IGNORED

Marjorie Writes a Book on Love

goldfishgoddess

Back to books here for a second, I was taking an AP US History/American Lit class in high school so we read along with that point in history. The Scarlet Letter, Gatsby, Lords of Discipline. Then I took Shakespeare as a senior "blow off" class and ended up really enjoying Othello. I could scarf down a VC Andrews in like 2 hours flat. Now I like Nora Roberts and Sandra Brown's more mystery oriented stories.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the end of the day, she's no doubt another homophobic/transphobic Christian who wants to force rape victims to keep their pregnancies, but I still can't help but be glad she dodged the Duggar bullet. She at least seems to have some spark for someone who runs in the sort of circles where she'd have met the Duggars and I'm glad it is not going to beaten out of her by Kim Jong Boob. She's much better off marrying a 'normal' conservative Christian than marrying into the Duggar family. 

On 6/3/2016 at 9:14 AM, Bushes of Love said:

I love talking about books, I've got about 1000 of them crammed into my tiny 1 bedrom flat.

My favourite books are the Harry Potter ones. I basically finish the series and then go straight back to the Philosiphers Stone and start again. I'm also mad on history books and biographies, I'm currently reading Marie Antoinette's biography.

Those who have read the Sweet Valley High books, check out this website - https://thedairiburger.com/the-full-list/ it's all the books reviewed in a snarky hilarious way.

Are you reading the Antonia Fraser biography of Marie Antoinette? History Chicks recommended it and I've been dying to read it (though of course it's on a list with eleventy other books).

Also, similar to Sweet Valley High snark, there was/is (not sure how LiveJournal is faring these days) a LiveJournal community where people just reviewed the Babysitter's Club books. Finally, I found other people who agreed that Karen was a demon child and Kristy was totes gay.

6 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Are you reading the Antonia Fraser biography of Marie Antoinette? History Chicks recommended it and I've been dying to read it (though of course it's on a list with eleventy other books).

Also, similar to Sweet Valley High snark, there was/is (not sure how LiveJournal is faring these days) a LiveJournal community where people just reviewed the Babysitter's Club books. Finally, I found other people who agreed that Karen was a demon child and Kristy was totes gay.

It is the Antonia Fraser one. Read it when you can because it's fascinating.

12 hours ago, LawsonBatesEgo said:

At the end of the day, she's no doubt another homophobic/transphobic Christian who wants to force rape victims to keep their pregnancies, but I still can't help but be glad she dodged the Duggar bullet. She at least seems to have some spark for someone who runs in the sort of circles where she'd have met the Duggars and I'm glad it is not going to beaten out of her by Kim Jong Boob. She's much better off marrying a 'normal' conservative Christian than marrying into the Duggar family. 

Kim Jong Bob is officially my favorite snark name for JB. Thank you for that.

Love it, Kim Jong Bob. Just as living in the TTH is similar to some aspects of life in the DPRK.

On 6/15/2016 at 1:11 AM, LawsonBatesEgo said:

At the very least, she put off bringing more homophobic jerks into the world for a few more years by not marrying Josiah. Think of the hateful Duggars that weren't made!

43 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Why isn't the book stuff in a separate thread. It has nothing to do with Marjoire

Thanks to the person who actually posted about her new online shop.

Thread drift is a part of the board culture. You've been around long enough to know that. If you want to discuss the topic, post something interesting and relevant, and talk will circle back around to the topic.

On 6/15/2016 at 3:02 AM, nastyhobbitses said:

Omg please link me to the BSC one

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/06/2016 at 0:11 AM, LawsonBatesEgo said:

Yep, and it's nice to see her do normal teenager things like take pictures with her sister rather than be popping out a kid every 2 years.

On 7/13/2016 at 11:29 PM, Arix said:

Yep, and it's nice to see her do normal teenager things like take pictures with her sister rather than be popping out a kid every 2 years.

In her latest Instagram posts, she seems to be still working at Chik-fil-a, is studying Portuguese & recently tried octopus at a restaurant. I'm so glad she dodged the Duggar bullet.

Just coming here to post the same thing... I don't know if she dodged the bullet after all. So many questions... Are she and Josiah back together? Did the Duggar scandals not make her think twice about this crazy ass family? So strange.

9 minutes ago, SunnySideUp said:

Just coming here to post the same thing... I don't know if she dodged the bullet after all. So many questions... Are she and Josiah back together? Did the Duggar scandals not make her think twice about this crazy ass family? So strange.

In March(?) Josiah said he and Marjorie were on a break . I think it was in a People magazine interview. 

In March(?) Josiah said he and Marjorie were on a break . I think it was in a People magazine interview. 

I think that many here thought that "calling it quits for a bit" and seeing what happens was a nice way of saying it was over... I thought her parents might have realized the poison that was the Duggar family. I really hope the two don't get back together, but even if they don't, she's clearly still being influenced by Jessa and Sierra.

