IGNORED

Free streaming LIVE at the Creation conferance

clibbyjo

Planned parenthood. Drink a shot.

Nazis. Drink a shot.

:) How fun would it be to go to this conference with a bag of mini liquors and play that game... OK maybe not fun in practice, but a fun thought.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

No, no, no, no, no...

Outcome of Darwinism = abortion and gay marriage.

Also, history fail! This guy denies the importance of Afrikaner nationalism in the development of Apartheid in South Africa. He seems to suggest that it is solely the result of British pass laws.

Atheists absorbed their morality from Christian society.

Guest Anonymous

Our third speaker is Jonathan Sarfati. He is a dual citizenship Australian-New Zealander and Messianic Jew (according to Wikipedia) talking about whether miracles are scientific. Can some FJers (for whom is it is a normal time of day and not 3am) live snark this?

I am dying to know how, since we're all descended from Adam and Eve, evolved..umm i mean developed 'miraculous variety'? into these difference 'racial groups'.

He would probably say something stupid like, "Teh Tower of Babel".

Guest Anonymous

Jesus walking on water (with Jesus as the Creator of the universe) is no different than a man being lifted from the water by a helicopter. Because God is not restricted by the universe that He created. RULES DON'T APPLY! Screw you, Archimedes!

Oh gawd his voice is nauseating. He's talking about miracles, and how atheists can't justify miracles. He throws in natural wars, theomodsnatics, the first law of motions, and how atheists can't prove that an isolated system exists.

Then he goes on about Jesus walking on water, which, he says, is a miracle, but, according to atheists, is impossible. He justifies this opinion by talking about Archimedes and, Archimedes' theory that you can't walk on water because of your buoyancy and weight would cause you to sink. BUT, the speaker reasons, what if the man walking on water was assisted by a helicopter? Archimedes didn't factor a helicopter into the equation. So Jesus walking on water was because he was assisted by a helicopter (aka, God). He then says that God intervenes to create miracles, atheists use circular reasoning, and goes on to talk about Mary and Jesus' birth (which is also a miracle)

Guest Anonymous

OMG!

'The Christian miracles have good evidence behind them. The Mormon miracles are counterfeit ones.'

Really? What is this "good evidence"?

'The Bible must be the way we judge true miracles from false miracles'. Drink a shot.

OMG!

'The Christian miracles have good evidence behind them. The Mormon miracles are counterfeit ones.'

Really? What is this "good evidence"?

'The Bible must be the way we judge true miracles from false miracles'. Drink a shot.

I really don't know how you can sit through this sogba. My head's ready to explode with the out there arguments and fancy words to confuse the listeners. It all sums up to: GOD DID IT!

Guest Anonymous

I really don't know how you can sit through this sogba. My head's ready to explode with the out there arguments and fancy words to confuse the listeners. It all sums up to: GOD DID IT!

I am drinking the shots!

Ha! Nice. I guess we're going to hear about a biblical exception for incest.

I believe the most currently accepted fundie explanation is that Adam and Eve were perfect in every way, including genetically. Therefore there was no danger of causing deformities or disabilities in their kids or grandkids by allowing siblings or mother/son to produce offspring. I know this is what they put forth at the Creation Museum.

Of course, they run into problems again with the whole flood thing, because now they're back at square one. Not only is a single family supposed to repopulate humanity on earth, but single animal pairs are supposed to repopulate all animals. I guess Noah's family and all the animals were also genetically perfect. They also explain different races by claiming that Noah's son Ham was disfavored by god, so his descendents were cursed by dark skin. Clearly no racism in the bible at all.

In other words...IT WAS MAGICAL!!

god%2520magic.JPG

But slickcat79; isn't magic against the Bible? It's not magical; it's unexplained holyness. :lol:

Guest Anonymous

According to Sarfati: Knowing that it 'took a man' to create a baby and that decomposing corpses smell is the same as understanding science in the same way as modern sceptics do. Therefore, miracles are true because biblical characters must have been too smart to be tricked.

Also, what the fuck is with fundy crazy-boots and C.S. Lewis?!

