IGNORED

United Bates of America {merged}

Lillian

Apologies if this has already been posted/ talked about. Haven't been around much lately.

First look at the Bates new show:

tlc.howstuffworks.com/tv/other-shows/videos/united-bates-of-america-first-look.htm

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The clip I saw did show one thing they have on the duggars... Kelly Bates was actually crying about her new born being so sick. Even still, TLC needs to lay off the religious wackos.

I was thoroughly amused that the ad before the video clip was "do humans and animals share a common ancestor?" lmao...

So are they going with 'United Bates of America' as the working title, or 'Baby makes 19' ?

no sign of zach or sarah in any of the clips. I hope they spill the beans on the courtship soon enough in the first series.

one of the guys, Lawson I think, in the jamming section of Alyssa's birthday was playing almost face-to-face with a blonde girl. Standing too close to her. Way to be defrauded.

For all the talk of QF families and their emotional incest, I find their valentine's day celebration a little weird :? I'm not sure why they would have a gift exchange, and obsess over presents for their siblings on what is generally considered the quintessential romantic holiday. It also seems a little pagan for such good little fundies. I'll be interested to see how Gil spins it in a christian way, because you know he will...

IMO, they use this holiday as a way to give each other presents to show how much they love each other... just like some secular people do at Christmas. But Christmas has to be all about HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JESUS!!!!! so they have to find a non-religous, somewhat gift-giving holiday. The drawing names seems very much like what some large families do at Christmas. I have to say, it was a little sweet that the little boy wanted to make sure his sister liked the present he was going to give her.

I thought they were going with "baby makes 19" too?? But that title doesn't make sense since baby makes 21 .. but hey the 20 years 20 duggars didn't make sense either ..

I know they are just as crazy as the duggars, but they seem so much more normal. They seem to genuinely like each other. Mama bates crying over baby being sick (Hey, mama duggar cried over jubilee dying .. that's the most Ive ever seen her cry) and the kids seem to have normal fun - not staged for the camera fun.

They also seem to have more freedoms and broader vocabulary. Erin even went to college! (well .. sort of .. but it's more than the duggar girls get to do)

I have to add though, the "huntin" thing is really annoying. There's a "g" at the end of those words. Ugh.

Some days I think TLC is run by a thirteen year old.

"Rarely is the question asked, is our children Learning?" GW Bush

The Learning Channel. Heh.

It's official: TLC has drank the Kool-Aid. How did they stoop this low; or have they always been this low? I swear; they want to be the reality tv network of 700 Club; they're trying to be "hip" to get converts through reality shows.

It's official: TLC has drank the Kool-Aid. How did they stoop this low; or have they always been this low? I swear; they want to be the reality tv network of 700 Club; they're trying to be "hip" to get converts through reality shows.

Do we know if they're backed by Fundies or something? There's got to be some reason that TONS of their programming seems to focus on different types of conservatives.

Three episodes and it's canceled.

I hope.

At the risk of sounding a bit paranoid, I sometimes wonder if this is some sort of sick joke that TLC keeps inflicting upon us (the viewing public). The ratings aren't great for the Duggars and the public is well aware of their cult background (for the most part). Yet, TLC insists on shoving them down our throats.

Dont we already have "the united stats of america?" (or is that on another channel) Really... someone needs to get more creative...

Well, I liked the ad. :lol:

:D Wonder if Carona is Bates approved?

Ps. It pisses me off to no end to see the exploiting their sick baby. :evil:

Archived