IGNORED

Wedding of Joe and Elizabeth

Justme

New blog painting cabinets and celebrating Teri's birthday a month early.....Towards the end, she writed Teri received a new purse and shoes to go with her newly purchased Mother of the Groom dress. Hhhhuuummmm.... Could they possibly have celebrated because the wedding will be around Teri's actual birthday?

I was shocked to read Stevie actually took Teri to a back doctor. I thought Stevie always felt her back problems were in her "head". What a champ, he also treated her to lunch. Heaven forbid she actually has her own money to treat herself to lunch. :roll:

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their Bed Bath & Beyond Registry says September 29th. I wonder though because the Maxwell's schedule says they're free on the weekend of Sept 28/29. Hmm...

Holy cow, are they registered for a $260 coffeepot? That doesn't seem very modest or frugal at all. Though I am happy to see the anti-fatigue kitchen mat for the poor kitchen slave to-be. Really hope someone buys her that!

Joe (or anyone) would probably be eager to be allowed to have sex, so an August wedding might be possible. Also no need for a long engagement since they don't really need to know each other.

I can't find their registry...link? But wow such an expensive coffee pot might become an idol. I wonder if Steve looks at the registry and makes sure all the items are sufficiently necessary and God honouring. Wouldn't want to be getting something that someone might consider fun. But them needing to ask for only the bare necessities and getting Steve approval seems like something that could happen.

Joe (or anyone) would probably be eager to be allowed to have sex, so an August wedding might be possible. Also no need for a long engagement since they don't really need to know each other.

I can't find their registry...link? But wow such an expensive coffee pot might become an idol. I wonder if Steve looks at the registry and makes sure all the items are sufficiently necessary and God honouring. Wouldn't want to be getting something that someone might consider fun. But them needing to ask for only the bare necessities and getting Steve approval seems like something that could happen.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/regGift ... 421383129&

A king-sized bed? For some reason that surprises me.

ETA: These lamps were picked out, no doubt, because they look like Jesus fish – http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/regProd ... =17229265&

Commas are nice.

Thanks for finding their wedding registry.

The sugar bowl and salt and pepper shakers aren't cheap either.

I wonder why they are asking for only two place settings of fine china? I'm assuming with all of those expensive items they are planning on entertaining? Does a newlywed couple really need to drink coffee out of that expensive of a coffee pot, and spoon sugar from a $130 sugar bowl?

I imagine these are not for everyday use, but they'll need more than two place settings.

maybe Elizabeth has already been saving up another 8-10 place settings in her idolatrous hope chest, and she only needs a couple more for a complete set?

I don't have any china or silver (married almost 12 years). Don't get me wrong, we could totally afford to buy a bunch at this point in our marriage if we wanted to, it's just not something I've ever been interested in. I don't care if other people want the stuff, although I'm sort of torn between thinking it's "delightfully old-fashioned" and "a huge waste of money." If I ever inherit some I'd totally use it, however. :)

I believe Madame The Bacon Bra won the pool on Joe's wedding based on their schedule. They still needed him for their fall proselytizing/bookselling, so I'm going to say an August wedding is out. Madame has not led us astray yet. :P

I thought that picture was a teaser that they're going on what some might call a vacation to the cabin in Colorado again?

Looking at that registry, their house is going to be very bland. No color. While nothing chosen as far as linens go is ugly, it's all beige and grey and white. I know one of the rooms, the kitchen I think, was painted red. But, still.

I don't think there is an August wedding. As others said, just above me for example, Joseph is needed for the fall dog & pony show. They need his upcoming nuptials to help draw in the sheeples. All that awesome Maxwell courtship stuff live, in action, for all to see.

I believe Madame The Bacon Bra won the pool on Joe's wedding based on their schedule. They still needed him for their fall proselytizing/bookselling, so I'm going to say an August wedding is out. Madame has not led us astray yet. :P

I am humbled. :)

That's a very classical (and boring) registry, the kind people from rich family choose, with the fine china, the silver... Except that it seems they only choose to have samples of each item and they didn't add the matching serving dishes, bowls and such.

