IGNORED

New photos of Sauntina Staddon

0 kids n not countin

Ick. Okay, I stand corrected, that is weird and potentially dangerous. With these huge extended families, I find it hard to believe they didn't receive a Pack 'n Play somewhere along the line.

Babies should be put to sleep on a firm surface with no pillow or fluffy blankets. They should be positioned on their backs. That much I know from 9 years ago when my son was born, so seeing this suitcase arrangement really bothers me. There's a lot wrong with it imo, including all of the cords and outlet around the baby, (not that the baby can reach them but the potential for knocking something over exists,) and the fact that it is on the floor in case there are any other small children or pets in the household.

Apparently they are not staying in a hotel where a crib could easily be requested. For a baby that is so very precious and an answer to prayer and the fulfillment of the mother's purpose in life not figuring out better sleeping conditions for the babe is ludicrous.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the thing on grandma's head may be a wound covering of some sort.

Babies should be put to sleep on a firm surface with no pillow or fluffy blankets. They should be positioned on their backs. That much I know from 9 years ago when my son was born, so seeing this suitcase arrangement really bothers me. There's a lot wrong with it imo, including all of the cords and outlet around the baby, (not that the baby can reach them but the potential for knocking something over exists,) and the fact that it is on the floor in case there are any other small children or pets in the household.

Apparently they are not staying in a hotel where a crib could easily be requested. For a baby that is so very precious and an answer to prayer and the fulfillment of the mother's purpose in life not figuring out better sleeping conditions for the babe is ludicrous.

Apart from the fact the suitcase lid could easily be knocked shut, they have also managed to wedge a pillow above the poor baby, which could easily smother her. And I can't believe there wasn't a more suitable place to put a baby to sleep than between a load of power sockets. If a proper crib wasn't available I think I would be more inclined to have the baby sleep in the big bed with mum than in that deathtrap.

The Sauntina i kinda like now-faintly exotic and lyrical,which is what they intended.The Laverle is just ugly and unfitting though.

Sauntina sounds like a lady of the night from a downmarket bodice-ripper set in New Orleans.

Kendalyn and Robert were under the (mistaken) impression that Laverle meant "truth" in French. If only Kendalyn had gone to (heathen) public schools in her Albertan hometown... where she would have been required to take French.

Sauntina sounds like a lady of the night from a downmarket bodice-ripper set in New Orleans.

Kendalyn and Robert were under the (mistaken) impression that Laverle meant "truth" in French. If only Kendalyn had gone to (heathen) public schools in her Albertan hometown... where she would have been required to take French.

:shock: Pardon?

When I read the name for the first time I thought that it really was French, as in "Laverie" (launderette in English I guess?) and found it a weird choice of name...

I adore Pandora :mrgreen:

Funny, when I heard this name, I thought Sauntina sounded like the feminine version of Santino... favorite Drag Race judge ever...

Wow! I did not know that Kendalyn was from good old Alberta. Mind you her maiden name is a huge giveaway. Her parents didn't set the naming bar very high though. Jevann? Kerzdenn? What the eff are those names?

The suitcase is a bad idea.

The name of that poor kid offends my senses. Whenever it's written, my first thought is WTF? My second is, that poor fucking kid.

Pretty sure Kendalynn is up periodically thrue the night with her.

Yes but she could suffocate before Kendalyn wakes up.

• 4 months later...
2012_07_05_KLS_0010.jpg

This was Sauntina's sleeping space during our visit. It was just perfect.

OK I only just found this website/blog and the baby in the suitcase photo... So I have to resurrect the topic to scream obscenities at how these types of people go on and on about Fetus'es right to live etc. But when they are born they can barely do things to ensure their basic safety? WTF?

:evil: :x :angry-cussingblack: :angry-steamingears:

Funny, when I heard this name, I thought Sauntina sounded like the feminine version of Santino... favorite Drag Race judge ever...

When I heard the name, I thought of The Godfather movie - Santino is the full name of Sonny, played by James Caan (the older brother to Al Pacino's character). So now I associate the baby with a gangster movie.

OK I only just found this website/blog and the baby in the suitcase photo... So I have to resurrect the topic to scream obscenities at how these types of people go on and on about Fetus'es right to live etc. But when they are born they can barely do things to ensure their basic safety? WTF?

:evil: :x :angry-cussingblack: :angry-steamingears:

Oh my god. What morons.

I've sen a swell dog bed made out half of an old American Tourister or Samsonite suitcase. The top half was gone though. I'd post a pic, but it's on my Houszz app.

If Sauntina is not yet weaned and is still nursing, the safest place for her to sleep may be her parent's bed. She should sleep on the outside between her mom and the edge of the bed with perhaps her mom's arm encircling her. She should not sleep between her parents. There should not be fluffy bedding, The parents should not smoke not should they be impaired chemically. Neither should they be obese. Lastly, pets,should not share the parent's bed if the baby does.. For some reason, dogs sleeping on the bed is a big risk factor for SIDS.

The Sauntina i kinda like now-faintly exotic and lyrical,which is what they intended.The Laverle is just ugly and unfitting though.

In Utah, LaVerle is a man's name.

She shares 'LaVerle' with her mother (and great grandmother?) so I'm a little more sympathetic. It's ugly, but at least it has history and I can understand wanting to honour someone special by passing on a name.

'Sauntina', on the other hand, ugh. There was a post that discussed her name and R&K are under the mistaken belief that it means 'little song'. I have a suspicion that the word their looking for is 'sonatina', and that between regional accents and SOTDRT they came up with 'Sauntina'.

Poor child. And the worst thing is that it's likely to be all downhill from here for her.

Break the liiiinnnk! :)

edit - What is that purple thing on the grandma's head?

I took a screen shot and enlarged it. I cannot figure out what it is. It looks like a transdermal medication patch but it's thicker than any I've seen, and why it would be on her forehead I have no clue.

It looks like tegaderm with a impregnated wound foam to me. I'm guessing she had a skin cancer removed and it got infected.

I'm amazed that the suitcase it next to a big old dresser. The bottom drawer of that would have been much safer than the suitcase.

I have a picture of me as a baby asleep in a drawer that had been pulled out . It'd have to be safer than the suitcase of doom

All right, so one night we were staying in lodging with my then-four-month-old daughter and they didn't get us the crib we asked for, and we failed to bring our pack-n-play because it was a short stay and we didn't expect to use it. So we pulled out a drawer, put a blanket in it to pad it and she was good to go.

The suitcase seems like a death trap.

Archived