IGNORED

Marjorie Writes a Book on Love

goldfishgoddess

Marjorie is posing with Doug the Deer, an "unofficial mascot" of John Brown U. in Siloam Springs, AR.

Hmmm. I hope this means she is going to attend, or at least take some classes at, John Brown U.

PS I am disappointed to just learn that John Brown U isn't named after the more famous John Brown.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the link above says they've moved away from fundamentalism and it's ACCREDITED. Go, girl, go! Get your degree and run far, far, away from the Duggars and Sierra. 

34 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Marjorie is posing with Doug the Deer, an "unofficial mascot" of John Brown U. in Siloam Springs, AR.

Hmmm. I hope this means she is going to attend, or at least take some classes at, John Brown U.

PS I am disappointed to just learn that John Brown U isn't named after the more famous John Brown.

That looks like their emblem on her lanyard and a student ID attached. My undergrad gave that to all freshmen, too. Looks like it could be true. What town is she from? Probably still living at home, though.  

1 hour ago, Casserole said:

the link above says they've moved away from fundamentalism and it's ACCREDITED. Go, girl, go! Get your degree and run far, far, away from the Duggars and Sierra. 

That looks like their emblem on her lanyard and a student ID attached. My undergrad gave that to all freshmen, too. Looks like it could be true. What town is she from? Probably still living at home, though.  

I dont know... looks like she's still wearing a purity ring!

3 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Marjorie going to an accredited Christian college (less than 20 miles from Springdale, so I bet she's living at home)  & still wearing a purity ring is still a MILLION times better than what she'd probably be TODAY if she and Josiah hadn't broken up: A stayathome, married, pregnant teenager.

7 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Yeah.. I don't expect her to fly to coop any time soon, especially if mom and dad are footing the bill for college. Though, she does work and may be contributing/paying/using student loans. 

But the fact that she could have married into the Duggar family and is instead working at Chik-fil-a, which is very Christian but not all the customers are - baby step, going to an accredited Christian college that has publicly stated is moving away from fundamentalism, and meeting people outside the family bubble makes me so happy. AND she instagrammed herself in leggings and a shoulder bearing tank top. 

Now, I won't be falling out of my chair with excitement until she proclaims support for the gays, states she's pro-choice, a feminist, and is voting for Hilary... but not being a married Duggar-baby-making-machine by 19? It's good. 

7 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Aren't purity rings used in more fundie-lite circles, too, though?

That said, they probably haven't moved super far away from those beliefs, if at all. But almost anything's better than being another Duggar bride at 19. She also appears to be wearing pretty normal college kid clothes. 

Even if she only got the book published because of the Duggar name/recognition by association, she's actually quite smart and savvy to use that as a means to make herself some money. I have to say that Marjorie actually seems like she could be quite an intelligent young lady, she is very well spoken for her age and I believe she is bilingual. 

I'm glad to see she is at school. She's probably always going to be a conservative Christian, but given that she has a job, will hopefully get a degree, writes books and marks lettering/art projects........she's in a much better position than if she had of followed through with marrying Josiah. When she gets married, she'll be getting married as a woman who has had some life experiences and is able to work to help provide for the family, which is way better than getting married as sheltered kid to another sheltered kid with a controlling father. 

Girl dodged a bullet. Good for her. 

Now she just has to return to the Duggars and start white-anting from within with her pants-wearing, degree-getting ways!  

Her latest Instagram mentions her "roomie" - it sounds like she is indeed living away from home for college! Was this girl really dating a duggar this time last year?!

She's definitely in college now according to the hashtags on the paint war photo. A nice step in the right direction for someone sort of in the Duggar circle. 

Is that the same college that Krista (also in Duggar circle) went to? I think she's in law school in NY or somewhere now.

24 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

Is that the same college that Krista (also in Duggar circle) went to? I think she's in law school in NY or somewhere now.

You would be correct! :)  

Given Duggar timelines, it's possible she could have already had a kid by now, had things not ended. Hard to believe she's living in the dorms at a real college, wearing shorts. It all seems so normal.

When we were first introduced to Marjorie, she was wearing pants. The more she hung around with the Duggars, the more long skirts appeared. There was some snark that she was just after the fame. That courting pic with the vase of flowers did look awkward. I think (hope) that after she really saw the Duggar brand of crazy she decided to call it off.

Anyway, Marjorie is doing what we hoped some of the Duggar girls  would do. I haven't forgotten that Joe went to Clown, though we're not sure why.  :sigh:

Glad to see she is in college.  Certainly better than possibly being married into that dysfunctional mess of a family and pregnant by now.

I will always wonder what made her call it off to Josiah.  Hard to know if she was into the fame, or the family or Josiah himself.  I hope her eyes were opened a bit when the scandals hit.  It might not have been fair to Josiah as he can't help what happened, but the WTF factor should have real strong nonetheless.

ETA: And yeah, that courting pic was all kinds of awkward.  She looks far more at ease in the picture above, which tells me something.

5 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

I will always wonder what made her call it off to Josiah.  Hard to know if she was into the fame, or the family or Josiah himself.  I hope her eyes were opened a bit when the scandals hit.  It might not have been fair to Josiah as he can't help what happened, but the WTF factor should have real strong nonetheless.

I think it was absolutely the best thing for Josiah, not to be married and a father at age 20, with no discernible means of supporting a family, and no opportunities to live away from the boys' bedroom except for his stints at ALERT.  It doesn't matter why she did it, it was so the right decision for both of them.

16 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

I haven't forgotten that Joe went to Clown, though we're not sure why.  :sigh:

I always thought that was nothing more than a Duggar "F U Internet" moment.

"Look!  We do too let our kids go to college!"  :neener:

Alas though, it was only one class & one semester.

On Wednesday, August 31, 2016 at 5:02 PM, HereticHick said:

Marjorie going to an accredited Christian college (less than 20 miles from Springdale, so I bet she's living at home)  & still wearing a purity ring is still a MILLION times better than what she'd probably be TODAY if she and Josiah hadn't broken up: A stayathome, married, pregnant teenager.

See that Duggars freedom doesn't mean sex

You know what would be great? If after she graduates she starts DATING Josiah and breaks him out of the fundie mold. They could be a normal, young mainstream-conservative couple. And she could have a normal job, while he either drives trucks or is a SAHD

Free Josiah!:fire-nanner:

I feel like it would be pretty tough to get him out these days--I noticed last night that he's the only brother who doesn't act completeky miserable during his talking heads. I guess his latest round of post-breakup fundie brainwashing really stuck this time. 

Archived