IGNORED

Lori Alexander 31: The Viral Godly Tudor

4 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

Lori just posted this on FB. Not all of these tips can work for everyone.22366244_2073392689341428_40584439456845

You know what..? I know a woman who does this. All of this. She lives out in the country & is a conscientious, gardening fool. She's also a professor teaching online for two different schools. For a brief, rough moment her husband took off & left she & her last at home child hanging. She barely got by, they nearly starved. Thankfully the child was grown & able to work so they pulled themselves out of it, but for about a year they fought & scratched for every meal, every tank of gas, & every dime they could save. 

Lori's kind glorify senseless poverty because they've never lived it. Yes Lindy we have no desire to simply *survive*, we were given a life to LIVE and that's exactly what we intend to do.

I want to see one of those uppity broads calving babies & fighting beetles on crops. In every farming family I know, if the wife stays home, she runs that entire place while her husband is offshore or down in a salt mine. Very few of them homeschool, mom needs those 8 hours to work her fields & go to the sale barns. 

All Lori's little friends are doing is showing their collective entitled asses. 

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many of these does Lori do?  By my count None. Zip. Zero. Nada. ZIlch.  Lori's mantra is the exact opposite of the suggestions:

Eat out often
Buy expensive "natural" flour and ingredients to bake "healthy" cookies
Deplete energy by constantly being on the internet 12-16 hours per day
Have your housekeeper do the laundry and use the dryer
Drive 40+ miles each way to buy expensive organic produce from farms
Don't save seeds because there is no garden
Raise chickens, etc in a tony San Diego suburb of $1 M+ house -- ROTF LMAO  LOLOLOLOL
Have a goat or cow -- see above LOLOLOL
Learn animal husbandry -- does kicking the cat count?
Compost bin?  Why? There is no garden
Homemade cleaning supplies -- Not as long as there is the sacred Norwex cloth
Can or freeze -- Nah ...... too busy monitoring the blog, FB, IG, Chat room
Plant trees/ berry bushes -- Got a potted Meyer lemon. What more do you want
Learn to sew -- No, not as long as there are  $70 denim skirts out there
Hunt and fish -- this is an effing joke right?

3 hours ago, feministxtian said:

what is it with these idiotic women thinking that two incomes = luxuries? Shit, when I was working, it was for the little things in life like groceries, utilities, etc. Now, we've cut to the bone and get by on what we have but...ya know? There's a big difference between getting by (and it's just the 2 of us) and managing to support a family. If we still had kids at home, we'd be totally screwed. 

C'mon, didn't you know that respiratory meds are a luxury?  As is insulin, doctors appts, hospitalizations when you can no longer breathe.  Hell, breathing is a luxury.  And lets not forget that other luxury:  FOOD!  Food is just so overrated!

2 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

How many of these does Lori do?  By my count None. Zip. Zero. Nada. ZIlch.  Lori's mantra is the exact opposite of the suggestions:

Eat out often
Buy expensive "natural" flour and ingredients to bake "healthy" cookies
Deplete energy by constantly being on the internet 12-16 hours per day
Have your housekeeper do the laundry and use the dryer
Drive 40+ miles each way to buy expensive organic produce from farms
Don't save seeds because there is no garden
Raise chickens, etc in a tony San Diego suburb of $1 M+ house -- ROTF LMAO  LOLOLOLOL
Have a goat or cow -- see above LOLOLOL
Learn animal husbandry -- does kicking the cat count?
Compost bin?  Why? There is no garden
Homemade cleaning supplies -- Not as long as there is the sacred Norwex cloth
Can or freeze -- Nah ...... too busy monitoring the blog, FB, IG, Chat room
Plant trees/ berry bushes -- Got a potted Meyer lemon. What more do you want
Learn to sew -- No, not as long as there are  $70 denim skirts out there
Hunt and fish -- this is an effing joke right?

Lori did a dumbfuck blog post a year or two ago where she said something that if women only existed that we would all be vegetarians because without men there wouldn't be any hunters. She ignores the fact there are women hunters in the world and that not all men like to hunt. I hope a fangirl asks her if Ken hunts and fishes.

IIRC, Lori lives in HOA neighborhood and some HOAs ban clotheslines. I doubt Lori set up those drying racks for her nanny/housekeeper to use as an alternative to dryers.

Even if she could I doubt Lori would raise chickens or rabbits. She would complain about the smell. Many of those tips might work for women in rural areas.

I like the "just don't go into debt" option.  I don't think these people realize that the vast majority of families in the US are ONE catastrophe from bankruptcy and bad things happen to "good" people all the time.  

I guess rather than going into debt, I should have just let my condition go and become paralyzed so we wouldn't have medical debt.

Except, along with making what limited things I can do, impossible, it also would have made our living expenses go up due to needing various medical aids and a caretaker for when my husband was not home.   You can't just leave a person that can't turn themselves home for 10-12 hours a day and have their skin hold up, for example.

These people make me so freaking angry.  I normally do not wish what I live with daily on other people, but I'd like to see what some of these people do after spending a week in someone else's shoes.  Might wipe some of the smug off of them.

3 minutes ago, CelticGoddess said:

C'mon, didn't you know that respiratory meds are a luxury?  As is insulin, doctors appts, hospitalizations when you can no longer breathe.  Hell, breathing is a luxury.  And lets not forget that other luxury:  FOOD!  Food is just so overrated!

Yup...insulin and pancreatic enzymes (and test strips and syringes) are luxuries! Luxuries to the tune of about 6 grand a month if we had to pay for it all. Thank God hubs is a veteran and can get it all at the VA. Right now I'm the one with no medical insurance but fortunately all my current medical issues are due to a car accident and well...my attorney is on top of all that. If I get sick, we're screwed. 

Also a lot of those suggestions take quite a bit of investment before they pay off. I mean my family has fruit trees and we had to wait for them to mature. I think the apples took a few years. And you have to know the right ones to get (my dad accidentally planted the wrong type of peach tree :tw_grimace:)  Plus there's spraying them for bugs. Gardening is also an investment and can increase your water bill trying to keep your plants alive. Honestly with all the work involved in that you'd be better off going to work for 9-5 because it's not like you'd be spending your time with your kids at home. You'd be too busy. 

I've said this before, but maybe I don't want to be insanely frugal? Maybe I want to be able to enjoy life because we never know how long life will be. Maybe we want to go on yearly vacations. Maybe we want a camper. Maybe we want to go to Disney World with the kids. Maybe we want to take a Disney Cruise even. Maybe we want to travel. Maybe we like to travel. Maybe we want to take our (future) children and show them the world outside their backyard. Maybe I don't want to have a 10 year old clunker. Maybe I don't want to live in a cramped tiny house or apartment with more children than I have space or money. Maybe I don't want to live off scraps and ramen noodles. Maybe I want to have good health insurance. Maybe I want a nice house in a nice neighborhood.

I've been there in an old crappy run down apartment struggling to pay my bills, having to watch every cent and living paycheck to paycheck making meals from ramen noodles and ketchup. It is the worst feeling of stress and worry wondering if you will make enough for your basic needs and if you will have a roof over your head and food to eat. Living wrapped in blankets with plastic over your windows because they are crap and your heater stops working because it is too damn cold thanks to windows your landlord won't bother to replace. Living with mice in your apartment that keep coming in from outside because your landlord took down the ceiling tile to replace a pipe after 2 weeks of all containers to catch the water and never replacing them leaving an opening letting all sorts of things inside. 

Yeah, I've been there, cutting coupons, buying cheap, shopping at cheap places like Aldi's. Trying to get your medication that you need for your condition, but not having insurance because you make too much to qualify for state aid but don't make enough to afford to buy any insurance on your own. So you take the penalty and hope nothing serious happens while searching for cheap or free care or going to urgent care because they will take you without insurance for like $100. I've been there, without a job, with bills to pay, wondering what I will do or where I'll live and how I'll manage. Yeah, I've so been there. And you know what...

It fucking sucked. It was the worst feeling ever and when you are there, you never lose that feeling deep down of what if and struggle to feel secure even when you are. I'm an educated person and am planning to start my master's soon. My bf is educated, works for a large company and makes good money. The sense of security we have because we have the incomes and education is beyond great. I don't want to live like that again if I can avoid it. I don't want or need everything, but that feeling of not worrying about any basic needs and feeling you have money to save and spend as needed or wanted. That's a great feeling and I don't see why there's anything wrong with not wanting to struggle. I also thinks it's super unfair to the man to make him work 2-3 jobs around the clock just so you can not work. It's one thing to agree as a couple that mom will stay home and dad will work, but requiring it or putting the entire burden of needs on one person because you think your religion tells you so and you live in a fictional world where such a time existed that every mom stayed home and dad worked 9-5 is total and complete bullshit. 

I would love, if I ever have children, to stay home with them when they are small, but I will not do so if it ever caused a struggle for money. I don't want to put my children in daycare, but I don't want to struggle to keep food on the table and a roof over our heads, scrimping to function more. I've been there, done that and to the best of my ability, will not let my children, while living in my house, ever feel a concern that they won't have a meal to eat or a warm bed to sleep in. I don't want to raise my children in a house stressed about money all the time, if I can help it. Lori and her fangirls can whine about that, but they can also go shove it up their ass with their faux knowledge of the Bible and history because their opinions and words are worthless to me. However, I am saddened by those that do think their opinions about their lives matter.

24 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

Lori did a dumbfuck blog post a year or two ago where she said something that if women only existed that we would all be vegetarians because without men there wouldn't be any hunters. She ignores the fact there are women hunters in the world and that not all men like to hunt. I hope a fangirl asks her if Ken hunts and fishes.

IIRC, Lori lives in HOA neighborhood and some HOAs ban clotheslines. I doubt Lori set up those drying racks for her nanny/housekeeper to use as an alternative to dryers.

Even if she could I doubt Lori would raise chickens or rabbits. She would complain about the smell. Many of those tips might work for women in rural areas.

Lol, what?! She said that? Lol, that's hilarious and shows serious ignorance. That just proves that she has NEVER lived or been around anyone from rural areas. I've said it many times here, but grew up in southern Appalachia, one of the poorest areas of the US. I grew up in a mix kinda suburb kinda rural area. Hunting was a big hobby for nearly everyone. Or I should say the top 3 hobbies usually were "Huntin', fishin', and 4-wheelin'" by males and females. My bf is from India and was raised as a Hindu. They were vegetarians and he has stayed one by choice and out of respect for his parents. I admit I don't like hunting, but I will fish. The idea that she thinks women rarely if ever hunt is just hilarious. 

5 hours ago, foreign fundie said:

If I would try to do what this woman does, my family would probably suffer. However I know women with so much drive and energy that they can pull it off and still cook, clean, help with homework, read stories and bath and comb their kids. I am learning people really do have very different levels of energy and organizational capabilities and and that we should allow for those differences. It goes the other way as well. In my current family setting, please don’t expect me to get a full-time job. I work free-lance from home and do some volunteer stuff, but I could not do a nine to five without putting unreasonable strain on my kids and getting seriously sleep deprived. They need me home right now and I need an occasional cat nap in the daytime to manage! We are all so different, at different stages with kids at different ages, different health situations and support networks, that we can’t make generalizations about how a random woman should divide  home and work duties in order to keep her family healthy and happy.

This is very true. 

8 minutes ago, dairyfreelife said:

Lol, what?! She said that? Lol, that's hilarious and shows serious ignorance. That just proves that she has NEVER lived or been around anyone from rural areas. I've said it many times here, but grew up in southern Appalachia, one of the poorest areas of the US. I grew up in a mix kinda suburb kinda rural area. Hunting was a big hobby for nearly everyone. Or I should say the top 3 hobbies usually were "Huntin', fishin', and 4-wheelin'" by males and females. My bf is from India and was raised as a Hindu. They were vegetarians and he has stayed one by choice and out of respect for his parents. I admit I don't like hunting, but I will fish. The idea that she thinks women rarely if ever hunt is just hilarious. 

This is the thread we discussed it. I have to make a correction she said that without men that animals wouldn't be slaughtered on farms. She's still an idiot. My grandmother assisted my grandfather in slaughtering animals on their ranch/farm.  I know several women that hunt.

15 hours ago, crawfishgirl said:

The annual projected costs for their desired in-state public university is around $30,000 a year (includes room and board, etc).  So $30,000 times 4 years times 2 kids is a hellish number for anyone, and that doesn't even include grad school (my oldest wants to go to med school).  The cost of going out of state or to a private university must be astounding

My little sister is a sophomore at an Ivy League school. Once all the financial aid, grants, and scholarships came in, she found out she’d pay substantially less going there than an in-state public school. I think her costs are less than $5k per year. Travel costs are obviously a little more, but overall she will have very little debt. 

1 hour ago, Curious said:

These people make me so freaking angry.  I normally do not wish what I live with daily on other people, but I'd like to see what some of these people do after spending a week in someone else's shoes.  Might wipe some of the smug off of them.

Smug, yes! Like that woman a few pages back who declared that she doesn't need to worry because her husband won't leave her. Does she honestly believe that every person who has ever been walked out on saw it coming? Does she honestly believe that every spouse who has left has signalled it from afar? That abandoned spouses deserve it because they chose poorly in the first place? That no one changes, no one lies? Yes, I think she does believe this. How gross, unfair, ignorant, and mean. 

@lilwriter85 I saw a few comments that looked like they could be from followers but nothing like what we see in the comments, but I haven’t been over there again for a bit. I think the fact it wasn’t linked to Lori’s site maybe had an impact. 

Proverbs 31 (I don’t think Lori likes them either) is doing a Bible study on James and Titus and another book- can’t remember which right now. It’s through the First 5 app- I think I am going to do it. I would love a different perspective on Titus, especially. 

What church do her followers attend? Through high school we attended a Pentecostal Church and I don’t recall ever hearing them preach that women could only stay home. 

Hey Lori, meet my daughter.

She also skateboards, snowboards, does athletes, is excelling in math and science,  loves to bake and is learning to sow. 

She also has mass amounts of compassion, but you might need to look up that word in your dictionary. 

IMG_0900.JPG

7 hours ago, Loveday said:

@nokidsmom , my goal next year is to can salsa! I'm only just learning how to can (my long-retired mom is teaching me, and I've actually caught on to this, unlike sewing! LOL), and have also made a couple of batches of strawberry jam. Makes me feel like my own grandmothers must have felt when I look at those pretty jars sitting on my pantry shelves. :pb_smile:

Super easy! Honestly we just use Mrs. Wages spicy salsa mix and that cuts down on time even further. 

5 hours ago, CelticGoddess said:

I remember one fundie woman saying once that as long as you could afford hot dogs and mac & cheese you could afford to have kids. 

7 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Yup...insulin and pancreatic enzymes (and test strips and syringes) are luxuries! Luxuries to the tune of about 6 grand a month if we had to pay for it all. Thank God hubs is a veteran and can get it all at the VA. Right now I'm the one with no medical insurance but fortunately all my current medical issues are due to a car accident and well...my attorney is on top of all that. If I get sick, we're screwed. 

My respiratory meds would cost us over $8000/month.  (Still less expensive than the hospitalizations that happen without said meds)

5 hours ago, Petronella said:

Smug, yes! Like that woman a few pages back who declared that she doesn't need to worry because her husband won't leave her. Does she honestly believe that every person who has ever been walked out on saw it coming? Does she honestly believe that every spouse who has left has signalled it from afar? That abandoned spouses deserve it because they chose poorly in the first place? That no one changes, no one lies? Yes, I think she does believe this. How gross, unfair, ignorant, and mean. 

And what happens if her husband just drops dead one day?  A neighbor's husband came home from a business trip and woke up the next AM with chest pain and shortness of breath, and died from a pulmonary embolism.  He never saw it coming.  He was 34.

7 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

This is the thread we discussed it. I have to make a correction she said that without men that animals wouldn't be slaughtered on farms. She's still an idiot. My grandmother assisted my grandfather in slaughtering animals on their ranch/farm.  I know several women that hunt.

If she had met my Great Great Grandma, she would swoon.  Her husband walked out on her in 1863 to join the Union Army,  when she had 8 children (the youngest being a baby).  She ran their farm, hunted, raised her children, just basically did all the jobs her lazy husband wasn't around to do (which was actually a blessing because apparently, he was a lazy SOB).  She also taught her children to be self sufficient.  

“Aunt” Lori actually said in one of her blogs ... “sometimes I think my kids are afraid of me”.  Maybe that’s a good thing”.

The woman is twisted.  She talks a lot about disciplining, Godly children, feeding them, teaching the bible, but … note this … never talks about cuddling them, showing affection for them … NEVER.  It is about doing for (her job/her duty).   She sees them as willful/sinful "little adults" who must be brought into line.   I think that her children might have been better off had she gone to work, providing she left them in the care of an affectionate loving person. 

Therein lies the irony. 

I am sure her kids are afraid of her and it is a good thing for her, because if they weren't some of them might speak out about what life was really like growing up. 

In others news, looks like that whole string on her latest fb post that had about 17 comments is gone. The string where she talked about the tightwad gazette. She is even deleting her own advice.

KAK says:

October 8, 2017 at 2:22 am

Sometimes, even with dogged determination to stay home, it’s still impossible.
I grow much of our own food (fruit and vegetables and eggs) in season. I buy cheap “seconds” fruit direct from the growers ($5 buys me a great big box of blemished fruit that is perfectly fine to eat) and bottle it. I make jam and chutneys. I buy our groceries from the cheapest places possible.
We heat our home with a wood burner which also heats out hot water. I hang all our washing to dry it, we don’t use a dryer. We don’t have air conditioning. All our meals are cooked from scratch using the cheapest possible ingredients. Our clothes mostly come from secondhand shops. My car is older than me.
I do all this and more and yet … I STILL have to work part-time to make ends meet, just for us to survive. Not to buy luxuries (none of those for us!) but to pay for the basics – food, housing, clothing, medical bills etc.

Staying home is NOT possible for everyone.

I’ve actually been avoiding this blog lately because although I used to find it so encouraging with regards to submission etc. these latest posts on staying home don’t help me at all. In fact, they discourage me, because despite doing absolutely everything in my power to bring our household costs down, the reality is, in order for our 4 children to eat, I have to work part-time. And I’m sure there are many, many women in the same boat as me.

Lori Alexander says:

October 8, 2017 at 4:47 am

M says:

October 8, 2017 at 5:50 am

I’m so sorry you are discouraged by the blog. I want to remind you that the Biblical definition of faith according to Hebrews 11 is the assurance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen”. Faith is believing God’s Word above what you can see. That means you will not see that God’s Word is true until you do it. It doesn’t always work out nicely on paper so you can be confident of your own word but God makes it work out when you step out in faith. I cannot tell you of all the ways God has provided for my family and other families I know of in unexpected ways. He can for you too!

Lori Alexander says:

October 8, 2017 at 7:20 am

Yes, I think of Abraham who went searching for that city without foundations because he knew without a doubt that he served a God who kept His promises even though he could not see them.

KAK says:

October 8, 2017 at 3:41 pm

Hi M – For years I did “step out in faith” believing that God would provide – and my children nearly starved. I’ve shared bits and pieces of my story on here before but not going into any details of it now. But basically, it doesn’t just not work on paper – it just doesn’t work, full stop.

God HAS provided for us by providing a job I can do that fits in with my family. Since I started helping my husband support our family, God has blessed us in many different ways, totally unexpected things, and absolutely assured us of His presence in our lives. But He has not enabled me to stay home full-time.

Today:

These reasons are why my viral posts keeps going viral. Women today HATE the thought of serving their husbands. They believe it’s their duty to set the men in their lives straight and their desire shall be to rule their husbands (Genesis 3:16) just as God said from the beginning. They hearken to the voice of the Serpent of old and eat the forbidden fruit of selfishness and control, thus losing their femininity and what God has called them to be and do.

News Flash: Lori had a post go VIRAL!

From today's post:

These reasons are why my viral posts keeps going viral

She's even included a handy link for those who haven't read her VIRAL post.  

Make your husband his meals and give thanks for the food you have been blessed with. Do all of the housework and be thankful that you have a home to clean and a hard-working husband, if you have one.

Step 1: Make one salad per week.  Top w/ raw egg dressing that's been chilling in your fridge for a few months.  It'll be yummy!  Make sure to post to Instagram when you have diarrhea the next day (you're a discrete woman, after all).  Bonus points if you post a pic of the expensive, super special internet meds you used to cure yourself! 

Step 2:  If your husband wants anything different, remind him that you're "sick", and let him make it himself.  

Step 3: If step 2 fails, eat at an expensive restaurant.  Bonus points if you post pics of your meal to Instagram.  More bonus points if you make a post within 24 hours about being frugal/how horrible it is that women don't cook/the health detriments of eating out.

Step 4:  Now that everyone is fed, it's time to clean!  The efficient housewife has a good maid, and knows how to manage her time.  Don't hesitate to rebuke her if she isn't working fast enough.  Bonus points if you make her clean your neighbor's house AND blog about about how filthy it is.  A clean house is wonderful, but good gossip is priceless!  More bonus points if you remind your maid that working women blaspheme the Word of God!

Oh God i just finished watching The Handmaid's Tale and Lori the Tudor totally resembles shrill Aunt Lydia

"Look at those outfits, such sluts."

54 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

I am sure her kids are afraid of her and it is a good thing for her, because if they weren't some of them might speak out about what life was really like growing up. 

I wonder if she and Ken have the kids threatened with disinheriting if they spoke out against Lori. I think Lori is a narcissist and her kids know it. In recent years, there have been several online movements led by people whose parents were narcissists. There is Raised by Narcissists subreddit on Reddit, a bunch of blogs on it, and other message boards. Many of those people have cut off contact with their parents. I have a friend who has described her paternal grandmother as an abusive narcissist and her father has a limited relationship with her while another sibling of his has zero contact with her. I was recently talking with a friend of a friend at a party and she said she cut out her narcissist father out of her life.  I kind of hope that one of Lori's kids goes against her. But, they might not for financial/inheritance reasons.

12 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

Someone responded to them that she didn't a lot of luxuries despite having two incomes.

28wi9sz.jpg

smf6vo.jpg

No, no, no. Staying home no matter what, is not trusting God. It's testing God.  God never says we get to just sit around and expect things to fall in our lap.  Would Lori would tell a man to just trust God for a job and don't worry about filling out an application?

• mango_fandango locked this topic
  • laPapessaGiovanna unlocked and locked this topic

Archived