IGNORED

Marjorie Writes a Book on Love

goldfishgoddess

3 minutes ago, MadeItOut said:

Can't recall offhand - there's a few references, such as the attack on the four year old he was supposed to have moved her knickers to touch her. I am haunted by that one a lot. 

I don't remember ever hearing or reading anything like that. Do you recall where you heard this? Everything stated in the police reports and interviews, in my recollection, indicated that the touching occurred over the clothes (or underwear).

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm thinking* earlier coverage - perhaps also Meagan Kelly... Fuzzy on details, sorry. The only reason they've stuck is the horrific ickyness...

*allowing for ABI and hoping against hope that I'm wrong.

On 6/9/2017 at 5:32 PM, Pasta said:

I'm interested in the life of Jenny. Either she hates getting photos taken of her or she seems upset all the time. I hope they're not using their old ways on her. And I really hope it's just that she hates getting photos

She has had a constant head tilt with squinted eyes and a semi-pained expression since she was old enough to be told to "pose" for photos... all signs of a kid who most likely needs glasses and probably has chronic headaches to go with her poor vision. Sorry for the armchair diagnosis, though I thought the Duggars did post a photo of her once finally wearing glasses, but they have obviously never been seen again. Unless that was another kid? IDK. Memory is hazy.

Of course, the sun could be in her eyes here and she may just not want to be in the picture, but this isn't a one time thing as far as her facial expressions.  

1 hour ago, Casserole said:

She has had a constant head tilt with squinted eyes and a semi-pained expression since she was old enough to be told to "pose" for photos... all signs of a kid who most likely needs glasses and probably has chronic headaches to go with her poor vision. Sorry for the armchair diagnosis, though I thought the Duggars did post a photo of her once finally wearing glasses, but they have obviously never been seen again. Unless that was another kid? IDK. Memory is hazy.

Of course, the sun could be in her eyes here and she may just not want to be in the picture, but this isn't a one time thing as far as her facial expressions.  

Quoting myself because it's too late to edit, but yes it was Jenni who needed glasses.. yet where are they now? I doubt Boob splurged to get her contacts and that constant strain to see has got to be uncomfortable for her. There could always be other things going on too, since she does always look sad, but the needing glasses always stuck out to me most. 

1417624025.png

1 hour ago, Casserole said:

....There could always be other things going on too, since she does always look sad, but the needing glasses always stuck out to me most. 

What do you expect? Her real mother married Der-wreck and off she went to sintral 'murrica. Her replacement mother married Austin a few weeks ago and is busy fellowshipping sweetly. Now one would think she has a birth mother, but you rarely see them interact and I doubt Michelle knows anything about Jenni besides "she is so stoic!". 

4 hours ago, Casserole said:

Quoting myself because it's too late to edit, but yes it was Jenni who needed glasses.. yet where are they now? I doubt Boob splurged to get her contacts and that constant strain to see has got to be uncomfortable for her. There could always be other things going on too, since she does always look sad, but the needing glasses always stuck out to me most. 

But @Casserole, this family is all about the countenance of their girls, and glasses would take away from her countenance. (In my Duggar snarking voice) Who cares if she can really see comfortably? It only matters that she is a beautiful girl and a good helpmeet in training.

@Casserole I think its more likely that the TTH is chaotic and no one is making her find/wear her glasses.  PLus she looks quite a bit younger in the picture you posted so it could be that the prescription is out of date.

If anything, us commenting on this may get the family to find her glasses and get her to wear them.

She probably lost them. The family's lack of organization is a contributor to lost things (Joy's other shoe, for example). I was horrified by the shoe pile. 

I've always worried about Jenny. 

She seemed to appear from nowhere.  The TTH was built. Johannah was the first baby to occupy the cot in the space in Jbob and Meechelles room. 

Jordyn arrived, but some how Jenny's birth was missed? Really quite strange. 

8 hours ago, Casserole said:

1417624025.png

I vaguely remember a while ago - around the time Joy was video calling Jill to help her pick out frames, that there was a conversation in the car between Joy and Jenny on a theme of 'she doesn't like wearing them and hides/forgets them'. IIRC there was some concern from Joy to try to work out why Jenny disliked them so much and it kinda seemed like she was close to opening up on it.

5 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

I've always worried about Jenny. 

She seemed to appear from nowhere.  The TTH was built. Johannah was the first baby to occupy the cot in the space in Jbob and Meechelles room. 

Jordyn arrived, but some how Jenny's birth was missed? Really quite strange. 

Jenni's birth was covered in a special that aired between the last cluster of TLC hour "specials" that aired in 2006 and the premiere of 17 Kids and Counting in lateish 2008. Too lazy to look, but IIRC, Jenni was born 8/07. 

• 2 weeks later...

Re: childhood glasses.

It is possible that her eyesight corrected itself.

MiniCoveredInBees wore glasses on and off for about 5 years or so (literally one year she would have them and then the next she wouldn't) and she doesn't wear them now, it was more to do with getting headaches (slightly longsighted) than having really poor vision.

or it could just be lazy parenting ;) 

Since we're mentioning Jenni from the picture, not to cause too much drift but I'm actually gobsmacked by Hannie. She is not a little girl anymore!! She's growing up fast. She's very lovely, I hope she's getting experiences fit for her age and not still being "grouped" with the "little girls." It would take too long for Josie to catch up and Hannie needs to experience pre teen things now, like....well like friends I guess 

@habert unfortunately, her no longer being a little girl means the experiences fit for her age as a preteen means picking up more slack in the house. Now she's the 2nd oldest girl, her responsibilities are likely to increase dramatically.

:crying-blue:

2 hours ago, CoveredInBees said:

MiniCoveredInBees wore glasses on and off for about 5 years or so (literally one year she would have them and then the next she wouldn't) and she doesn't wear them now, it was more to do with getting headaches (slightly longsighted) than having really poor vision.

That was the case for me as a kid. I got glasses in 2nd grade because I was getting headaches while reading. By about 4th grade I no longer needed them. Then around 9th grade I needed them again because the blackboard was getting blurry and hard for me to see- so I went from far sighted to short sighted. Unfortunately that never corrected itself and I now wear glasses daily and it seems like my prescription strength gets bumped up every couple of years. 

On Jenni: there was an episode about her and Joy picking out new glasses for Joy, and she brought Jenni along because she didn't want to wear her own glasses. I really wonder about Jenni from time to time, I'm probably not allowed to speculate but I have my own little diagnosis for her based on my views over the years. Jenni is also one that wanted to be a Vet if I remember correctly. I wonder at what age do they tell the girls that nope, all you get to be is a wife and mother? 

Hannie, is definately taking over as sistermom now that Joy is gone. So no experiences for girls her age! 

And I really want to see Jordyn or Jenni as a flower girl next time, not Josie. 

I am guessing the reason Majorie courtship did not work out with Josiah because she appears to have talents that far exceed Josiah's ability to whistle.

• 1 month later...
On 6/30/2017 at 10:07 AM, CoveredInBees said:

Jenni doe not like her glasses,and does not want to wear them.

On 03/07/2017 at 3:44 PM, sunshine said:

I am guessing the reason Majorie courtship did not work out with Josiah because she appears to have talents that far exceed Josiah's ability to whistle.

The ability to whistle...lol...uk show called Coupling...whistle means something very différent!!!!

My boss finally got glasses after years of complaining about poor eye sight.

He didn't like how he looked in them so instead he just got himself a 32" computer monitor.

He says he can see better now, wonder why?!

*Facepalm*

Archived