IGNORED

First peek at Joseph M. post breakup

kpmom

To me all that cooking and advanced food preparation would exhaust me so much I'd need a vacation. I can see preparing food for the drive, but then yes get the one step food like chicken, potatoes, and fresh vegies once they are there. I don't like to keep food more than a day or two in a cooler.

I get up at 5am to feed the baby. No other reason is good enough.

I often say (when friends suggest something insane like going to the regional plant-and-flower market when it opens at 4 AM) that I MIGHT get up that early for the second coming of Christ. Maybe.

I think they are taking the van and Uriah. The van will pull the trailer. It didn't seem like Melanie and Nathan were going but I could be wrong.

Steve said that Joseph isn't angry with God or Elizabeth, but Steve isn't inside Joseph's soul.

I hope they have a safe trip and enjoyed "their what some may call a vacation".

Guest Anonymous
The way they go on and on about trip planning and prep - " It was again a team effort to finish last-minute preparations and load up." - they must think they're the only people that have ever done this! As if all the rest of us are saying, 'wow, i wish our family could work as a team the way the maxwells do . . . ' :roll:

But, predictably, the leghumpers are saying stuff like that:

Patti Jo on August 16, 2012 at 9:26 pm said:

I enjoyed these photos and like seeing how organized you all are–Wow! How wonderful everyone works together to get things done. I especially enjoyed seeing the photo of Joseph on the stairs (he’s doing a great job holding all those shoes, etc.–I’d be dropping things down the stairs, I’m afraid). Continued prayers for all the Maxwells. Love, Mrs. Patti

FFS, how to rub salt in the poor lad's wounds without trying..."GOOD JOB JOSEPH! You missed out on escaping the compound and getting laid this weekend, but you sure know how to carry shoes downstairs without tripping!"

Sure looks like they are taking a ton of stuff inside the hotel room. It's just for 1 night. They should each have a small overnight bag with a change of clothes, pj's, and their bible. The hotel has shampoo and the ladies don't wear makeup.

I think there's too much emphasis on whether the family is smiling or not. Yeah, their smiles are kind of creepy but they're just doing it for the camera because that's what people used to do when the camera is pointed their way.

I don't have an issue with smiling in photos per se; it is indeed what people do. My problem is when the presence of smiles is used as in defense of the fundie lifestyle. "Look how happy they are, they're always smiling!" Smiling means nothing. It's what they're trained to do, keep sweet and hide emotions at all costs. You'd better be smiling or else, even if you're dying on the inside.

Most of these smiles though remind me of what used to bug the hell out of me when I watched women's gymnastics. The women were so intense, so focused as they performed their routines and it showed on their faces. Then as soon as they'd dismount, they'd turn to the judges and flash these cutesy little smiles out of nowhere, because it was expected of the "girls." (Do they still do that? Don't ever recall seeing it from the men.) It always seemed forced and fake and that's what I see in the constant Fundie Smile. Just once, I'd love to see a photo showing a genuine belly laugh or even a hint of sadness. But I don't hold out hope for either one. The only other acceptable expression seems to be one of constipated smugness, a la the Botkinettes.

I think I counted two pairs of shoes and a plastic bag that Joseph was carrying down the stairs. The guy remodels houses, for pete's sake, I am not surprised he can carry more than one pair of shoes down some carpeted stairs without tripping or slipping.

Just like all Gothard and Gothard-influenced families "happy" is the only allowed emotion.

My family can load the car without documenting it every time!

Joe--my heart DOES go out to you. You were so, so close to escaping at least a little...

Guest Anonymous
I hope that whoever is making sandwiches doesn't forget to take all of the cheese paper off ...

BUT... that is the only thing in a decade that actually did induce belly-laughter... :lol:

I get up at 5am to feed the baby. No other reason is good enough.

One more reason...a store in my area has socks for half price for a few hours the day after Thanksgiving. I stock up for the year that day. Some family member are very hard on socks so this saves quite a bit of money. But getting up so early just to start the day? No thank you. I would much rather sleep longer and stay up later. I'm a night person, though. That probably doesn't matter in the Maxwell family.

To me all that cooking and advanced food preparation would exhaust me so much I'd need a vacation. I can see preparing food for the drive, but then yes get the one step food like chicken, potatoes, and fresh vegies once they are there. I don't like to keep food more than a day or two in a cooler.

Me, too. Last time we took stuff in a cooler, I had terrible gastrointestinal nastiness. I was in bed with a 102+ fever for nearly four days

Me, too. Last time we took stuff in a cooler, I had terrible gastrointestinal nastiness. I was in bed with a 102+ fever for nearly four days

I'm going to assume much of that food will be put into a fridge when they get to their cabin.

The Maxwells seem to revel in household chores. They really go overboard with the cleaning, cooking, prepping. Then again, the family does not participate in outside activities or hobbies and Steve says for every item that is banned, something else needs to replace it. Teri is also a stickler for organization. She may want to have every item wrapped, cooked, cut, cleaned prior to the trip as part of that anal retentiveness. Finally, the Maxwells are a large family and eating out is expensive and can cause impure thoughts. Part of the excessive prep may be they want to guarantee enough food to feed a large family for the duration of the trip. Heaven forbid they end up venturing into unknown, possible heathen territory in the middle of their vacation!

Awww sucks to be him. He thought at this point he would be getting some on-demand booty day and night and finally enjoying life but instead he's on a bus still living as a child and avoiding all potential sources of joy. :(

Archived