IGNORED

Free streaming LIVE at the Creation conferance

clibbyjo

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And apparently, you can ask the speakers a question. 8-)

ETA: Buzzard, you button buttons faster than I do.

... So. Does anybody know how to play the Creation Conferance drinking games? I don't know how fundies use what they consider proof of God to deny evolution... :|

Any time they use the Bible to prove that the Bible is true (circular reasoning)

Any time they say "evolutionist" or "Darwinist"

Any time they talk about sin, death, or Jesus

Any time they bash "old earth" creationists

I love a good live-stream snarkfest, but I just don't know if I can do it. I've spend almost half my live either studying science or working in science. The way these jackasses bastardize it sometimes makes me want to cry and other times makes me want to punch my computer screen. I'm really not in the mood to cry tonight, and my laptop is new. :cry: :x

I love a good live-stream snarkfest, but I just don't know if I can do it. I've spend almost half my live either studying science or working in science. The way these jackasses bastardize it sometimes makes me want to cry and other times makes me want to punch my computer screen. I'm really not in the mood to cry tonight, and my laptop is new. :cry: :x

I would love for you to explain to them how evolution makes much more sense than bullshit creationism. They would all be like; Biblical reasoning does not compute... Biblical reasoning does not compute... Biblical reasoning does not compute... ERROR! ERROR! ERROR! *kaboom*

Guest Anonymous

The first speaker is John Sanford, Geneticist (read: Horticulturalist) on why Darwin was wrong.

Help us out, scientific FJers. Quote from Sanford: 'Good science affirms scripture'. Come on, how are you not tempted?

This obsessive focus on Darwin, I think, is a way to distract people from more recent research/evidence of evolution.

Also, I wonder whether this guy has ever heard of Galileo. Certainly he impacted the world "scientifically and spiritually."

Funny how creationists never get past number 1 in the scientific process..............

ETA: that is brainstorming for those not watching this asshat.

the bible on creation is like the first ibm computer. slow clunky and manual. evolution is a new super computer. well that's not a good compare we can still understand that old computer. but the bible version only works with very ignorant people.

Wow, if I had known all needed to do my thesis research was google, I'd have been out a lot faster.

How the fuck does this prove a great flood?????

ETA. someone clue Alecto in that all she needs for her graduate work in geology is google earth

I would love our resident geologist to get in on this part. Google earth a lake and telling us we are seeing a river carved from a flood.

I would love our resident geologist to get in on this part. Google earth a lake and telling us we are seeing a river carved from a flood.

Did he just not put up the scientific process. Where is his experimentation??!?!?!?!

Should I ask 'em how it was possible to fit all of the animals on the ark? And what makes the flood so unique and final in creationism compared to other culture's/religion's flood stories for it to be fact besides of Abrahamic proof? I'm not into science; but I figure if their creationism is oh-so-correct; then they can explain it...

NO geological records support evolution. REALLY?

What about mammals during the ice age? Nope? How does evidence proove exactly what the Bible says is true? Oh, there's a wooden ship here. It must be Noah's!tm when thousands of other wooden ships were abandoned (sp?) too in ancient times?

Actually, there was a great paper published abut 5 years ago in Science or Nature about finding a fossil that appeared to be land precursor to the whale. Damn those transition fossils.

Archived