IGNORED

Dillards 42: Tweeting to Unpopularity

Coconut Flan

Cool story, Derick. You still specifically called out a teenager on a oublic platform, you spineless worm. You don’t get to claim any moral high ground. You harasssed her. Period. 

I sincerely hope a scandal comes out about him someday. That or they’re phased out of CO and fade quietly into obscurity. One way or another, I want him to lose his public following. IMO he’s worse than a Kardashian in terms of having no talent or anything remarkable enough about him to warrant his fame. At least the kardashians have a remarkable talent for self promotion. 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/11/2017 at 4:40 PM, Georgiana said:

Oh for sure he could.  He left Wal*Mart just after major surgery and the birth of his first child.  He could EASILY spin his mission work to be a change of pace for health and family reasons.  "I found I was unable to work a desk job comfortably during my recovery, and my family needed me to put them first for a time, so I chose to pursue faith-related work that would have a more flexible schedule and allow me to be more present for my family for a time."

People take employment breaks all the time, and it's no longer the death sentence in interviews that it once was.  Many places even like to see that their employee is well rounded and able to deal with work/life balance successfully.  I don't even think it would be much more difficult for him to re-enter the workforce.  

I think he either does not want to OR he is no longer able to work a desk job and is trying to conceal that fact as it runs against the party line.  

Have to disagree here. Maybe in some fields -- I work in one of them -- when you have a good track record and some gaps in your resume you can find an employer who will go along with that--but even then it's iffy--just ask all the women who were on the "Mommy track." Given that Dwreck only worked as an entry-level employee for what, one year? and that he has been out of the workforce for quite a bit that leaves him way out of the loop as far as changes in technology and other workplace needs go, he may not be seen as having much to offer. Given that the last few years of his life have been very public, and so it is known that his "ministry" was not approved by the Church he said it was as he did not meet the qualifications, he has  no solid accomplishments to point to to account for the time he spend in dangerous CA, he lived for some time in a Spanish-speaking country where he said he was ministering to people but still doesn't speak the language, and his grifting is very public knowledge, I can't really imagine anyone outside of a hate group or some church connected with the family wanting to hire him. Has he kept up with skills and developments in the world of accounting? Has he taken any classes or exams that would place him on a higher level? Did he spend that time in the military or any publicly recognized service program? Can he document that someone in his family had a severe need that precluded him from talking employment?
He worked as an entry-level employee for one year and then did squat. I can't see him competing successfully with people who have actually been working in their field, taking steps to qualify for higher levels (especially codified in fields such as accounting) for an actual job.

1 hour ago, JillyO said:

What is your problem, Derick Douchecanoe Dillard?

I'm starting to wonder if he's some sort of exhibitionist.  Pistol Pete, Duggar Add-on, Hippie Jesus, Twitter Shit-Stirrer...

On 2017.10.14. at 4:22 PM, Cleopatra7 said:

I have no doubt that early Christians would find the modern fundie obsession with marriage and babies for Jesus to be very strange, if not heretical.

But they were Catholics.

7 hours ago, patsymae said:

Can he document that someone in his family had a severe need that precluded him from talking employment?

All good points, but as someone who took an employment break to be an end of life caregiver, I can happily tell you nobody has ever asked for documentation. I worried about that a lot, I wasn't being paid so it's a tricky thing to document, would I show the obituary? Other than that it's family references, right?  For the most part people are compassionate, that being said, I also have years of employment on my CV. 

I agree that the publicity of how he's lived his life is an impediment to getting a job. There would be hesitation on how much time he'd need off for filming, how his public image impacts the company, etc. Any sane hiring manager would also pause and be thoughtful about how he would work in their team, he's shown on twitter he's comfortable voicing disruptive opinions and lashing out against others on a personal level. You'd have to be beyond bloody brilliant for me to knowingly add that personality onto a team, have enough of track record of results to offset the expected shenanigans and impact on teammates. Been there, done that and we're in the patent process, so totally worth the eccentricities and adding accountability partner/dragon slayer to my workload. Derick hasn't shown he's worth the headache. 

10 hours ago, zygote373 said:

I would say that someone should stop Derick from tweeting late at night, but his twitter is garbage at all times.

Alright Derick, if you can’t (WON’T) accept that persons who self-identify as members of the opposite sex are what they subjectively claim to be than I can’t (WON’T) accept that YOU are what you subjectively claim to be - a Christian.

What are you scared of, man?

I reckon his trans obsession is a response to him being called out over his hate-tweets about Jazz.  I bet he's feeling like he has to double and treble down, and every time someone tries to tell him he's wrong, and being horrible about people who need support, he feels smug and proud, like he's being "persecuted", so he does it again, because he wants that hit of self-righteousness.

Of course, as a straight white cis male, he wouldn't know persecution if he saw it in the street, but in his world, being called out for being a mean-spirited bigot is exactly the same as being nailed to the cross.  He should walk a mile in Jazz' shoes before even thinking about trying to comment about her life.

:angry-banghead: Shut up, Derick and follow your own damn advise. He does NOTHING with gentleness or respect and has his head so far up his ass he can't think. His hypocrisy continues to be astounding.

He has a JRod level of self-awareness.

