IGNORED

Tori Bates' courtship- Part 3 Now Engaged - September 2017

samurai_sarah

I guess I'm the only one who thought the camper was cute. Lol! I love tiny spaces and alone time so I'd love to be holed up in there and have that view. Not amongst the Bateses though. 

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/19/2017 at 5:27 PM, GracieLou Free Duggar said:

I thought it was really weird that people were chewing gum in church...
(Michael!!!!) LOL

Jesus wants clean teeth damnit! It's in the bible ;) Totally kidding, and for real, so rude, and my mom would have had a fit about it!

On 7/17/2017 at 10:32 AM, SweetFellowshipper said:

I guess I'm the only one who thought the camper was cute. Lol! I love tiny spaces and alone time so I'd love to be holed up in there and have that view. Not amongst the Bateses though. 

I'm not opposed to the camper for him, or for both of them. But marriage will most likely mean baby within a year or two. A camper isn't enough space to start a family. 

7 hours ago, veron1que said:

I'm not opposed to the camper for him, or for both of them. But marriage will most likely mean baby within a year or two. A camper isn't enough space to start a family. 

Oh, I thought that was just supposed to be his little place until they married?

• 2 weeks later...

Gil & Kelly both said in an interview quite a while back that after Zach's failed courtship they decided to re-evaluate how they did courtships. I think obviously the key rules still apply, but they've always been a much more affectionate family than the Duggers - so it never surprised me that there were full hugs. Keep in mind it's not just the hugging and hand holding - they are also serious snugglers even before engagement. They're one inch away from sitting in each other's laps during seated interviews and the girls are ALWAYS hanging all over their guys and touching them.

I'm a wedding photographer, and so I am familiar with many others within the industry. I remember a videographer I was considering for my own wedding had a couple who waited until the wedding day for their first kiss. This was way before Josh Duggar made it a "thing".

• 2 weeks later...

So Bobbie is going to leave that house in Florida on the lake and go live in that trailer?  And that is what Tori wants? Not to go to Florida and not be too far from her sister and live in probably some comfort but to bring him to Tennessee so he can live in that trailer? 

Nothing against trailers. But my goodness the contrast.  Gil doesn't have property sitting around waiting to stick his son in laws in like Jim Bob...

48 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

So Bobbie is going to leave that house in Florida on the lake and go live in that trailer?  And that is what Tori wants? Not to go to Florida and not be too far from her sister and live in probably some comfort but to bring him to Tennessee so he can live in that trailer? 

Nothing against trailers. But my goodness the contrast.  Gil doesn't have property sitting around waiting to stick his son in laws in like Jim Bob...

I mean, Jim Bob had Ben live in this room while courting Jessa:

Spoiler

598db2471fd83_ScreenShot2017-08-11at6_32_47AM.thumb.png.d0a83e48afeecfc192c8825ac818b58d.png

And mind you those windows didn't look outside, they looked into this:

Spoiler

598db28192ec7_ScreenShot2017-08-11at6_32_23AM.thumb.png.62d4496a78e14f92246cd58095cce589.png

Aside from the fact that Kelton Balka is another Bates boyfriend CLONE
(dark short hair, cheesy grin, muscles....I think they all wanted John Webster and Chad Paine types! lol)

I have to say, I am pleasantly surprised by Kelton, he is getting a degree from PCC, is working for his dad, and is also a certified plumber, with plans to advance his certification. That's not too bad for a fundie!
Before any of us comment about their beliefs, I know....I am discussing his eligibility in the context of their world and their lifestyle, and that's pretty damn good!
Same as Bobby Smith, who seems fairly mature and independent, is hardworking and now educated.
Regardless of our feelings about PCC, it is accredited, and I believe that they will both have benefited from being in a structured, educational environment....with now having skills to apply in a REAL world adult context. They stand a chance!

What does Evan do? Oh yeah.....sings with his family band and helps out at church.....
*crickets*
Carlin is also getting a music ministry degree, so it seems the both of them like to perform, love attention, and think they are going to earn money from that....except neither of them are very educated or have pursued a practical degree.
Tori: majored in education- PRACTICAL
Josie: majored in cosmetology- PRACTICAL
Both can earn guaranteed money from their now qualified skills they will attain.

When you look at the other husbands, it just doesn't compare.....
John Webster? hardworking, has his own business, works 2 jobs with Alyssa
Chad Paine? *see above*
Zach Bates?  UMM YEAH

-All 3 who worked their butts off and did it (mostly) completely on their own from their own maturity and hardwork.

and the boyfriends?
Bobby Smith and Kelton Balka, both have degrees and have opportunities to earn decent money and get real long-lasting jobs IN THEIR OWN RIGHT.

Can you guys tell Evan gets on my nerves???!

If i were Carlin I'd be embarrassed, but i'm sure she's too sheltered and brainwashed to being content and as her  instagram says "i'm just a nobody....blah blah blah quotes about Jesus" 
I just don't see them two doing well.....and  Evan, standing next to those other guys, with his stupid cheesy totally for TV camera attention hogging, I would feel like a silly little boy.....a fool.

21 hours ago, Feministe9000 said:
What does Evan do? Oh yeah.....sings with his family band and helps out at church.....
*crickets*

I'm not an Evan fan either and I don't know if he still works there today but as of this time last year he worked at Northcrest Medical Center in Springfield, TN. He posted a pic of his desk in an office there and it had been decorated by his co-workers for his birthday. So he has at least held a job outside the family music ministry. 9df84b18e9155b3226f398a35b9bc876.jpg
Also, per his instagram he appears to do some of the sound mixing for the group and if nothing else with that experience he could get a job doing that type of thing too. My husband did sound tech at a local dinner theater place here in town for a few after high school until it closed.

13 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

Petty with that Kobe Bryant hashtag because 24 is related to Kobe, not 21.

Ha, that is weird! I'm 24 and hashtagged #kobeyear on my birthday last year. And 23 was MJ year...not sure what's with that.

15 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

Lmao it's because he was turning 21 but his bday is the 24th of august

15 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

Just now, VBOY9977 said:

Lmao it's because he was turning 21 but his bday is the 24th of august

Yep, I was just about to say what @VBOY9977 said. His birthday is August 24th (8/24). Kobe has been both #8 and #24. Hence the hashtag "Kobe Bryant Day."

Thank you guys for the specification! I guess in my head I was like why would he randomly label his 21st at Kobe Bryant day but 8/24 makes a lot more sense now :)

On 8/12/2017 at 11:57 AM, Fluffles said:

Bobby has a degree in miistry - not sure what good that will be, apart from grifting!

Isn't he going to work in that new church Gil is building? 

On 8/11/2017 at 9:35 AM, TuringMachine said:

I mean, Jim Bob had Ben live in this room while courting Jessa:

Hide contents

598db2471fd83_ScreenShot2017-08-11at6_32_47AM.thumb.png.d0a83e48afeecfc192c8825ac818b58d.png

And mind you those windows didn't look outside, they looked into this:

Hide contents

598db28192ec7_ScreenShot2017-08-11at6_32_23AM.thumb.png.62d4496a78e14f92246cd58095cce589.png

Impractical for the winter months, but I guess that was the intent. Give him an uncomfortable place to live in order to get a house.

I think Tori and Bobby are getting engaged at the end of the season. From the "Bringing Up Bates" Wikipedia page:

Uncharted Waters

The Bates family continues their thrill seeking vacation at Adventures on the Gorge, in West Virginia; a high level white water rafting course; Gil is in for a big surprise when Bobby pulls him aside.

That trip to WV was back in early June according to all of their instas... i wonder if he already proposed and they're just waiting to air it on the show like they do with courtships or if he hasn't yet

My strong suspicion is that they are already engaged. Lawson's instagram story from today had them lying together on a lounge chair by the pool. I know they're a pretty touchy-feely couple (by fundie standards) but I have to believe that lying down together like that wouldn't happen if they weren't at least engaged.

9 minutes ago, FundiePrincess said:

My strong suspicion is that they are already engaged. Lawson's instagram story from today had them lying together on a lounge chair by the pool. I know they're a pretty touchy-feely couple (by fundie standards) but I have to believe that lying down together like that wouldn't happen if they weren't at least engaged.

I noticed that too, but I couldn't tell if it was them or not. Pretty scandalous stuff :P

I thought that was Michael and Brandon. I honestly wasn't looking that closely, just noticed that horrible modest swim dress and defaulted to Michael. 

8 hours ago, JoyJoy said:

I think Tori and Bobby are getting engaged at the end of the season. From the "Bringing Up Bates" Wikipedia page:

What I don't understand is that the episode description before this one says that Bobby couldn't make the trip, so how could he pull Gil aside?

1 hour ago, Englandgirl2491 said:

What I don't understand is that the episode description before this one says that Bobby couldn't make the trip, so how could he pull Gil aside?

I think it means he surprised Tori there 

• 2 weeks later...

Based  on this it seems that Tori could be engaged so i will say we should aspect a wedding soon 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20170906-115550.thumb.png.d16838350274ecbb126ace35939fb959.png

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived