust off their feet in the face of rejection.

So predictable, Steve... :lol:

They were reading Acts 13. Which ends with Paul and Barnabas shaking the dust off their feet in the face of rejection.

So predictable, Steve... :lol:

Ah, good catch, anniec! That'll show those Muncks.

Joseph's eyes look super sad in my opinion.

What's up with the several photos of Mary and others on the floor? Are they getting the furniture cleaned or something? Personally I see nothing wrong with it, but being the fundie and control freak that Steve is, I would think he wouldn't allow it.

He doesn't look "heartbroken" at all. The only one "heartbroken" is Stevie. A 20yo GIRL was "told" :pray: to break the engagement, not him. :o 2 broken engagements, a 30 yo SAHD.... courtship's not treating Stevie very well.....

And what is that green CRAP in Anna's blender?!? :doh:

Looks like a green smoothie, which I make for myself often - though I always drink it right away. I hope they weren't making green smoothies ahead to bottle up and pack for the trip - gross! (FTR, my green smoothies do not look appetizing at all, but I do like them. Spinach and kale blended with fresh fruit, water, and ice.)

Does it appear to anyone else that the Maxwell daughters share a bedroom that includes a set of bunk beds?? OH HELL TO THE NO!!!! A 30 year old sharing a bedroom with her 20 (is that how old Anna is now?) and nearly 16 year old sisters?? Sharing a room on vacation. Yes, fine. Sharing a room when you come home to visit. I understand that one. But, all three of them still sharing a room and two of the three are adults?? That's just stupid. Don't tell me you're not a flipping control freak, Steve-o Asshat. I want to hit Steve-o. Who's in?

He doesn't look "heartbroken" at all. The only one "heartbroken" is Stevie. A 20yo GIRL was "told" :pray: to break the engagement, not him. :o 2 broken engagements, a 30 yo SAHD.... courtship's not treating Stevie very well.....

I'm wondering what the pink crap is in the baggies. And how many vehicles are they taking?

Wait a minute. Is everybody going? Even the families with the newborns?

On another note, Steve actually looks relaxed and happy in that pic with Teri. Too bad he can't seem to stay that way for longer than it takes to snap a pic.

They share rooms because they're so united as a family. :roll: There's another thread about this.

Sorry, I didn't see the thread until after I posted.... I'm upset I missed the troll. Damn thing called work keeps interfering with the fundie trolls who visit.

I think there's too much emphasis on whether the family is smiling or not. Yeah, their smiles are kind of creepy but they're just doing it for the camera because that's what people used to do when the camera is pointed their way. Joseph may be getting over the broken engagement, or he may be crying inside, or he may be trying to find his missing jeans in that picture. I don't think we can read too much into that pose. I've had bad things happen to my friends and they aren't constantly crying or constantly putting on a brave face. It depends on when you catch them they could be mourning or having a nice reprieve. I think it's good that Joseph is leaving the house. It will help clear his head. I don't mind the family going along because an awful breakup is when people would want family around. For once, I think the Maxwell togetherness as a good thing. Of course, I'd also like Joseph to place some serious thought into what he's been taught, the worldview his family espouses and realize the strangeness of his existence. Maybe he'll realize he really need to get that house finished so he can move in and cleave some part of his life from his parents.

Wait a minute. Is everybody going? Even the families with the newborns?

On another note, Steve actually looks relaxed and happy in that pic with Teri. Too bad he can't seem to stay that way for longer than it takes to snap a pic.

Well if everybody is going, Joe wont have much chance for some self pity and wallowing in his misery. That would be an idol and Steve wont allow that. Get everyone there and the moment somebody notices that Joe doesn't have a Stepford smile on his face, Steve can smack him with the bible.

I think the pic Joseph is *almost* a WTF? expression. Maybe it went like this.

SARAH (in a sing-song voice): "Hey, Joseph, smile for the camera!!!"

JOSEPH: {thinking, "WTF, has she got to take a picture of every second of our lives?"} *Happy Christian Smile!*

I think there's too much emphasis on whether the family is smiling or not. Yeah, their smiles are kind of creepy but they're just doing it for the camera because that's what people used to do when the camera is pointed their way. Joseph may be getting over the broken engagement, or he may be crying inside, or he may be trying to find his missing jeans in that picture. I don't think we can read too much into that pose. I've had bad things happen to my friends and they aren't constantly crying or constantly putting on a brave face. It depends on when you catch them they could be mourning or having a nice reprieve. I think it's good that Joseph is leaving the house. It will help clear his head. I don't mind the family going along because an awful breakup is when people would want family around. For once, I think the Maxwell togetherness as a good thing. Of course, I'd also like Joseph to place some serious thought into what he's been taught, the worldview his family espouses and realize the strangeness of his existence. Maybe he'll realize he really need to get that house finished so he can move in and cleave some part of his life from his parents.

Good post..it is easy to Snark for the sake of it. We can all smile for a camera. I like your last sentence.

He looks a little bit thin, as though he's lost weight over a short period of time. His face looks craggy.

Do you think this picture is a message to Elizabeth, "I'm doing JUST fine without you"?

I think there's too much emphasis on whether the family is smiling or not. Yeah, their smiles are kind of creepy but they're just doing it for the camera because that's what people used to do when the camera is pointed their way.

Agreed. The weird thing (though not all that uncommon) is just that EVERY single picture on their site is posed, and because they favor certain poses (as most people do) it seems like so many repeats. It makes their site seem really stiff. I miss the days of more landscape pics.

Though speaking of posed pictures... on my high school trip we went to a far part of the country and toured around for a week. Well of course every school does this, and it's a big tour with guides and flags and all that business, so of course there's bleachers there in front of the various Important! Cultural! Monuments! for us to take class photos on.

Half of the places all had the same red bleachers, so looking at the official photos afterwards, it looks like we are just in some studio and they're swapping out the backdrops on a screen, it's kinda hilarious. Thankfully we had our own cameras too for more interesting photos.

Seriously, folks: how much SHIT are these people taking with them!? My GOD, it's unreal.

I wondered about that too - are they taking Uriah AND that trailer? That makes me wonder about the schedule - are they going to Colorado and then directly on tour? If so, they probably have to haul all their books around, I don't think they get mail drops or anything like that (that'd be way too pricey for them).

They pack up so much food also. Surely they know by now that Colorado has grocery stores.

They pack up so much food also. Surely they know by now that Colorado has grocery stores.

They mentioned that they will stop at the grocery again in Denver, surely they need to stock up on some fresh stuff. But yeah. Looks like anything that remotely "keeps long" they insist on buying at home and taking with.

It seems like they like to "half make" a bunch of dishes and pack all that stuff in coolers, so they can eat exactly as they do at home while on vacation, by just putting the various pre-mixed things together or putting a pre-made container of crockpot food into the crockpot, etc. Every time they have one of these "look as us prepare for a trip" posts it seems they're making use of the blender and baking up a bunch of cookies and that sort of thing. I guess they figure this saves them from having to take all their various appliances with them on the road, or something. They seem to like a lot of processed (by them) stuff (as opposed to things that only have one step, like "grill this piece of chicken" or "roast this potato" or "boil this vegetable in water"). That and sandwiches, I see they're packing sandwich meat. That I do wonder why not just get it there? Maybe they worry about sales...

I get up at 5am to feed the baby. No other reason is good enough.

Archived