IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part Nine: And Baby Makes Four

FundieFarmer

4 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Old person here. I just don't get the backward hat. It certainly doesn't keep the sun out of your eyes. Maybe it's to stop you from becoming a red neck? Clarification needed.

And darn, I am no longer a certified expert in everything.

Young person here. It looks stupid to me, too.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

Then they could accused of channelling NIN ("March of The Pigs"). Oh wait, they wouldn't know who NIN is. 

It was a nice thought, anyways. 

Wouldn't it be great if NIN were purposed to do the opening credits theme for CO....?

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

I don't think they posted one. Jessa said they hadn't had an ultrasound yet when they announced the pregnancy - which is why they wouldn't know how many fetuses there may be.

not posted yet - no time on her hands when organizing jinge's wedding 

she will share when she feels like it :D 

2 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

I mean, obviously the Duggar girls are vampires sucking the youth and beauty out of their husbands, which is why they remain pretty while Ben and Derick waste away. It's that dark ATI magic gleaned from the wisdom booklets.

Anna is also fluent in the dark arts

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I don't think they posted one. Jessa said they hadn't had an ultrasound yet when they announced the pregnancy - which is why they wouldn't know how many fetuses there may be.

Yea that and the fact that Jessa loooovvvesss the extra attention and press she gets from putting the idea of twins on the table. I hope she never ends up having twins.

If she gets twins I hope they're boys, and that they're a total handful. If the next precious blessing is twin boys they can be Wilberforce and Bachham (Army of Pigs and Back Bacon?).

Hopefully they're chummy with Spurgeon and all of them are total hellions. Anything to make the Smugwalds think twice about having more unfortunately named offspring.

13 minutes ago, Bim said:

Yea that and the fact that Jessa loooovvvesss the extra attention and press she gets from putting the idea of twins on the table. I hope she never ends up having twins.

That was what i thought too. I've said on here before (in the erica shupe thread) that twins can make you feel like a rockstar and since these women seem to have kids purely for the attention little babies bring (since they pass them off as soon as they arent babies anymore for the next one) twins are an extra special attention grab. I get so much attention when i leave the house with my boys and jessa would certainly get off on that. 

1 minute ago, Chevreuil said:

That was what i thought too. I've said on here before (in the erica shupe thread) that twins can make you feel like a rockstar and since these women seem to have kids purely for the attention little babies bring (since they pass them off as soon as they arent babies anymore for the next one) twins are an extra special attention grab. I get so much attention when i leave the house with my boys and jessa would certainly get off on that. 

Whoa good on you for having twins! 

Twins also have the added benefit for them of upping their arrow count in their precious quivers. I think Jessa is set on being the next one with an obscene amount of kids thus all the twin and adoption talk. 

6 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Old person here. I just don't get the backward hat. It certainly doesn't keep the sun out of your eyes. Maybe it's to stop you from becoming a red neck? Clarification needed.

And darn, I am no longer a certified expert in everything.

Maybe they were out earlier and he had the hat for sun purposes and just turned it around later. Who knows. But I hate the "look" as well. It irritates me.

It makes me think of this....

dumbhat.jpg

12 hours ago, Chickenbutt said:

Am I crazy or does this look like Jessa? It is actually MMA Fighter Paige Van Zandt. Yes, I watch MMA.

pvz.jpg

Also for me she look a lot like Jessa!  It could be fun if they can excanghe for a day! Can you immagine how shock will be the Duggars? :my_biggrin:

Somebody get Ben a desk job and some Flonase. Stat! 

I wondered about the constant stuffiness.

17 hours ago, Jinder Roles said:

Somebody get Ben a desk job and some Flonase. Stat! 

And some OTC Claritin and a Rx for Singulair. 

19 minutes ago, divadivine said:

And some OTC Claritin and a Rx for Singulair. 

And a pack of condoms.

Hell, someone (not me) should just send the kid a $100 gift card to CVS or something.

57 minutes ago, eyerollsforjesus said:

At least Ben's interests provide enrichment and experiences outside of the compound. 

image.jpeg

Lil homie Spurgeon lol not a name you would associate with rap 

"Lil Homie Spurgeon."

I'm surprised Ben didn't just write that down instead of boring, proletarian "Spurgeon."

Also, I just have to wonder what all his rapper buddies thought when he announced that he had named the fruit of their loins...Spurgeon.

"Lil Homie Spurgeon."

I'm surprised Ben didn't just write that down instead of boring, proletarian "Spurgeon."

Also, I just have to wonder what all his rapper buddies thought when he announced that he had named the fruit of their loins...Spurgeon.

Maybe they're trying to see what rhymes with Spurgeon? Besides surgeon, sturgen....

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 8:13 PM, Chickenbutt said:

Am I crazy or does this look like Jessa? It is actually MMA Fighter Paige Van Zandt. Yes, I watch MMA.

pvz.jpg

Is she from the fundie division of MMA?

lol.....not that I know of. She was wearing a scandalous outfit to fight in. I don't remember seeing NIKE on her clothes. :my_smile:

You know,  as much fun as it is to snark on Ben,  the truth is he is actually doing something that is in direct contradiction to the twisted beliefs of Jimbob's cult.  And, he has taken  Jessa along with him.  So while he has some serious misunderstandings of what it means to be a Christian,  I do see him not completely bowing down to JB.  Unless of course he was ordered to do this, in order to make them seem more approachable. 

Remember he went to a concert this summer with a coed group that didn't include his wife.  And I imagine he probably moved to the beat of the music as well.    The more he interacts with people outside of the duggar compound, quilt, the better I think it will be for him.  Jessa, I think will have trouble keeping up with it. 

I think Ben is likely to grow and mature and be more diversified in his interests.  Where as i feel like Jessa is as self actualized as she is likely to get for awhile. 

2 hours ago, Trynn said:

Maybe they're trying to see what rhymes with Spurgeon? Besides surgeon, sturgen....

Mergin', purgin', aversion....

I will say that Ben seems at least a little interested in things/people outside the Duggar bubble. Maybe not very far outside the bubble. But a tiny, tiny bit. That's still more interest than we've really seen from any of the Duggar kids.

But overall...I think Ben is kind of a boob.

I think he is too, but I just don't think he is fully matured yet.  He rushed into this situation with strong encouragement from his parents, who apparently had their own agenda, imo. 

I am not saying that Ben is a genius or anything and I really can't get on board with his preaching.  The guy can barely speak in full sentences on camera, which doesn't bode well for him as a working minister, if that is his goal. 

I just think that we all had hopes that Derick would lead Jill away from the cult and we all pretty much expected Ben to just role completely over and let JB own him.  I see some bits of rebellion in Ben. But,  it is important to remember that he can't stray too far from the core, because JB still owns his home, provides him his job and so on. 

As to Derick,  hard to know if he took his wife and son and ran to CA to put some distance between Jill and her parents, or if he really is a dimwitted 'missionary' with little offer. 

10 hours ago, eyerollsforjesus said:

At least Ben's interests provide enrichment and experiences outside of the compound. 

image.jpeg

They both have a slightly amused look on their faces, if it is not partly due to the fact that they are thinking "I can't believe this cute kid is named Spurgeon" I would be surprised. Lil homie Baby Spurgeon... Haha! It is just the ugliest name I have heard in decades and I will never stop being surprised they could choose something this bad for him. For baby 2 I hope for a better name but for poor Spurgeon his name will sound even worse if that happens. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived