IGNORED

Dillards 42: Tweeting to Unpopularity

Coconut Flan

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

So my friend just sent me a message that she heard gossip about Derick cheating on Jill. I asked her to elaborate, but she hasn't responded. I'm sure this is a rumor that has just grown out of proportion, but does anyone else know where this gossip might have come from? Didn't Derick recently tweet about adultery? Could that have been where this originated from?

I saw it and it is one of the usual sources and references his tweets about adultery

7 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I keep seeing people saying that Derick will have a difficult, if not impossible, time getting back into the workforce, and I'm just wondering why. I can't see the gaps on his resume really tripping him up, because I'm sure he'll be able to find an employer who thinks being a 'missionary' and then 'working' in 'ministry' are perfectly valid excuses. I think if he really wanted to start working as an accountant again, he wouldn't have that much of a problem. But he doesn't want it.

Oh for sure he could.  He left Wal*Mart just after major surgery and the birth of his first child.  He could EASILY spin his mission work to be a change of pace for health and family reasons.  "I found I was unable to work a desk job comfortably during my recovery, and my family needed me to put them first for a time, so I chose to pursue faith-related work that would have a more flexible schedule and allow me to be more present for my family for a time."

People take employment breaks all the time, and it's no longer the death sentence in interviews that it once was.  Many places even like to see that their employee is well rounded and able to deal with work/life balance successfully.  I don't even think it would be much more difficult for him to re-enter the workforce.  

I think he either does not want to OR he is no longer able to work a desk job and is trying to conceal that fact as it runs against the party line.  

1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Looks like his brother on the far right, back row?

I thought so at first but if you zoom in on these two images Rep. Womack tweeted, it doesn't look like it.

Looks like they'll be there a week. I wonder if Cathy has the kids or if they were shipped off to the TTH.

ETA:

Sigh......if only the Duggar kids had been given actual choice in their post-secondary education. Then maybe one of them, if so inclined, could have aspired to be a Supreme Court Justice one day. Seems so sad for fundies to visit places they'll never have the opportunity to be a part of. :pb_cry:

6 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Why do I keep getting the feeling that Derelicte wants Joshley's old job?

That would be classic. But JillyMuffin couldn't handle living in DC. Too far from the TTH

10 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Why do I keep getting the feeling that Derelicte wants Joshley's old job?

I'm sure he'd love being a paid mouthpiece, but I doubt FRC would consider him - or anyone else close to Jim Bob - anytime soon.  Imagine how they felt, after the news came out, about having provided a six-digit salary plus travel expenses for Josh to promote FRC's family values. :pb_lol:

Wonder how often Walmart co-workers were treated to stories of Pistol Pete?  I'm going to guess a LOT. 

1 hour ago, bananabread said:

Sigh......if only the Duggar kids had been given actual choice in their post-secondary education. Then maybe one of them, if so inclined, could have aspired to be a Supreme Court Justice one day. Seems so sad for fundies to visit places they'll never have the opportunity to be a part of. :pb_cry:

In the beginning of the show Joshly said he wanted to become a lawyer. Gotta say I'm glad he never did.

19 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

In the beginning of the show Joshly said he wanted to become a lawyer. Gotta say I'm glad he never did.

Maybe if he'd had more opportunities, he wouldn't have become such a turd. On the other hand, he had prestige at FRC, and still screwed up. 

I know we only get to see brief calculated snapshots of these people’s lives, but it really is fascinating to me that when Jill+Derick got married I thought they were really well suited and would be happy. They seemed like two nerdy goofballs in wuv. A short 3 years later and every picture of them looks awkward and weird and neither of them even look familiar to me. They don’t seem comfortable around each other, or the intimacy seems missing, I don’t know.

Conversely, when Jessa+Ben married, I wouldn’t say I thought it was all doom and gloom, I just thought they were an odd pairing and he was just so young, I wasn’t nervous about them. But they seem to be doing fine. Neither couple seems “crazy” for each other anymore, but Ben and Jessa at least seem like friends. Little instagram snippets seem to how two cordial people cooperating with each other. 

Every pic I see of Jill and Derick now, whether they’re together or not, makes me cringe. I want to shake them and be like “aren’t you guys married??? Not distant cousins meeting for the first time again after 10 years??”

Just notice that the Duggar Official page immediately shared about Jinjer promoting the music charity.

When Derick fundraised (or attempted to and failed) for his Cross church ministry trips the other extended Duggars never shared, donated or even acknowledged it. 

What does that say to you? It says to me they didn't approve of that kind of grifting. That the Dillards had asked the fans for too much, over and over.

Or they aren't totally sold any longer on Derick's "call" to ministry. 

Is anyone sold but Jill?

12 minutes ago, Fjrocks said:

/snipped

Is anyone sold but Jill?

I doubt Jill is even sold, she probably just can't say anything against her headship.

Well that is an interesting kettle of fish. When this family gives us nothing they have no clue they give us buckets of fodder for fuel.

I think Derick makes them cringe through their clenched smiles.

13 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I see some Boys Scouts programs are allowing girls in now. I'm preparing for dWRECK to be super triggered about this on Twitter. :pb_lol: 

You were right on the money. He actually retweeted Donald Trump, who apparently beat him to it on this topic. 

Oke nothing seemed to work out with regards to getting this tweet to show here. I blame my n00bness for this. But here's the (re-)tweet in a print screen :')

dericktweetbs.jpg

8 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

That would be classic. But JillyMuffin couldn't handle living in DC. Too far from the TTH

From what we have seen of Derrick in the last months (and even longer) I don't think he'll give a damn about how Jill would feel about living in DC. He would probably remind her of her place - the submissive helpmeet she was raised to be.

4 hours ago, Fluffy14 said:

I think Derick makes them cringe through their clenched smiles.

JimBoob probably knows that Derrick right now is the biggest danger for their brand.

10 hours ago, bananabread said:

If their beliefs remained the same...oh dear god please no.

I hope their meetings and greetings on the Hill are simply show boating, as far as I can glean CC wouldn't be a big enough donor for sway (I could definitely be wrong here).

I love DC, it was a really fun place to live and I hope they enjoy all aspects of it, especially the amazing museums. Especially, if Derick is going to tweet about how we're having an 'anomaly' in our race relations he can visit the National Museum of the American Indian and the National Museum of African American History and Culture. Anyone been to the latter? I haven't been back to DC since it opened, but am a total Smithsonian nerd.

I'm not sure dWRECK could scrub up enough to work in DC. 

I honestly don't see what the big deal is to let girls into the boy scouts? Have you seen what we get to do in girl scouts? It sucks in comparison. This whole "my boys need BOY TIME" thing is just ridiculous. 

16 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I'm not sure dWRECK could scrub up enough to work in DC. 

I honestly don't see what the big deal is to let girls into the boy scouts? Have you seen what we get to do in girl scouts? It sucks in comparison. This whole "my boys need BOY TIME" thing is just ridiculous. 

In Latin America there isn't gender segregated scouts. It's just "The Scouts". To think we are "third world" countries huh...

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived