IGNORED

Kelly: I Have the Gift of Prophecy

DomWackTroll

Sounds to me like she has delusions of grandeur and a good psych could help with that or perhaps she is just making excuses for a missing brain to mouth filter.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well she Is just as batshit as Trelawney. Maybe her next prophecy will be about the one born with the power to defeat the evil dark forum Free Jinger.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love being the bane of these people's existence.

So my heartfelt message is: I cannot help my relentless efforts to bring the message to the body of Christ that I believe is life-giving–“here I stand, I can do no otherâ€. But know as I keep proclaiming it, that there is no spirit of condemnation (it is only God who has this power). Know that I love you. In fact, that is the ONLY reason I feel compelled to wage this war with my pen.

Can you imagine family reunions with this one?

Because you know, all that judgmental attitude is out of LOVE, not just a desire to force her will on others :? . Yikes.

She quotes the following;

“The prophet has the ability to recognize sinful behavior and a driving compulsion to confront individuals, groups and/or cultures.†Daniel Borchers

Sounds like an excuse to be a great big pain in the ass to me. And who in hell told her her "gift" was prophecy, whatever the hell that is.

Sounds like most fundies have this "gift of prophecy". :roll:

Way to be judgmental and a special snowflake.

When I was a Christian, there was a popular quiz/test that people took to help them discover their "spiritual gift" (the list of them is found somewhere in the New Testament). If I remember correctly, someone with the "gift of prophecy" is not necessarily someone who tells the future but a person with certain personality traits such as, black and white thinker, someone who is deeply concerned with "God's laws" and getting back to the truth of the Bible, etc. They are leaders, prophets, etc. Once upon a time (when I was a teenager) I thought I had the "gift of prophecy" but I lived a few years and realized that I was just young and idealistic. I matured and realized that life wasn't Black and White, it was just shades of grey. Unfortunately, many born again Christians are not able to get that far up the maturity scale.

*confused*

I think in black and white. I struggle not to. I have thoughts like "This was tactically correct. I would have changed the bombing pattern, perhaps upped the payload a bit and timed the explosives differently. However it was disgraceful it happened at all."

That's simultaneously black and white, an I a super prophet or a weirdo? :lol:

*confused*

I think in black and white. I struggle not to. I have thoughts like "This was tactically correct. I would have changed the bombing pattern, perhaps upped the payload a bit and timed the explosives differently. However it was disgraceful it happened at all."

That's simultaneously black and white, an I a super prophet or a weirdo? :lol:

I don't know if you're a weirdo, but if you're talking about building a bomb, that's sort of scary.

But for me it's a technical issue not one I would attempt!! I would never build a bomb. I hate the thought. I think it's cruel and wrong.

I've defended this in a few threads. It's seeing it technically and sociologically, not like YAY TERRORISM.

JFC, what you are talking about a technical interest in something that you morally condemn. 'Simultaneously black and white thinking' on an issue would be more like having two diametrically opposing moral views on the issue.

You've mentioned before that people misinterpret your analyses because they don't realise it is merely a technical interest, and don't take it as unsaid but obvious that you condemn the acts. There's a difference, though, between saying "I read up on this, I have an interest on it, I deconstruct the events to figure out the technical details" and sharing your deconstruction. I understand that you condemn the Holmes shooting, so when you say " I analysed the likely ammunition" I know that you aren't condoning it, and I don't judge that. When you say "I would have used a glock 86 and the perflivity bullets had too small a range", I have the same moral info on your beliefs, but I'm also forced to think about the details. Frankly, I'm not interested in the details, and I think the same goes for most FJers. By sharing the exact details of an example case in explaining your interest, rather than just saying "sometimes I figure out the details", you're introducing something to the topic that a lot of people at best really don't care about, at worst don't want to think about at all.

Biblical prophets were more about the business of speaking truth to power than about foretelling the future. Some prophets were allegedly told through divine revelation of future events, whereas others were content merely to extrapolate from the past what the future might hold for what they saw as a renegade people.

In Kelly's defense – okay, so it's not quite a defense – I can understand the unwavering “pull†to keep writing and writing. I even do it for a reason similar to why Kelly does: She made mistakes in the past. I, likewise, though my own errors went deeper.

I can understand how she might do the wrong things – or say the wrong things – for what she perceives to be all the right reasons: Her heart is in the right place but her head is up her ass. (I'm high on migraine medication so I might be overly generous, and babbling like an idiot to boot.)

If only she could expand on those occasional flashes of humility and humanity she demonstrates, then she might actually have something interesting to say rather than vacuously parroting the VF party line. If she wants so badly to be a prophet – a thing that no one in their right minds would actually want – then she should come up with some original material: Surprise us all a little and advocate for the poor once in awhile, and risk offending her tight-fisted, miserly, grudging, grasping, self-righteous customer base.

JFC, what you are talking about a technical interest in something that you morally condemn. 'Simultaneously black and white thinking' on an issue would be more like having two diametrically opposing moral views on the issue.

You've mentioned before that people misinterpret your analyses because they don't realise it is merely a technical interest, and don't take it as unsaid but obvious that you condemn the acts. There's a difference, though, between saying "I read up on this, I have an interest on it, I deconstruct the events to figure out the technical details" and sharing your deconstruction. I understand that you condemn the Holmes shooting, so when you say " I analysed the likely ammunition" I know that you aren't condoning it, and I don't judge that. When you say "I would have used a glock 86 and the perflivity bullets had too small a range", I have the same moral info on your beliefs, but I'm also forced to think about the details. Frankly, I'm not interested in the details, and I think the same goes for most FJers. By sharing the exact details of an example case in explaining your interest, rather than just saying "sometimes I figure out the details", you're introducing something to the topic that a lot of people at best really don't care about, at worst don't want to think about at all.

If what she's saying is upsetting you, stop reading.

Her heart is in the right place but her head is up her ass. (I'm high on migraine medication so I might be overly generous, and babbling like an idiot to boot.)

Well, definitely her head is up her ass, but totally disagree that her heart is in the right place. There is no milk of human kindness spewing out of this ... person. Isn't there something about not harping on someone else's mote in their eye when you have--gosh...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love being the bane of these people's existence.

Speaking of Trelawney, don't most fundies think prophecies are ebil and of the devil? I mean, thinking back to when the HP books were coming out, it was all "Magic is evil, and HP is bad because blah blah blah" The fundies I know hate psychics. Well, how is being psychic different from being prophetic? And wasn't Jesus supposed to be the last prophet or some such?

Speaking of Trelawney, don't most fundies think prophecies are ebil and of the devil? I mean, thinking back to when the HP books were coming out, it was all "Magic is evil, and HP is bad because blah blah blah" The fundies I know hate psychics. Well, how is being psychic different from being prophetic? And wasn't Jesus supposed to be the last prophet or some such?

They think transfiguration is evil too, but Jebus turned water into wine.

Wow, most of her readers seem to believe she is indeed a prophet.

Wtf on this:

AMEN!!!! When I first came across your blog, I was shocked because I felt like I was reading something I would have written. Now I know – it is because you are a prophet too! Being a prophet is not well receipted, but a gift from the Lord, none the less.

I cheer on Vanessa though:

I cannot agree with you, according to what the Bible clearly states, that you have the gift of prophecy. And yes, I am a Bible believing, King James, right dividing, Christian! 2 Timothy 2:15!

I find it really frightening how idea like prophecy and demonic possession/influence are starting to creep into mainstream Christianity.

Churches that stick to one interpretation of the Bible (flawed as it may be) are in most cases fairly consistent in their theology; this kind of supernaturalism, on the other hand, is like a blank check and invites all kinds of abuses.

Hey Kelly, I have an uncle who is a prophet for christ too - he's doing 25-35 for rape & kidnapping. I think his Docs said something about schitzophrenia but I'm sure that's not you. Carry on!

