IGNORED

Kelly: I Have the Gift of Prophecy

DomWackTroll

...and it's so very hard on me, me, me!

"I am not boasting of a 'gift of prophecy'. While I know I must be grateful for what God has created in me, I quite loathe the 'driving compulsion' that usually makes people mad at me and give me ulcers. Please know…I don’t choose to be so annoying. It is a compelling force that robs me of rest and unless you have it, you probably don’t know what a burden it is." :violin:

generationcedar.com/main/2012/08/to-my-christian-friends-family-who-have-chosen-public-school-things-i-need-you-to-know.html

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She quotes the following;

“The prophet has the ability to recognize sinful behavior and a driving compulsion to confront individuals, groups and/or cultures.†Daniel Borchers

Sounds like an excuse to be a great big pain in the ass to me. And who in hell told her her "gift" was prophecy, whatever the hell that is.

Oh good! Then why don't you save the rest of use heathens instead of moaning about it on your blog. The gift of prophecy... honestly. :roll:

Sure, the gift of prophecy is making her body fall apart. Turning herself into a broodmare couldn't possibly be doing it... :roll:

So she's using her god-given gift of prophecy to give a tongue lashing to those of her family/friends who continue to send their children to public school? *shakes head*

Seems like if God was handing out gifts of prophecy, he'd be wanting them used for a purpose that doesn't so closely align with Kelly's personal beliefs. In other words, what I'm saying here, Kelly, is that you're claiming your statements have the sanction of God, because they come via the gift of prophecy. Give me a break!

political-pictures-becky-fisher-word-christ.jpg

I am sure her gift of prophecy includes the fact that I, and many others, would just love her to STFU. I cannot speak for Jesus, but I am guessing he is Team Angri-la on this one.

Do these people have ANY self-awareness at all?

Does she realise how arrogant, opinionated, self-absorbed, self-congratulatory, smug . . .she sounds?

She has the gift of prophecy?

She didn't see the tornado coming.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Ah, she received the gift of prophecy after the tornado! You see, she was being tasted in her faith, just like Job (maybe you remember all those JOB-verses back then?). She managed to successfully prove how strong her faith in God is, which is the reason God gave her the gift of prophecy... or something.

Uh, Kelly is a fine example of a Christian solipsist. So conceited and presumptuous.

Edit. I just went to the GC blog. Kelly states that having the gift of prophecy, doesn’t mean she can predict the future...

...and it's so very hard on me, me, me!

"I am not boasting of a 'gift of prophecy'. While I know I must be grateful for what God has created in me, I quite loathe the 'driving compulsion' that usually makes people mad at me and give me ulcers. Please know…I don’t choose to be so annoying. It is a compelling force that robs me of rest and unless you have it, you probably don’t know what a burden it is." :violin:

generationcedar.com/main/2012/08/to-my-christian-friends-family-who-have-chosen-public-school-things-i-need-you-to-know.html

I don't understand this type of fundie logic.

Kelly states that having the gift of prophecy, doesn’t mean she can predict the future..

Um, does this mean I have to throw out my copy of Webster's Dictionary? :think:

I really need to get a copy of the fundie dictionary so I can interpret their statements. Because I swear to dog, I always thought being prophetic meant an ability to see future events.

Proph·e·cy   [prof-uh-see] Show IPA

noun, plural proph·e·cies.

1. the foretelling or prediction of what is to come.

So she's using her god-given gift of prophecy to give a tongue lashing to those of her family/friends who continue to send their children to public school? *shakes head*

Seems like if God was handing out gifts of prophecy, he'd be wanting them used for a purpose that doesn't so closely align with Kelly's personal beliefs. In other words, what I'm saying here, Kelly, is that you're claiming your statements have the sanction of God, because they come via the gift of prophecy. Give me a break!

political-pictures-becky-fisher-word-christ.jpg

Is that the woman from Jesus Camp in that photo?

Hmm. . . she has the gift of prophecy and she can't control her behavior ("Please know…I don’t choose to be so annoying. It is a compelling force that robs me of rest"). What type of people say such things?

Well she Is just as batshit as Trelawney. Maybe her next prophecy will be about the one born with the power to defeat the evil dark forum Free Jinger.

Yes, I lose sleep

When I read this I thought it said, "Yes, I lose sheep", and this song instantly popped into my head:

Please notice the use of the word "there" in the lyrics. My husband and I met in a very fundie highschool and we grew up with this song minus any instrumental or the "rhythm". That would have been sinful. Seriously.

Hmm. . . she has the gift of prophecy and she can't control her behavior ("Please know…I don’t choose to be so annoying. It is a compelling force that robs me of rest"). What type of people say such things?

I wasn't clear. What I meant was, Kelly is making herself sound unstable. That's the kind of thing crazy people. "I can't control myself. I am led by God."

And I have the gift of being able to belch on command. Sometimes the urges over take me, it annoys people, but you sure don't hear me bragging about it.

Kirk Cameron's going to be pretty POed that god gave somebody else Kirk's gift.

So, you're saying God's a regifter?

I thought having the gift of 'prophesy' was BAD, in the bible? Then again, her definition of the word is unlike any I've ever heard of, hence why it is in quotes.

Gah!

When I was a Christian, there was a popular quiz/test that people took to help them discover their "spiritual gift" (the list of them is found somewhere in the New Testament). If I remember correctly, someone with the "gift of prophecy" is not necessarily someone who tells the future but a person with certain personality traits such as, black and white thinker, someone who is deeply concerned with "God's laws" and getting back to the truth of the Bible, etc. They are leaders, prophets, etc. Once upon a time (when I was a teenager) I thought I had the "gift of prophecy" but I lived a few years and realized that I was just young and idealistic. I matured and realized that life wasn't Black and White, it was just shades of grey. Unfortunately, many born again Christians are not able to get that far up the maturity scale.

Kelly Crawford and Stacy McDonald that's who. I'll through Jennie Chancey in there for good measure. They're all educated (public school and/or college educated I might add), know-it-alls who REFUSE to control themselves when it comes to voicing their opinions on what others say and do. To me they are the epitome of hypocrites.

Archived