IGNORED

"I can't believe you haven't seen...!"

freejoytoo

ElphabaGalinda, can I sit next to you? I'm not a movie person either, so my list includes most of the things already named and more besides:

The Star Wars prequels

Personally (and as a sci-fi fan), I would say don't waste your time on the pre-quels. I really like the original trilogy, but the prequels were crappish. Also, midichlorians! And Jar-Jar.

Related: If you like Highlander at all, avoid Highlander 2 at all costs. I was warned and didn't listen, and it's a crap movie that most people pretend doesn't exist. (It's been a while since I saw 3 & 4, but I think even they ignored the existence of 2, plotline-wise. I could be mis-remembering, though.)

I haven't seen:

Titanic

Casablanca - because the TiVo hard drive crashed before I got to watch it

The Godfathers

Matrix 2 and 3 - I fell asleep in the theater during 1, I figure that's a sign

The Little Mermaid

The 101 Dalmatians remake (I avoid Disney's remakes on principle - hell, they remade The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes with Kirk Cameron in Kurt Russell's role)

The Horse Whisperer

The Notebook

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

The last Star Trek: TNG movie, and I'm still not sure how I managed to miss that one

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't see The Princess Bride until college. Also, I'm usually years behind on TV shows. I just "discovered" 30 Rock and Lost despite my friends loving and talking about them for years.

I've never seen an episode of Seinfeld, Friends, or the like.

Not snobbery, just never got around to it, somehow.

I've also never seen an entire James Bond movie, Titanic, or any of the superhero movies like The Avengers. I just couldn't muster the interest for them.

Because I stopped watching TV at 13, I missed a lot of good stuff. I was late in discovering The Tudors.

It was interesting, but certain things drove me insane. I know its hard to fit several decades of history into four seasons but come on!

But I have seen most of the old Disney fairly tale movies, but have no memory of Pocahontas, the little Mermaid, or Mulan.

I saw bits of Titanic, its a historically accurate chick flick as stated above.

I haven't seen Dr. Who, Star Trek, the Star Wars movies, or more recently Game of Thrones.

Guest Anonymous

The first Saw was a psychological movie, and later ones got to be slash fests. You're either a fan of the first, the rest, or none. I don't know anyone who's a fan of the first as well as the rest.

I haven't seen Star Wars.

I've only seen the first Star Wars movie and that was enough to make me not want to see the rest.

Never seen Mary Poppins, nor any of the Star Trek movies.

The last Star Trek: TNG movie, and I'm still not sure how I managed to miss that one

Nemesis? You lucked out. That's $8 and two hours of my life I'll never get back.

I didn't see The Princess Bride until college. Also, I'm usually years behind on TV shows. I just "discovered" 30 Rock and Lost despite my friends loving and talking about them for years.

I tried watching the Princess Bride for the first time recently and I made it through 10 minutes until I got really really bored and turned it off, so I suppose that's also a bit of "i can't believe you don't like". The same thing happened when I tried to watch Lord of the Rings...I got bored after 10 minutes, so I've never seen that either. The Princess Bride came out before I was born, and I'm generally not into movies from that time period, so I guess it makes sense. I'm not sure why that one is considered a must-see to be honest.

I tried watching the Princess Bride for the first time recently and I made it through 10 minutes until I got really really bored and turned it off, so I suppose that's also a bit of "i can't believe you don't like". The same thing happened when I tried to watch Lord of the Rings...I got bored after 10 minutes, so I've never seen that either. The Princess Bride came out before I was born, and I'm generally not into movies from that time period, so I guess it makes sense. I'm not sure why that one is considered a must-see to be honest.

I haven't seen the Princess Bride since I was a little kid, probably about a year after it was released. I hardly remember it. In high school and college, I knew so many people who were just crazy about it, thought it was the best and funniest movie ever, but I never conjured up enough interest to see it again.

I haven't seen the Princess Bride since I was a little kid, probably about a year after it was released. I hardly remember it. In high school and college, I knew so many people who were just crazy about it, thought it was the best and funniest movie ever, but I never conjured up enough interest to see it again.

I know a lot of people who are crazy about it, but I just don't understand the appeal. Have you also tried the book? I tried to read it and got through 3 chapters and decided this is stupid and put it down.

Never tried the book. Maybe someday, I'll read it, then watch the movie again...but who am I kidding, I'll probably never get around to it! :lol:

Never tried the book. Maybe someday, I'll read it, then watch the movie again...but who am I kidding, I'll probably never get around to it! :lol:

You don't need to! I always hate when something is a "classic" so you have to see it. I hate a lot of the"classics" so forcing myself to watch something I don't enjoy is no fun.

Thought of another one...a lot of people are surprised I haven't seen every episode of The L Word ever. Because apparently as a lesbian I'm supposed to like that show :roll: Well I've seen one episode, though it was stupid and will never watch it again. I did actually meet one of the actresses in that show, but I didn't know who she was at the time.

I guess most individuals in my generation have seen The Wizard of Oz & E.T. Growing up in an extremely fundie household, I never saw them. Then, when I became an adult, they never did appeal to me. :|

ive never seen the godfathers or any of the big "italian mob" movies. they have zero appeal to me. ive never watched star wars either. people freak out when i tell them that, as i am a movie buff.

one flew over the cuckoos nest is one of jack nicholsons best films imho. its one of the few sarcastic snarky roles he plays where he is actually likable.

i refuse to watch anything with nicolas cage. he needs to take off the damn toupees and shave his head already. we all know its a wig.

if anybody hasnt seen slumdog millionaire i highly recommend it. usually i think the winner of the best film of the year is overrated, but i didnt think that one was at all.

I've got a long list since I rarely sit down to watch TV and go to maybe 1 movie a year. I'm completely out of the loop.

I've never seen:

American Idol, Survivor or just about 99.9% of other reality shows

Almost anything on network TV

Anything on pay cable (we've only got basic)

Gone With the Wind (only saw a small bit and hated it, especially Scarlett)

Any of the Rocky movies

Any chick flick

The Rocky Horror Picture Show

Any Star Wars movie after the one with the stupid Ewoks

Almost every summer blockbuster-y movie (which makes for a loooooog list of "haven't seens")

LOTR, hated the books so I can't imagine liking the movies

Any Godfather movie after 1 (which is brilliant IMO) except for the flashback segments of 2

• 2 weeks later...

Can I make a suggestion to all of you who haven't seen X, Y, and Z movies? Earlier this year a good friend of mine started a double feature movie night once a week. He puts a lot of thought into what two films to watch, and we have a discussion in between and after each film. Okay, I know this only works because he's a film nerd who's getting ready to enter film school, and our little group is post-college and childless. What I'm trying to say, make a plan and watch some of the movies you've missed out on, or never given a chance. We watched "Dog Day Afternoon" this summer and it was one I've never seen. For a more than 30 year old movie it really seemed applicable to the contemporary fascination of fame and celebrity.

Side note: There are certain classics I just can't stand. "Grease", "Dirty Dancing", and "Footloose".

I've never seen "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" or " The Hills Have Eyes', and I'm a-okay with that fact.

Archived