But slickcat79; isn't magic against the Bible? It's not magical; it's unexplained holyness. :lol:

Tomayto, tomahto ;)

I believe the most currently accepted fundie explanation is that Adam and Eve were perfect in every way, including genetically. Therefore there was no danger of causing deformities or disabilities in their kids or grandkids by allowing siblings or mother/son to produce offspring. I know this is what they put forth at the Creation Museum.

Of course, they run into problems again with the whole flood thing, because now they're back at square one. Not only is a single family supposed to repopulate humanity on earth, but single animal pairs are supposed to repopulate all animals. I guess Noah's family and all the animals were also genetically perfect. They also explain different races by claiming that Noah's son Ham was disfavored by god, so his descendents were cursed by dark skin. Clearly no racism in the bible at all.

In other words...IT WAS MAGICAL!!

god%2520magic.JPG

Wow, do you know if there is an additional explanation of why it wasn't just, er, gross? We all know people use anything biblical to justify all things, so seems dangerous. Aren't they effectively saying that incest is only wrong because of the risk of birth defects? These are the same people that wouldn't have average couples who are likely to have children with genetic defects use birth control? Something doesn't add up.

It seems crazy that anyone would want to invoke that biblical allowance, but I am now thinking of the polygamists that live somewhere in the northwest US/Canada that take pride in heavy inbreeding, and specialize in dairy farming.

Wow, do you know if there is an additional explanation of why it wasn't just, er, gross? We all know people use anything biblical to justify all things, so seems dangerous. Aren't they effectively saying that incest is only wrong because of the risk of birth defects? These are the same people that wouldn't have average couples who are likely to have children with genetic defects use birth control? Something doesn't add up.

It seems crazy that anyone would want to invoke that biblical allowance, but I am now thinking of the polygamists that live somewhere in the northwest US/Canada that take pride in heavy inbreeding, and specialize in dairy farming.

AFAIK, they don't mention the ick factor. I guess they figure it wasn't gross because god hadn't yet told them it was supposed to be, or the biblical families are just ignoring the grossness because it they don't, humanity dies out. And yes, nothing adds up.

There are at least 10 separate verses in leviticus 18 that describe the various kinds of "wicked" incest that are unacceptable for the children of god. That's way more verses than the one that addresses homosexuality. Yet in cases like Adam/Eve, Noah's family, and Lot's family, god is perfectly fine with incest. IIRC, he makes the sons/grandsons of Lot the leaders of nations. It's crap like this that makes thinking people laugh their asses off when they hear claims that there are no contradictions in the bible :roll:

I think it was the creation museum that says sin causes genetic mutation, so less of it had built up in Adam and Eve's kids, so them procreating together wouldn't lead to massive birth defects.

I think it was the creation museum that says sin causes genetic mutation, so less of it had built up in Adam and Eve's kids, so them procreating together wouldn't lead to massive birth defects.

Well if sin causes mutation, and mutation can lead to favorable adaptations that help boost survival then...sin is a good thing? If the Olympics had a mental gymnastics competition fundies would win, hands down.

AFAIK, they don't mention the ick factor. I guess they figure it wasn't gross because god hadn't yet told them it was supposed to be, or the biblical families are just ignoring the grossness because it they don't, humanity dies out. And yes, nothing adds up.

There are at least 10 separate verses in leviticus 18 that describe the various kinds of "wicked" incest that are unacceptable for the children of god. That's way more verses than the one that addresses homosexuality. Yet in cases like Adam/Eve, Noah's family, and Lot's family, god is perfectly fine with incest. IIRC, he makes the sons/grandsons of Lot the leaders of nations. It's crap like this that makes thinking people laugh their asses off when they hear claims that there are no contradictions in the bible :roll:

It is interesting that they basically play a science fiction card on this one. It's OK because there's no chance of birth defect- so producing children with birth defects would have been the only thing horrible enough to ruin for Gods perfect creations? These are the same people that wouldn't want a high risk couple to use birth control to prevent getting pregnant over and over with ill or deformed children.

It is interesting that they basically play a science fiction card on this one. It's OK because there's no chance of birth defect- so producing children with birth defects would have been the only thing horrible enough to ruin for Gods perfect creations? These are the same people that wouldn't want a high risk couple to use birth control to prevent getting pregnant over and over with ill or deformed children.

God works in mysterious ways. :roll:

Archived