IGNORED

Young woman at Maxwell's "church"

ladyamylynn

On the post dated July 19th, there is a photo from the Maxwell's nursing home "church" of a pleasant-looking young woman with brown curly hair, posing with one of "the elderly." I'm a little surprised that Steve-o would allow this! Does anyone recognize her? Could she be a potential match for John?

Don't know who she is, but they do have an open invitation on their site to come to a service if you happen to be in the area.

She could be a visitor.

Maybe Sarah will do that promised post on how their "church" services are run and we'll find out.

Perhaps she's a relative of the elderly lady? Or a caregiver?

I am surprised Steve would allow the Elderlies to have contacts with their families. After all they could fall prey to some sweet-talking unfrumpered granddaughter and what then? :o

The Maxwell church probably includes any current visitors to the nursing home. From what I can tell, most weeks the church composes mainly of residents there. Nursing homes can be lonely and boring places. Having a family with children come by is probably a welcomed diversion despite their frumpewear and fundie sermons.

The Maxwell church probably includes any current visitors to the nursing home. From what I can tell, most weeks the church composes mainly of residents there. Nursing homes can be lonely and boring places. Having a family with children come by is probably a welcomed diversion despite their frumpewear and fundie sermons.

and talk about death? not sure there's consensus among the elderly old!

Former nursing home resident here. The chapel/church services in my facility were very well attended by the elderly (and quite a few of the not so elderly). We had Lutheran services on Sunday mornings, Catholic in the afternoon and rosary and morning devotionals during the week. There were also Jewish services around those holidays.

And yes, if you don't have any family and friends visiting you and you don't mind listening to sermons, the religious services would be a nice diversion from the daily boredom.

The curly haired young woman was mentioned in another thread. I think Steve at least lets relatives/friends of the residents attend the service. Another theory on who the curly hair young woman could be, is that she is an employee of the nursing home. When I was in college one of my friends was rec director's assistant at a nursing home. Part of her job was to monitor some of the activities that went on the nursing home. The young women in the photograph could be an employee who has gotten to know the Maxwells.

I posted a comment (when last looked it was still under moderation) and I asked why they call the residents "the elderly". Why not call them the ladies and gentlemen who live at the nursing home. I told Steve that I would imagine they have lots to tell about their lives with Christ and how they've come to their faith.

Why do you call the residents of the nursing home “the elderly� It’s such an impersonal way to describe people who have lived their lives and have so many stories to tell. Why not call them the ladies and gentlemen who reside at the home. Why not interview them about their life in Christ and how he has helped them through the years?

Joshua is a cutie. Glad that he has his nights right. I was spoiled by my first, my 2nd thought she was meant to be a party person and wanted to stay up late while I wanted to sleep. She loved our waterbed and she slept well on that. Once I’d put her back in her bed the jig was up.

>>>>>>>>>>>

I wonder if calling them “elderly†is no different then you referring to them as “residents.†To me elderly is both personal and endearing.

Steve you are a horses ass. They reside there.

The curly haired young woman was mentioned in another thread. I think Steve at least lets relatives/friends of the residents attend the service. Another theory on who the curly hair young woman could be, is that she is an employee of the nursing home. When I was in college one of my friends was rec director's assistant at a nursing home. Part of her job was to monitor some of the activities that went on the nursing home. The young women in the photograph could be an employee who has gotten to know the Maxwells.

I'm relatively certain that one doesn't "get to know" the Maxwells, because then they might like somebody else more than their relatives.

Edited for riffles.

I posted a comment (when last looked it was still under moderation) and I asked why they call the residents "the elderly". Why not call them the ladies and gentlemen who live at the nursing home. I told Steve that I would imagine they have lots to tell about their lives with Christ and how they've come to their faith. I doubt he'll post it or he'll edit it.

There's a comment to that effect on their blog now, along with a pissy Steve reply.

On another note, I'm loving the July 23rd post confirming that they are indeed going on what some might call a vacation, described as " a week to be away together mid-August." Because they spend so much time apart normally. :roll:

Steve thinks "the elderly" is personal and endearing? What is that man smoking?

Actually, Steve, at 60 or 61 is well past middle age. So Steve, shall we refer to you as "the elderly"?

I posted a comment (when last looked it was still under moderation) and I asked why they call the residents "the elderly". Why not call them the ladies and gentlemen who live at the nursing home. I told Steve that I would imagine they have lots to tell about their lives with Christ and how they've come to their faith.

Steve you are a horses ass. They reside there.

Steve is so freaking arrogant it is mind boggling. He has his head so far up his ass he can kiss his epiglottis. Referring to the ladies and gentlemen of the nursing home as "the elderly" is so belittling, it makes them sound like pets.

Steve is so freaking arrogant it is mind boggling. He has his head so far up his ass he can kiss his epiglottis. Referring to the ladies and gentlemen of the nursing home as "the elderly" is so belittling, it makes them sound like pets.

:clap: :clap: I was about to eat a potato chip before I read this. Glad I didn't or I would have choked.

Archived