I have an aunt who told my parents, with a straight face and her full force of belief, that she had "a portion of power Jesus has, and can read minds." It took all of my dear, sarcastic, witty father's will power to ask her what he was thinking. With my aunt, and I'm guessing with nutzoid Kelly, it was all about being the super special, I'm so wise and wonderful ,validate me please thing. My aunt has spent her life trying to find that one thing is just amazing at, and I'm assuming this is what Kelly has found in her new superpower.

I'm claiming my speshul gift is making amazing potato salad.

Some fangirl comments:

As far as public school, I always wanted to homeschool, but my husband is totally against it. We were lucky in the fact that we are an off the beaten path area and our girls were taught from a Christian view in a lot of the classes. Teachers wittnessed, bible verses read aloud, Christian music in the hallways , so I felt somewhat okay with it, however middle and high school are a whole different story..and the Christian schools in the area are full of mostly non Christian kids who have gotten into so much trouble there parents have stuck them there to see if someone can fix the problem. Yes my girls have “witnessed†to other children , but so far those children have a much bigger influence on mine than mine did on them.

That sounds like a nightmare of a public school to me.

This one was answering someone who is sending their children to public school:

And when your child comes to you and says they don’t believe in God anymore, what will you do? We home school but put our daughter in the school music classes with the “christian†teachers. She was very well respected and had a strong faith to the point that even the non-christian boys protected her. She has endured many trials through her short life. Last month, she informed us that she no longer believes. I believe that God is at work in her life. Our relationship is good

It may not be just the public school but the ungodly culture around us. When you put your children where they are not ready to be, are you ready for the outcome?

Yes, just going to music classes with the "christian" (shouldn't that be capitalized, lady?) teachers turned her child against God. Maybe they sang "Imagine" in chorus. :D

I admire homeschoolers. But I also know many godly people who have children in public schools. I also admire them. They have an unique opportunity for the kids and the parents to be the salt and light…It really is like a missionary calling; living among hostile people group who in its core is against the Gospel. Still we are called to reach out to these people. I

Hostile? Not until after you start trying to convert me!

Godwin alert:

Hitler said, “He alone, who owns the youth, gains the futureâ€

The government has an agenda and its aimed at the youth. BUT I believe intentional Christian parents (along with teachers and district staff) can be called by the Lord to the public school mission feild, beacuse that is exactly what it is. These very intentional parents who teach the word at home and are heavily influencing the lives of their kids and involved in their education and social activities should be just as commended as homeschoolers. These parents are rare among public school parents, but that just makes them shine all the more bright for Jesus and Lord willing will influence the culture.

Great -- another one who sees the school as a mission field (and can't spell it).

And, as ever, the issue of being submissive when your headship is so clearly just Wrong, Wrong, Wrong comes up:

Personally, I’m working on my pride and gentleness, but I DO believe God’s will is not the public school system…so yes, I would call it a sin to send children to public schools…and Christian schools are not always the answer, as someone pointed out…I don’t have any in my area that are truly Bible teaching.

With all of that said, my oldest son will be in first grade this year. My husband is not a believer and he insisted on public school for our children. Me, wanting to be submissive, dissapointed, went along with it, for I had *just known* God would come through and keep my little boy at home to homeschool. God didn’t come through with my will, or what I thought was His.

What a group.

Some fangirl comments:

And, as ever, the issue of being submissive when your headship is so clearly just Wrong, Wrong, Wrong comes up:

What a group.

That's what she gets for being unequally yoked. :roll:

That's what she gets for being unequally yoked. :roll:

Yep -- marry a non-believer, and you just can't boss God around like you want. Darn.

Hostile? Not until after you start trying to convert me!

That bothers me to no end. It's like they believe non-believers are a bunch of savages, living a vicious life...

A person's kindness/unkindness has nothing to do with her/his religion.

Archived