1 minute ago, SunnySideUp said:

I think that many here thought that "calling it quits for a bit" and seeing what happens was a nice way of saying it was over... I thought her parents might have realized the poison that was the Duggar family. I really hope the two don't get back together, but even if they don't, she's clearly still being influenced by Jessa and Sierra.

I found the tread where we discussed the People interview: 

I was surprised that she was still hanging around the Duggars after the courtship ended/scandals. She's been seen at events with the Duggars since last fall.

34 minutes ago, Kira said:

I was surprised that she was still hanging around the Duggars after the courtship ended/scandals. She's been seen at events with the Duggars since last fall.

she wants to be near the Godly mothers of Jessa, Tacos 4  life chickie and Sierra the uber mother to be 

1 hour ago, Kira said:

She is not letting go that easy! Scandal is old news, Jinger has diverted everyone's attention, and now it's safe to go back into the water.

If not I wonder if it's painful for Josiah that she hangs around with them. Seems like it would be, especially considering how young they are.

On June 1, 2016 at 5:06 PM, 19 cats and counting said:

Am I wrong for giving Marjorie praise again?

For a girl who just graduated high school, she seems to have a pretty firm head on her shoulders.  She's working a fast-food job (as many her age do), writing a book, and now has an online store.

I'll take that over the next Duggar wife (and pregnant) any day.  She dodged a bullet.

I guess I'm going to sound like 'bitch eating crackers' here. Maybe I'm just being sentimental. My eldest just graduated high school. I watched the ceremony thinking of how many of those kids I have known since preschool. I have been to school plays, art shows, and seen incredible service projects, those kids are amazing and talented and driven. She isn't doing anything I haven't seen other people her age doing. Perhaps it's great as far as fundie homeschooled kids go. Maybe she will take the place of the Botkinettes. I think it's great she has a shop and all. I have seen more or less the exact same things at Hobby Lobby. Seems like a good little side job for a fundie wife. Perhsps I am missing your point entirely.

Am I the only one dying of cuteness? Look at Elliot and Edyn looking at each other. I hope they escape together in 20 years.

3 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Am I the only one dying of cuteness? Look at Elliot and Edyn looking at each other. I hope they escape together in 20 years.

I'm so jaded, I looked at that and already thought "they'll be arraigned  a courtship. 

I'm a bit surprised Marjorie is hanging around the Duggars again too, unless Kim Jong Boob is trying to get her and Josiah back together. 

I love that Marjorie seems to be taking full advantage of wearing pants among her Duggar and Duggarish friends. She has the coolest pose in the pic, by far.

13 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

I guess I'm going to sound like 'bitch eating crackers' here. Maybe I'm just being sentimental. My eldest just graduated high school. I watched the ceremony thinking of how many of those kids I have known since preschool. I have been to school plays, art shows, and seen incredible service projects, those kids are amazing and talented and driven. She isn't doing anything I haven't seen other people her age doing. Perhaps it's great as far as fundie homeschooled kids go. Maybe she will take the place of the Botkinettes. I think it's great she has a shop and all. I have seen more or less the exact same things at Hobby Lobby. Seems like a good little side job for a fundie wife. Perhsps I am missing your point entirely.

We aren't comparing her to mainstream kids like your eldest or her classmates. We are comparing Marjorie's current life to what her life might be TODAY if she had continued courting Josiah. They started courting about 16 months ago.  By Duggar or Bates timeline standards, if they had stayed together, they would most likely have married this spring or summer, and there would be a very good chance that  18-year old Marjorie would already be pregnant, or would fall pregnant in another cycle or two.  

She would not be working--she probably would have quit her job to plan the wedding. She probably would not have a book contract  (which I believe is rather unusual for even mainstream 18 year olds). She probably would not have an online store. She would be too busy filming, and babysitting Duggar and Sierra spawn.  And there is a very good chance that she would have been "convicted" to wear pants by now--at least on camera and around her in-laws.

11 hours ago, HereticHick said:

She probably would not have a book contract  (which I believe is rather unusual for even mainstream 18 year olds).

Do you think she would have a book contract if she were not associated with the Duggars? 

I would rather she wrote about romantic love than Agape. I think it's incredibly arrogant  of her to write a book about that. She just repeats the stuff that has been drilled into her since she was a baby. Nothing original or with substance.  she is a Smuggar in the making. Maybe she will run off with Ben he likes to preach too. They can be a real power couple and start a mega church together.

9 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

Do you think she would have a book contract if she were not associated with the Duggars? 

Yes. Her first book was published in 2013, long before we knew her name. 

Edited to say never mind - first book was self published. My mistake. I still think the current publisher would have taken her on without the Duggar name, though. Especially since it's a half-coloring book. Given the sales of her first book and the current coloring book market, and I think it'll sell. 

Archived