IGNORED

"I can't believe you haven't seen...!"

freejoytoo

The Godfather movies are not all the hype makes them out to be... I don't get how people can speak so highly of them (or at least the first two), they are just boring.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was really surprised to learn that many of my American friends (outside of my department) have never seen Born on the 4th of July. I thought it was a classic!

I have never seen the Godfather series no intention to.Most batman movies, most James Bond (although I fell asleep during at least 4 of those. I just can't seem to be able to see one through!).

Casablanca is what inspired my love of older movies. It's got a little something for everyone, IMO.

Never seen the Godfather movies in their entirety. I've seen bits and pieces, but it never grabs my attention. I've also never seen more than the first 20-30 minutes of Citizen Kane. I keep trying, but just never make it.

I've never seen the Godfather, or Scarface. I'm not drawn to that type of movie, if you know what I mean.

I don't hear this much because I've seen a LOT of movies. We didn't have TV growing up but boy, we made up for it with movies. (The exception being horror. Horror is to movies what heavy metal is to music, largely unworthy of being considered art. That said, I've seen Scream 1&2.)

Haven't seen any of the X-men franchise. I'm meh on the superhero stuff. Won't watch Smallville for that reason either.

Films and TV, really.

We do not have a TV licence and I don't have a functioning attention span. If shit isn't blowing up every 30 seconds, good luck getting me to watch.

I got bored watching Titanic. I am the only person I know who got bored watching Titanic. Reason? Not enough shit was blowing up.

I make some exceptions for comedy, but subtle comedy isn't on the agenda either. I like The Thick Of It because Malcolm Tucker's swearing makes me laugh. I didn't like The Office (UK version) because it just made me feel sad and vaguely embarrassed. I liked The Thin Blue Line because it appealed to my inner child :oops: "You are Babylon, but I will speak with you". I liked Yes Minister because it is, objectively, correct (As is The Thick Of It, though I cannot say how I know :whistle: .) Yes Prime Minister sucked though, I don't think I made 10 min in.

I hated and refused to watch Friends, Cheers, Frasier and Everybody Loves Raymond.

I love Friends and Frasier. Everybody Loves Raymond, on the other hand, is a travesty in television. I have no idea why it was so popular. The whole thing was horrific.

Guest Anonymous
I got bored watching Titanic. I am the only person I know who got bored watching Titanic. Reason? Not enough shit was blowing up.

I saw Titanic really quickly after it came out because my best friend fancied Leonardo DiCaprio. It is a really boring movie. The problem with Titanic, in all its forms, is that you always know how it is going to end (spoiler: boat hits iceberg!). I would really love it if somebody, someday, made a lavish, high-budget, Titanic movie or miniseries and the boat just didn't sink. They would have all of the same knowing, meaningful, lines about the ship being "unsinkable", and the characters would all make ridiculous predictions about their long lives and how nothing could possibly go wrong and then... the ship would reach New York after a completely uneventful journey.

That would genuinely please me.

Edits for spelling

I love Friends and Frasier. Everybody Loves Raymond, on the other hand, is a travesty in television. I have no idea why it was so popular. The whole thing was horrific.

It was. Raymond's "wife" was better at comedic acting than him by a country mile. Even then, no prizes won.

All the characters made me want to stab myself. I don't know who was the worst but the grandmother is pretty high on the list. They were all terrible though.

All the characters made me want to stab myself. I don't know who was the worst but the grandmother is pretty high on the list. They were all terrible though.

The grandmother reminded me of my grandmother. That's pretty much why I watched it.

I've seen the 4 minutes of Titanic that the band Gaelic Storm was in, although I don't think they were in-focus if they were on screen. Other than that, I can live without seeing the rest. Haven't seen the Godfathers, but Casablanca, Murderer on the Orient Express, and Breakfast at Tiffanys are waiting on the Tivo for after school starts.

Never got the fascination with Seinfeld, or Sex & the City. Or Grey's Anatomy.

It's the Star Trek and Dr. Who tv shows I have trouble with. There's just so much I feel locked out of the continuitiy, and when it comes to TV I have about the attention span of a ferret on crack anyway.

Coming in a bit late here but I haven't seen any Star Wars or Star Trek films or tv shows. Yet I could probably name a dozen or so characters so it shows how much they are a part of popular culture, maybe I should give them a go one day... When I've told mates I haven't seen them they say What! Shocking! Amazing! WTF! Seriously, calm the fuck down.

The grandmother reminded me of my grandmother. That's pretty much why I watched it.

No offence to your grandma, I'm sure she's lovely, but the character really drove me up the wall. They all did though...Raymond himself was pretty awful.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. It's been on my Netflix cube for like a year. And I just can't seem to bring myself to watch it. I know I'd probably love it but I just don't ever have the energy for Jack Nicholson.

No offence to your grandma, I'm sure she's lovely, but the character really drove me up the wall. They all did though...Raymond himself was pretty awful.

No, she's not lovely. She drives everyone up the wall, which is why she reminds me of that character.

I can't believe I loved Titanic when it came out--couldn't sit through it now. Godfather I and II will hold up forever, though. I see something new every time.

My friends couldn't believe I'd never seen Casablanca and when we finally watched it I realized I knew pretty much every line from the film, just had never seen it before. I was also late to Taxi Driver. Saw The Graduate when it came out and then later and amazing how my perspective changed--from cheering on the Dustin Hoffman character (I was a teenager) to "what an asshole." Was decades late to Taxi Driver and I've never seen a Bruce Willis or Arnold Scwartzenegger action film.

I so agree about Everybody Loves Raymond. Just awful, although Doris Roberts and Peter Boyle are/were wonderful actors and I guess just appreciated the steady work. I did like it though after Robert got married and Fred Willard and Chris Elliot came into the picture. I thought they were really funny.

No, she's not lovely. She drives everyone up the wall, which is why she reminds me of that character.

:lol: Okay! I was a bit worried I'd offended you!

I am not fond of as my mother used to call them, "Bang, Bang, Shoot 'Em Up' types of movies. One of the best things about my divorce is that I no longer need to see them.

I liked movies like The Shawshank Redemption and other movies like that. I do want to see The Black Swan.

• 2 weeks later...

Not a film but I don't think I've ever seen a full episode of ER or Grey's Anatomy and I'm okay with that.

• 1 month later...

Archived