IGNORED

"I can't believe you haven't seen...!"

freejoytoo

Are there any major films you have never seen, or books you haven't read? I have a list of films everyone 'must' see and people can't believe I've never seen them. It's not because I've avoided them, I just haven't had the chance (though people nagging me puts me off).

Films I 'need' to see:

Shawshank Redemption

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Several Disney films

Fatal Attraction

Friday the Thirteenth

Saw (deliberately avoiding this)

The Pianist (I do want to see this, just alone with a box of tissues)

The Green Mile

I saw Jurassic Park for the first time last year and whilst I enjoyed it a lot I can see why my parents discouraged me from watching it when I was younger. I'd have had nightmares for weeks!

I saw Apocalypse Now a couple of years ago and did not see the fuss. Same with Forrest Gump.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never seen:

The Notebook (no desire to do so, A Walk To Remember was bad enough)

a full showing of any of The Lord of the Rings movies (they're on TV enough that I've seen pieces of them, but I've never sat through a full movie of any of them)

American History X

Taxi Driver

The Green Mile

any of the Matrix movies

I absolutely love Shawshank. It's so well done, it's just amazing. It's a bromance movie for sure.

There is not enough money in the universe to make me see saw.

see saw!

Haha same. Hearing about it is quite enough. I made the mistake of being pressured into watching Human Centipede and am still blocking it out.

Haha same. Hearing about it is quite enough. I made the mistake of being pressured into watching Human Centipede and am still blocking it out.

I made the mistake of looking up centipede on IMDB, after a discussion about it here. There is no way in hell I would watch that.

The sequel sounds even worse, which I didn't know could be possible. I'm definitely not watching that. What bothers me more is that people come up with this stuff.

I've never seen Titanic, and I'm okay with that.

I've seen it - you're not missing much. :) Movie was supposed to be such a huge chick flick. Oddly enough, my brother (manly man, not interested in history) absolutely loved the movie. I usually love chick flicks and was underawed by the movie.

The one that always freaks people out for me is when i say I haven't seen the Little Mermaid. We went to see it when I was a kid, the film strip broke after 5 minutes, we got a coupon for free popcorn, my parents were pissed, and we never went back to see it. Then I grew up and just never saw it.

I haven't see any of the Star Trek films either.

I haven't see any of the Star Trek films either.

As a HUGE sci-fi nerd, I'm kinda horrified by this.

Neither have I.

I saw The Little Mermaid for the first time this year, though I felt like I'd seen it as we have a video of the TV series.

As a HUGE sci-fi nerd, I'm kinda horrified by this.

I also haven't seen any Star Trek films. Or Star Wars for that matter. I've tried bits and pieces of both (and I know I get them confused), and I remember them both boring me. I have no desire to try again.

I have also tried many times to watch the Lord of the Rings but got too bored.

I will never ever ever watch Saw. Even the concept gives me nightmares. I've also never seen Pretty Woman. There's actually lots of movies classic or otherwise, that i've never seen because I just don't really like movies. I don't have the attention span to focus on one single thing for that long unless it's a book.

I watched the first Star Wars and remember being bored out of my skull. I haven't seen any of the others. As a rule I don't like stuff set in space.

ElphabaGalinda, can I sit next to you? I'm not a movie person either, so my list includes most of the things already named and more besides:

E.T.

The Star Wars prequels

Jurassic anything

The Graduate

The Exorcist

Grease

Anything Batman

Anything Godfather

I did see the first hour of Titanic but left the room because the writing was so laughable.

At one point I had a list of major actors whose movies I've never seen; I can't remember all of them off the top of my head, but so far I've managed to avoid Tom Cruise, Will Smith, and Jim Carrey altogether. I think Johnny Depp too. Not out of snobbery or personal dislike (well, except Cruise, perhaps), but because they're never in movies I'm interested in.

Neither have I.

I saw The Little Mermaid for the first time this year, though I felt like I'd seen it as we have a video of the TV series.

I've seen relatively few movies in my lifetime, but I'm notorious for not having seen the Disney Princess movies. No Little Mermaid, no Beauty and the Beast, no Cinderella, no Snow White. And none of that Barbie Princess shite. I'm surely missing some titles, but I don't know them!

I've never seen The Shining. Or One Flew Over the Cuckoo's nest. I'd like to see those.

I saw The Shining for the first time last week and honestly didn't think it was all it was cracked up to be.

I saw Cinderella for the first time last week and sorry but can you say boring?! I did enjoy The Little Mermaid though. I was positive that I had never seen Snow White but my sister said we had it on tape so maybe I've just forgotten it.

I always wanted to see Mulan but never had a chance. She looked like a cool Disney princess.

I just announced on facebook that I've never seen Ghostbusters. Apparently this is amazing.

I've seen it - you're not missing much. :) Movie was supposed to be such a huge chick flick. Oddly enough, my brother (manly man, not interested in history) absolutely loved the movie. I usually love chick flicks and was underawed by the movie.

The plot is utterly stupid, but it's an obsessively correct historical movie, so that aspect of it is cool.

I also haven't seen any Star Trek films. Or Star Wars for that matter. I've tried bits and pieces of both (and I know I get them confused), and I remember them both boring me. I have no desire to try again. .

It's the Star Trek and Dr. Who tv shows I have trouble with. There's just so much I feel locked out of the continuitiy, and when it comes to TV I have about the attention span of a ferret on crack anyway.

Titanic (got better things to do with 3 hours)

Casablanca (keep meaning to)

The Notebook (don't want to)

which ever Batman movie it was with Heath Ledger

We're not big movie people, we only go to the movies if we can almost guarrentee the movie is going to be good as it's quite pricey. We watch dvds sometimes, when they're down to $4 at the shop.

The Godfather

The Godfather II

Any famous western (except Silverado)

I will never bother with The Godfather III or the Star Wars prequels.

Cool Hand Luke. And to be honest, I am not going to see it. I have a huge aversion to hard boiled eggs, and once I found out about a certain scene I decided I wasn't going to bother.

I just announced on facebook that I've never seen Ghostbusters. Apparently this is amazing.

Neither have I! And I've never seen Brief Encounter or any of the Godfather films.

Titanic is a snooze.

Never seen any westerns and don't plan to.

No Godfather movies here either. Even the thought of watching them bores me.

I've seen all the Star Wars movies and, even as a sci fi nerd, they bored me too. The old ones have crappy special effects (yes, I know they were good for when they came out) and the new ones just aren't that impressive. I think it's just the movies though, as I've read and liked several Star Wars books (both novelizations of the movies and expanded universe) and love Star Wars fanfic.

Archived