IGNORED

Joe and Kendra: Looking Forward to Side Hugs

choralcrusader8613

My dad was born exactly 41 weeks after his parents' wedding. Sister- in-law was born not quite 39 weeks after her parents' wedding.

My inlaws did not want kids right away but their strict Catholic families left them with no clue they could prevent it.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kendra looks like a teenager in her grandma's clothes. Can't believe these babies are on their way to the altar.

I have to admit that Kendra's father looks very attractive at the promo photo on the fanblog

Screen+Shot+2017-05-09+at+9.40.08+AM.png

And he looks so young- almost younger than Joseph. Damn it - I go and hide now

8 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

It's those side hugs she was really looking forward to.

They're practically side hugging in the photo... 

4 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

That's because they are young! Kendra's only 18 and they had her young....I don't think he's even 40.

2 hours ago, snickers34 said:

That's because they are young! Kendra's only 18 and they had her young....I don't think he's even 40.

He's 39.

31 minutes ago, Bethella said:

He's 39.

Oh FFS. I'm 35 and barely pondering kids. He's about to be a grandpa.

I'm calling it. Joy's wedding in May or June, Joseph's wedding, yet again, in November, like other Duggar weddings.

17 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

A November wedding. Outdoors with ice cream?

They can have a pool party afterwards, too. :8U:

17 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Kendra and Joe are looking mighty cozy. Are they secretly engaged? :pb_lol:

They've been secretly married for the last year and a half (with parental permission). Kendra recently gave birth to twins Kendall and Josephine and the happy couple are looking forward to many more.  "The sky's the limit", said Kendra. "Yeah", said Joseph.

20 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

@Coy KoiEveryone acts in ways that make them feel badly later on. Yeah, your mom acted pretty badly when you found out you were pregnant... but she loves you and your daughter. And she realizes now that she was wrong to act the way she did.

No one is perfect. All we can do is learn from past mistakes and do our best to be better people moving forward. It sounds like your mom has tried to do that and that's a good thing. :) 

You are so consistently nice and positive! But not in an annoying, fake way, just in a genuine way. I like you!

2 hours ago, Coy Koi said:

You are so consistently nice and positive! But not in an annoying, fake way, just in a genuine way. I like you!

:pb_lol:

You should have seen me earlier this year when Velocibaby wasn't sleeping through the night. I had zero filter and even less sympathy (for people who truly did not deserve sympathy.)

21 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

I have to admit that Kendra's father looks very attractive at the promo photo on the fanblog

I can't help it.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTt_ZPpkK0uxlhmj6Rq_UD

18 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

He certainly looks younger than Josh :o 

13 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

He certainly looks younger than Josh :o 

Kendra's parents not only are young but they look young. And I would guess it has to do with their lives being easier and more enjoyable than the fundie families that welcome a new blessing every 15 months. They married young but they only have 7 kids. They probably won't have more than one more child before menopause. It just goes to show how different life is when you have manageable amount of children. I really really hope this next generation of fundies pay attention to this when they are having kids. 

21 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

He looks like he's only 24 years old.  That is really scary.  You'd think carrying around all that hate and ignorance would age someone; but that's not the case here.

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They married young but they only have 7 kids. They probably won't have more than one more child before menopause. It just goes to show how different life is when you have manageable amount of children. I really really hope this next generation of fundies pay attention to this when they are having kids. 

Just looking at their FB cover photo, it seems that Kendra and Lauren are older than the younger 5 siblings.  It could be that the Caldwells became quiverful later and that's why there are only 7 now.  Whatever the reason less is more.

The Caldwells certainly have interesting spacing. Kendra and Lauren are clearly very close together, and then I would guess there's about a five-year break to the third-eldest (Micah). Then I'd say there's another maybe four-year break and then three kids (Nathan, Timothy and Olivia) really close together, with a shorter break (maybe two or three years) to Jesiah, their youngest. It's very possible that they didn't become quiverfull until at least Micah, possibly even Nathan. Or maybe they just naturally have a more varied spacing.

(Please note that I don't actually know anyone's ages except for Kendra. I am purely guesstimating the kids' ages based on thr Caldwell's cover picture.)

3 hours ago, JillyO said:

The Caldwells certainly have interesting spacing. Kendra and Lauren are clearly very close together, and then I would guess there's about a five-year break to the third-eldest (Micah). Then I'd say there's another maybe four-year break and then three kids (Nathan, Timothy and Olivia) really close together, with a shorter break (maybe two or three years) to Jesiah, their youngest. It's very possible that they didn't become quiverfull until at least Micah, possibly even Nathan. Or maybe they just naturally have a more varied spacing.

(Please note that I don't actually know anyone's ages except for Kendra. I am purely guesstimating the kids' ages based on thr Caldwell's cover picture.)

It's possible they have fertility issues. Fertility can be so weird. Just listen to all the stories of people having a very hard time getting pregnant with their first and get pregnant from one time oops the second time around. Fertility can be unpredictable. 

37 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It's possible they have fertility issues. Fertility can be so weird. Just listen to all the stories of people having a very hard time getting pregnant with their first and get pregnant from one time oops the second time around. Fertility can be unpredictable. 

Or the other way around! I got pregnant unexpectedly as a teenager, and always had very regular cycles until that point. Since then, I've had completely wonky cycles and I don't think I can have a natural pregnancy anymore. I'm pretty sure my pregnancy somehow messed up a lot of things. My sister had two kids but not until her 30s, and she also experienced a lot of health problems afterwards (although obviously not infertility after her first baby, since she had two). For both of us, the problems were a patchwork of autoimmune conditions. If it was only me, I would have thought it was just because I got pregnant so young and hadn't developed the conditions yet, but since my sister experienced something similar in her 30s, I think they were triggered by pregnancy.

11 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

:pb_lol:

You should have seen me earlier this year when Velocibaby wasn't sleeping through the night. I had zero filter and even less sympathy (for people who truly did not deserve sympathy.)

If you say so! I bet Velocibaby would tell a different tale of her mom being incredibly patient with her sleeping habits! (If she could talk.)

That reminds me, I used to sometimes punch the air before going to get my baby when I was so tired I thought I would lose my mind. I had a little silly song I would make myself sing to her though when I picked her up. She has zero recollection of it now but I like to think she has some kind of subconscious remembrance of it (not too much though as it was really stupid and I'm a horrible singer).

Mr. Four worked during the week, but on the weekends, before the babies slept through the night, He Would Get Up With Them. It saved me. I lived for weekends.

21 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yeah this is me and my brother. Took my parents 5 years of trying and surgeries for me and my brother and I are 15 months apart. 

I'd like to believe they just took their time with the kids' spacing. Had two, had some rest (sanity back) , and so on. 

I once saw an episode of A Baby Story where the couple tried for years to have kids they had 1 little girl then triplet girls then 2 more (1 girl and 1 boy). 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived