IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part Nine: And Baby Makes Four

FundieFarmer

6 minutes ago, carebaer said:

Clearly Lochte is an example of someone who is likely never to grow up, but I highly doubt he's going to end up in jail.  It's not worth it to Brazil to attempt to extradite an American citizen over a false police report.  I'm sure, despite protests about it being his travel plan all along, that that is exactly why Lochte got out of Brazil when he did.  That is, I think his lawyer is smarter than he is and got him out of there.  He can afford to pay a large fine and afford to pay a lawyer to appear on his behalf and negotiate one.   Then he'll go on being Lochte.

Yeah Lochtie, won't go back to Brazil and Brazil won't give a rats back side if he pays them enough. But if were Lochtie's 2 cohorts in crime who are stuck in Brazil I'd be PISSED! 

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Have you tried cleaning your home just for the sake of cleaning it? There's nothing that feels more grown up than that :pb_lol:

I did! That mostly made me feel like my mom. :/

I *did* get really excited about buying a chest freezer, so I'm making progress. 

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Yeah Lochtie, won't go back to Brazil and Brazil won't give a rats back side if he pays them enough. But if were Lochtie's 2 cohorts in crime who are stuck in Brazil I'd be PISSED! 

They were only delayed a couple days.  The two who chose not to lie to the police were forced to give statements and then allowed to leave.  Feigen who did give a statement and at least left out key elements if he did not outright lie did have a court date and paid like an $11,000 fine and was then also free to leave.  (Although I would still be pissed even just being pulled off the plane.)

so i read the people magazine tiny article about the seewalds - they discuss blessings and adoptions 

nothing new - they want a lot of kids and want to adopt 

the only thing that i wondered about is the picture - does "jinge" get money from anyone when they publish her photo? 

cause they credit her and TLC 

Giving credit doesn't necessarily mean she's paid for the image. I don't know the ins and outs of copyright law, but it is possible for an image to be used with attribution but without compensation.

I'd like to think she's been paid, but I wouldn't be surprised if she "felt called" [by JB] to share the pictures for free.

7 hours ago, KnittingOwl said:

I did! That mostly made me feel like my mom. :/

I *did* get really excited about buying a chest freezer, so I'm making progress. 

I have a cleaning lady - that makes me feel grown up :D

I imagine that if anyone got paid for the photographs it was JB and not Jinger.  Even if Jinger's name was on the check,  I strongly suspect that JB controls the money for all.  I think all money earned from the show probably goes to something like Duggar Inc and then the kids of majority get some sort of a stipend for their time.  JB is not about to let anyone, other than maybe JD, but especially not the girls,  earn independent money

On 8/23/2016 at 9:37 AM, tabitha2 said:

He is her husband, BC is evil to them, and she can't exactly  not have sex for the rest of her married life.  

why not refrain from sex       ?

This photo just showed up on my instagram feed. I'm quite impressed that Jessa managed to hide that bump until recently.

She looks lovely and I adore that top. Can't find anything to snark at!

Screenshot_20160827-210044.png

Old person here. I just don't get the backward hat. It certainly doesn't keep the sun out of your eyes. Maybe it's to stop you from becoming a red neck? Clarification needed.

And darn, I am no longer a certified expert in everything.

7 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Old person here. I just don't get the backward hat. It certainly doesn't keep the sun out of your eyes. Maybe it's to stop you from becoming a red neck? Clarification needed.

And darn, I am no longer a certified expert in everything.

Ben's look from the neck up is full of mixed messages. The backwards hat says wannabe rapper (or teenager), the helmet hair says JimBoob Jr, the wire framed glasses look scholarly, the scruffy beard is to give him the illusion of age and wisdom, the eyes say stoner.

Very pretty picture of Jessa.  I think her face looks better when it is more filled out.  Ben,  well,  Not to be too superficial here, but what the hell...  He has really lost his looks.  I remember when he first came on the scene, and I thought he was a nice looking kid.  I can't explain what has happened to him.  When he speaks, he sounds chronically congested.  And the circles and discoloration around his eyes makes me think he must always be in a state of  having sinusitis or something.  It certainly seems to have aged his face.  or something.    I know he works out and he seems fit and interested in eating healthy, but I wish he could get his allergies or whatever the deal is under control.  Maybe he and Jessa should move to Phoenix, where the allergy index is low most of the time to see if that would help him. 

Ben's allergies may not take well to lawn-boy and/or property renovation assignments.  If that's part of the problem, a mask would probably help.  Wonder if that has occurred to any of them.

On 8/25/2016 at 5:51 PM, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Wilberforce could be shortened to Wilbur- like the pig from Charlotte's Web.

Wiberforce=Army of Pigs

Then they could accused of channelling NIN ("March of The Pigs"). Oh wait, they wouldn't know who NIN is. 

It was a nice thought, anyways. 

This also reminds me of "Animal Farm" (was that written by George Orwell?; haven't read it since high school, & that was many moons ago). They probably wouldn't have read that, I'm sure. 

Weird how the mind goes all over the place, isn't it?

I think we can say with confidence that none of the Duggar originals have heard of NIN.  Ben and Derick maybe, and surely Jeremy has

33 minutes ago, calimojo said:

I think we can say with confidence that none of the Duggar originals have heard of NIN.  Ben and Derick maybe, and surely Jeremy has

"Meet our sons! This is Spurgeon, named after our favorite Christian Hero, and this is Reznor, named after some Sick Beats"

I mean, obviously the Duggar girls are vampires sucking the youth and beauty out of their husbands, which is why they remain pretty while Ben and Derick waste away. It's that dark ATI magic gleaned from the wisdom booklets.

I vaguely remember the house that Ben and Jessa live in having mouldy problems in the past.  Maybe these issues have not been completely dealt with and he is allergic to the house.

Ben get tested for your allergies.  Mould, grass etc allergies mean JB as employer and landlord may need to find a different home and job for Ben.

I also hate the hat.

Jessa looks great. That top is really cute. And I'm amazed that she hid her bump so well. 

Ben looks like he's suffering from bad environmental allergies. Get some HEPA filters, get allergy tested, and have your house checked for mold! Living like that is miserable. 

Maybe the backwards hat is so that we can see his shining countenance. Or is that only for females?

Good grief. I googled Duggar (which I frequently do), and some source is talking about Jessa having triplets. So they've moved from twin baiting to triplet baiting? I believe the Seewalds posted an anatomy scan ultrasound, it should be possible to tell from that pic that here is only one baby, right?

2 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Good grief. I googled Duggar (which I frequently do), and some source is talking about Jessa having triplets. So they've moved from twin baiting to triplet baiting? I believe the Seewalds posted an anatomy scan ultrasound, it should be possible to tell from that pic that here is only one baby, right?

I don't think they posted one. Jessa said they hadn't had an ultrasound yet when they announced the pregnancy - which is why they wouldn't know how many fetuses there may be.

I don't get why they always act like twins are just as likely as a singleton. They do have a higher than average chance of having twins, but it's certainly not guaranteed.

My great-grandmother was a twin and had two sets of fraternal twins (including my grandmother) among her 8 children. None of her many descendants so far have had fraternal twins. My mom, who had fraternal twins on both her parents' sides, did have twins and everyone thought that the family twin history had finally taken affect, but those twins turned out to be identical. Identical twins are totally random (unless you use IVF, but I don't think they know why implanted embryos are more likely to twin) and don't run in families at all.

Anyway, twins aren't really that uncommon even in young women with no family history of twins, so one of the Duggar girls could certainly have twins (in a few decades when there many dozens of Duggar grandchildren I'm sure there will be twins in there somewhere), but for some reason it really annoys me that they act like twins are likely.

Edit: Of course, then there are families like this one!

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived