IGNORED

United Bates of America {merged}

Lillian

Boring, boring, boring. Either the courtship failed or they are saving it for a big "surprise" that's about as surprising as another pregnancy given this show is an exact copy of "19 Kids...." And, yes, let old Nathan Bedford Forrest be seen and they could go under.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must say I love their accent (as a non native speaker) and Kelly seems to have so much more emotions than J'chelle. I also like that she says she's GRATEFUL (You hear that michelle????) for her kids' help. Something the Duggars just don't say. They treat it as well everyone has chores and that's it.

Now they're still fundies, and it's worrying for Kelly's health, but I bet that going to a real church, and being less money oriented (yeah JB liked his business angles since he could make a lot of money dealing houses) make them just more human and more likeable. I bet if they weren't fundies they'd be nice neighbors.

Their son's names sounds sooooo like cowboy's names to my French ears :lol:

Jackson Ezekiel, Warden Justice, Judson Wyatt, Jeb Colton: all those names seems to belong to a John Wayne old movie ;)

And William Lawson this is a whisky brand name (I thought fundies were against alcohol ?), WTF ?

They have eight episodes

I know. They don't have to show the full run if they're canceled.

Kid's 6 months old now? Kelly's either preggers again or will be any minute now.

Also, the baby's a trooper despite medical complications? Does he have ongoing medical issues or are they just talking about the first week of life?

The 20 month old -- wow, that's rough! Hope you enjoyed the "spotlight," kid, you're a has-been now.

Zach - I thought the courtship was over several months ago when someone said some stuff had disappeared from the blog. This seems to confirm it. Zach - try dating. Get to know someone FIRST, THEN pop the question! I hear there are some Duggar girls available...

Overall - B*O*R*I*N*G.

TLC - give us a show on people escaping Gothardism.

Hey, that link had a pic of everyone's favorite patriot, the founder of the KKK! :doh:

28m1km1.jpg

They live in the south and are best friends with the duggars, who actually suggested naming their next child Jefferson Davis .. sadly, this doesn't surprise me at all ... (Although I will note, after so many children, I'm slightly surprised they don't have a Jeff yet. Or a Julie [i know JB has wanted one]. Those are much nicer names than Jinger with a J or having a Johanna and a Joy-anna. And nicer than the twins Jeremiah and Jed)

And I've watched the previews for this show and didn't catch this. Where was it??

Kelly will be 46 in a very few months. Those babies aren't going to keep popping out at the same rate. She's been having issues for a few years now so the shop may be closed.

It made me really sad to see that one of the girls is apparently devoting her teenage years to ironing, but at the same time I'm glad they seem to think that reading mystery books is an ok activity for a 12 year old.

I wonder if the Duggars have any financial stake in the Bates show, seeing as how they introduced the Bates to T, built their house and all. Maybe there was a "we'll do this for x percent if it leads to anything" deal? I don't believe the Duggars do anything without an agenda.

I liked the Bates better before I read the Santorum proganda supposedly written by Zach. I think america is getting bored with all of these people (I have a really sick fascination and even I'm getting bored) and it will all go away soon. Somehow though I have a feeling that the Duggars will still be on top financially.

Kelly will be 46 in a very few months. Those babies aren't going to keep popping out at the same rate. She's been having issues for a few years now so the shop may be closed.

I thought she wasn't having a problem getting pregnant, just having a problem staying pregnant ...

Which brings me to a very interesting question. God opens and closes the womb. So wouldn't a miscarriage mean that God is closing the womb? Isn't taking injections to keep the uterus from pushing babies out too early interfering with God's plan? Wouldn't that also be a sign that God says "times up. You're done" ?? I get how they rationalize it: "Once there's a life in there then it deserves all the medical help any other child would get" but it still seems like a they're talking out of two sides of their mouths.

God opens and closes the womb. So wouldn't a miscarriage mean that God is closing the womb?

In their view, no. When Michelle had the miscarriage, a bunch of leghumpers said that G-d clearly wants Michelle to have another baby at some point in the future, otherwise G-d wouldn't have allowed her to get pregnant at all.

In their view, no. When Michelle had the miscarriage, a bunch of leghumpers said that G-d clearly wants Michelle to have another baby at some point in the future, otherwise G-d wouldn't have allowed her to get pregnant at all.

But wouldn't miscarriage after miscarriage after miscarriage mean something?? These people make no sense to me at all.

Jackson Ezekiel, Warden Justice, Judson Wyatt, Jeb Colton: all those names seems to belong to a John Wayne old movie ;)

And William Lawson this is a whisky brand name (I thought fundies were against alcohol ?), WTF ?

At least all the kids' names don't start with the same letter.

They sounds like cowboy names to my American ears too :?

If Warden Justice becomes anything besides a small-town sheriff in the American west, I will be sorely disappointed ;)

At least all the kids' names don't start with the same letter.

QFT

They live in the south and are best friends with the duggars, who actually suggested naming their next child Jefferson Davis .. sadly, this doesn't surprise me at all ... (Although I will note, after so many children, I'm slightly surprised they don't have a Jeff yet. Or a Julie [i know JB has wanted one]. Those are much nicer names than Jinger with a J or having a Johanna and a Joy-anna. And nicer than the twins Jeremiah and Jed)

I suspect Julie and Jeff are names from Michelle and Jim Bob's sordid, pre-Gothard past. Michelle might have (((GASP))) dated a guy named Jeff back in her cheerleader days. And maybe Jim Bob had a crush on a cute Julie in Christian school. It's possible-- every decent-sized American white kid school in the early 1980s had its share of Jeffs and Julies.

I hate the way people fawn over the Bateses because they're slightly less objectionable than the horrible Duggars (presumably). Really, we give back-pats now for not being the absolute worst? I see no redeeming qualities about them, but I don't have pet fundies ever. Letting your kid take one chaperoned class at a ridiculous extremist excuse for a college doesn't make you a good parent. Passing off your kids at a few years instead of a few months also doesn't make you a good parent.

I hate the way people fawn over the Bateses because they're slightly less objectionable than the horrible Duggars (presumably). Really, we give back-pats now for not being the absolute worst? I see no redeeming qualities about them, but I don't have pet fundies ever. Letting your kid take one chaperoned class at a ridiculous extremist excuse for a college doesn't make you a good parent. Passing off your kids at a few years instead of a few months also doesn't make you a good parent.

This.

The Reith blog has been snooped (by me, about a month ago) and there is no mention of the courtship.

Second oldest daughter Erin, heads off to college for the first time

Uhm, Erin started going to "college" in the fall of 2010. Since it appears they started taping the show at what would have been the beginning of the Spring '12 term or thereabouts, that's a flat-out lie; she'd been in school, such as her chaperoned, one-class-a-day schedule day resembles a real college workload.

Is it possible to look out county or state records to see if Michaella is actually a licensed EMT? Between that and how she and Zack got 4.0's in their first-responder school, I am rather dubious of pretty much anything this family claims (shocker, I know).

I'm sure we'll soon see they're just as bad as the Duggars. Overexposure's a bitch.

I wonder what "adventures" TLC paid for.

But in all seriousness... we need to blast that pic on the TLC page daily once that shit gets going.

They have eight episodes, according to the press release. Hopefully they won't have any more episodes ordered beyond that, because there's bound to be mega-family fatigue even among TLC viewers. What can the Bates show that the Duggars haven't covered a million times already?

Gil owns a tree excavation business? I've never heard it called that. Remind me to keep him far, far away from our trees!

Kelly may love to cook, but some of her recipes are positively vomitious. They make TTC seem gourmet.

gilbatesfamily.com/2011/02/01/more-recipes/

and

gilbatesfamily.com/2010/11/09/quick-recipes-for-little-ones-lunches/

Archived