I don't think a lot of young people still ask for this kind of registry. Here, it's more about a nice travel for the honeymoon or just money, of course most of the time the young couples I know have already lived together several years and own everything they need for their home ;)

Can I put in a plug for the Cephalon Pot Holders? Best pot holder I've ever had, lasts for years, doubles as a hot plate, not ridiculously large (and cumbersome), and totally worth the $10 each price tag.

A food scale....maybe Elizabeth is on some sort of diet?

Holy cow, are they registered for a $260 coffeepot? That doesn't seem very modest or frugal at all. Though I am happy to see the anti-fatigue kitchen mat for the poor kitchen slave to-be. Really hope someone buys her that!

Thankfully it's too ugly to become an idol!

Everything is so expensive on their list... and ugly. A little color won't kill you! With the color theme in the house it's gonna look so blah.

For casual dining they're only asking for one dinner plate, one salad plate, one bowl, and one mug. These aren't in sets of four, they're just one of each. Could they have been thinking that they were registering for sets? Or am I just not reading it right (a distinct possibility)?

Why do they want 12 pepper mills???? It says the registry is from KS. She lives in TN. I wonder if HE did the registry.

For casual dining they're only asking for one dinner plate, one salad plate, one bowl, and one mug. These aren't in sets of four, they're just one of each. Could they have been thinking that they were registering for sets? Or am I just not reading it right (a distinct possibility)?

So immediately after dinner all the dishes must get washed since there are no spares for the next day? Did they install a dishwasher? How the hell is that gonna work with only two place settings? Admittedly I have a china fetish and two service for 12 are a bit much for a single person.But sometimes I do like to use certain plates with specific foods. I do enjoy eating with my eyes and plating a well made dinner on something that is compatible with the food.

As to the pepper mills, spices are an idol Joe, watch your step, you are on the road to perdition.

Can I put in a plug for the Cephalon Pot Holders? Best pot holder I've ever had, lasts for years, doubles as a hot plate, not ridiculously large (and cumbersome), and totally worth the $10 each price tag.

I know it's no use in an American kitchen because you measure with cups and spoons, but in countries were we weight items instead a food scale is a staple in everyone's kitchen. When I started baking with American recipes I had to buy a set of cups/spoons because it was easier than translating everything in grams or litres, maybe Elizabeth is fond of foreign cooking ?

As far as the china goes, they probably don't expect to get more than a couple place settings---so why ask for more? In my family at least, china is something you figure on getting a small amount of at your wedding, and assume you'll be buying yourself piece by piece over your marriage. A dinner plate for one anniversary, a tea-cup for Christmas, etc etc. Of course, this assumes you're really into china and are going to be thrilled with the same type of gift for the next fifty years.

Or, it is possible they couldn't figure out how to work the machine and ask for more than two! :D

I am totally jealous of that kitchen comfort mat though...I've stood one those before, and they feel awesome .

EDIT: On the food scale: I ended up buying one just to use with cookbooks from my husband's part of the world. Some places are really into scales vs standard measurements.

I know it's no use in an American kitchen because you measure with cups and spoons, but in countries were we weight items instead a food scale is a staple in everyone's kitchen. When I started baking with American recipes I had to buy a set of cups/spoons because it was easier than translating everything in grams or litres, maybe Elizabeth is fond of foreign cooking ?

I use a kitchen scale daily. It takes the guess work out of measuring for me when I'm bound to a recipe or bagging stuff for the freezer.

Those are good pot holders, yeah.

For some reason it seems food scales aren't such a thing in the US but lots of places, recipes are big on measuring food by weight. I've always had a kitchen scale for that reason, you need 200g of this or that (though you can get plain old spring scales for cheap). (Aha I see experiencedd answered that already!)

That sure is a lot of beige, too. I can understand getting your basic large items in beige (say, a tablecloth, or sofas) but then the fun part is getting colored little items that you can switch out to change the color of the room by the seasons - throw rugs, pillows, dishes... but it seems like EVERYTHING they have is some sort of brown.

Archived