Wow. Derick really IS a trainwreck and you can watch him get worse with every Tweet that's going public. Not saying that he was a nice, open-minded, tolerante guy in the past, but it really gets me wondering to see at which rate he is turning into a GIANT asshole.

The White House gift shop sells Trump socks?

Ugh, I've only been to DC while a Democrat was in the White House (Bill Clinton when I went there as a kid and then many times more recently during Obama's term). I'm not sure I want to face going there now that I know who is currently occupying the White House.

It was so nice to have a president and his family that I could be proud of...

5 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

The White House gift shop sells Trump socks?

Ugh, I've only been to DC while a Democrat was in the White House (Bill Clinton when I went there as a kid and then many times more recently during Obama's term). I'm not sure I want to face going there now that I know who is currently occupying the White House.

It was so nice to have a president and his family that I could be proud of...

Yeah, it makes me wish I signed up for a White House tour while Obama was in office. It would have been nice to go when it was home to a respectable man, who also showed a fun side, but now it's the lair of an evil orange gremlin. And it just feels like the White House is infected with his cooties.

This Dullard should just stop tweeting.  

I have a 20~year old family member who recently told family members that they identify as the opposite gender.  None of us are even slightly surprised.  Not sure if this person will ultimately have reassignment surgery.  No matter what, the core family are supportive.  Mainly, we are waiting for the person to let us know what name we should now use.

It's going to take a boatload of sage to even come close to cleansing the White House.

Those Trump socks look like a joke gift. The way the Cheetoh Overlord is depicted is unflattering, yet terrifyingly accurate.

3 hours ago, llg1234 said:

Derick's giving Josie Bates' boyfriend, Kelton Balka, a run for his money.

I have only one reaction to this pic:

:puke-huge:

(And wtf is up with that face on those socks? it looks like a sex doll version of the presidunce!)

so I tend to be a bit of an insomniac and late last night there was a story that popped up in my newsfeed pretty much aluding to Lloyd Christmas Dwreck was having an affair based on some  tweets/social media posts about adultery. Is this old news, have said tweets really happened (I don't even know how to USE twitter), any info on this?

I personally don't know that there would be any takers for that affair but you know, crazier things have happened.

13 minutes ago, IamNIKE said:

so I tend to be a bit of an insomniac and late last night there was a story that popped up in my newsfeed pretty much aluding to Lloyd Christmas Dwreck was having an affair based on some  tweets/social media posts about adultery. Is this old news, have said tweets really happened (I don't even know how to USE twitter), any info on this?

I personally don't know that there would be any takers for that affair but you know, crazier things have happened.

It’s been discussed on here. He tweeted vague bible quotes, someone somewhere thought it meant he was cheating, and it took off from there. Vague tweets are literally the only evidence anyone has to support the assertion that he’s cheating.

I've come to view US girl schouts as feminist ass-kickers that I have a lot of respect for. Like the 13 year old GS fighting against child marriage. My country doesn't have different scout groups for girls and boys and I've never been a scout myself (thankfully, because I hate camping, wildlife, hiking etc.) so I don't know about the dynamics. But I do think it's good that kids and teens of all genders get to socialize with each other; it debunks gender stereotypes when they realize people of the "opposite gender" aren't from a different planet! Though I also understand that women/girls only places are important (and hopefully they include trans women&girls!). I often prefer the company of other women myself. I sometimes wish Thermyscira* was real! And that it included Gal Gadot, who I have a massive crush on :my_angel:

*the all-women island of Amazons in Wonder Woman

Why can't twitter suspend Derrick? Sick of reading his sh*t - shocked people even think it's OK to say in a public space.

11 minutes ago, CorruptionInc. said:

Why can't twitter suspend Derrick? Sick of reading his sh*t - shocked people even think it's OK to say in a public space.

If they haven’t suspended Trump yet then they won’t suspend Derick. 

4 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

If they haven’t suspended Trump yet then they won’t suspend Derick. 

Yet they suspended Rose McGowan's account... We live in a sorry, shitty world.

Long time lurker, first time posted. When I first saw the quote he posted all I could think was Janice effing Raymond!? Is he reading Janice effing Raymond?

Janice Raymond is the author of the 1979 anti- trans book The Transsexual Empire: The Making of the She Male. She basically argues that transwomen are delusional men who are raping womankind by identifying as women. It is a nasty book. The quote he posted is from her author's page. 

That book's influence has negatively affected trans people. Maybe he will stumble across Sandy Stone's "The Empire Strikes Back: A PostTranssexual Manifesto" (1983), a response to Janice Raymond and a seminal part of the Trans-liberation movement.

11 minutes ago, Letsgoflyakite said:

Is he reading Janice effing Raymond?

No, or at least I really doubt it. He saw a quote he liked and posted it. I seriously doubt that on his part any more thought went into it than that.

What a freaking jackass. No one wants to see your nasty-ass legs and shoes shrouded in a picture of a hateful, ignorant, bigoted, pompous joke of a person. Save this for the bedroom I'm sure Jilly Muffins gets turned on by those.

@Letsgoflyakite Thanks for posting on Janice Raymond.  I was not familiar  with her work, although I am familiar with the radical feminist critique of M2F trans.  I had the feeling D'wreck was cherry picking a statement from what I see as decades of evolving queer gender discussion.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived