IGNORED

Now Scheduling for Summer: Erika Shupe (pt. 7)

SpoonfulOSugar

8 hours ago, themothership said:

So the children aren't allowed to dress up for Halloween but Erika is allowed to dress up and go to a costume party?

I don't really see a contradiction, given that the reason they don't celebrate Halloween is because they think it's a day that honors Satan, not because they're opposed to dress-up in any form. Maybe if the costume party was a Satanist gala, lol.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I now took the time to read the potty training post and as usual Erika found a very tedious and complicated method in my opinion in particular since she waits for so long to do potty training anyway. Most kids are ready on their own by that time and you don't really need to do that much more than removing a diaper and try to get them to go potty at the right time. 

5 minutes ago, elliha said:

I now took the time to read the potty training post and as usual Erika found a very tedious and complicated method in my opinion in particular since she waits for so long to do potty training anyway. Most kids are ready on their own by that time and you don't really need to do that much more than removing a diaper and try to get them to go potty at the right time. 

Maybe that's the way you have to do it if you customarily keep the bathroom door locked. Erika is the one who does this, isn't she, or am I mixing her up with someone else?

Just now, refugee said:

Maybe that's the way you have to do it if you customarily keep the bathroom door locked. Erika is the one who does this, isn't she, or am I mixing her up with someone else?

Yes, it is claimed that she locks the bathroom door but I am not sure if this is a sometimes thing or an everyday thing or if it is all bathrooms. I think that this might be a slightly overblown thing from FJ but I am sure she has done this from time to time for a reason or two.

1 hour ago, elliha said:

Yes, it is claimed that she locks the bathroom door but I am not sure if this is a sometimes thing or an everyday thing or if it is all bathrooms. I think that this might be a slightly overblown thing from FJ but I am sure she has done this from time to time for a reason or two.

I think she did it to keep one of the boys- I think Tyler- out of the bathroom when he was younger, as he often played with the toilet or something.

2 hours ago, elliha said:

I think that she has since deleted the blog post that had it. It was in one of the scheduling posts.  She says she locks the bathroom from 4-6pm daily while she is cooking dinner so she doesn't have to monitor the kids during that time.  

And then as @mango_fandango said there was an incident where a little one was playing in the toilet so she locked the bathroom for a while during that time.  This incident was discussed in previous threads (can't remember which) if you're curious. 

On 5/22/2016 at 3:40 AM, elliha said:

They children are not banned from playing dress-up, they are just not celebrating Halloween. They seem to have a lot of dress-up clothes in fact.

Yes, and they can use them from 10:45-11:26am on Tuesdays and from 1:00-:1:48pm on Fridays. Not a minute more or less!

Let us all be thankful that, unlike her Maxwell idols, Erika lets her children actually dress up. And not like Lolly the Terrifying Clown. Let's definitely not imagine a world with multiple Lolly's roaming fairgrounds all over the country with promises of hellfire, damnation, and burritos...

I remembered Erika was into tennis, but it looks like she's gotten the whole family into hitting balls with tennis rackets. I have to wonder if she reads FJ (she definitely knows about us) and has taken the criticisms about the lack of exercise seriously. Or maybe I'm just reading too much into a family fun photo.

5 minutes ago, Antimony said:

Taking advantage of the evil public school tennis courts, too, I see. 

The Shupes continue to benefit from the existence of public schools, but their official stance is that these places shouldn't exist. It makes no sense!

Just now, Eternalbluepearl said:

The Shupes continue to benefit from the existence of public schools, but their official stance is that these places shouldn't exist. It makes no sense!

God forbid they have to actually pay for a private court per hour or an expensive price for year long access.

It's almost like public schools are providing....a public service. I'm shocked!

That tennis photo was very revealing. Brandon, at 13, seems like he is a bit shorter than 10-year old Anna Marie. I think they should be doing a medical evaluation on that child. I hope they are.

And of course the dog is there. Would a dog actually be allowed on the courts? Whatever, someone will be on dog duty whilst the others play. Unless they tie him to a fence or something.

And interesting about using public school courts. That kind of thing doesn't really happen over here. Then again, loads of state schools had their playing fields sold off. My local park has loads of courts... but then again, my town does host a world famous tennis tournament. (Giving away my location there... is that OK on FJ? I suppose I've seen others stating where they live I guess)

When I was growing up, the public school tennis courts were available for public use outside of school hours or an event.  I believe there was a tennis team, but not sure their practice/match schedule.  

I have no idea if that is still the case or if the courts even exist (they did a renovation).  I'll check it out next time I go to my hometown.

11 hours ago, Hisey said:

That tennis photo was very revealing. Brandon, at 13, seems like he is a bit shorter than 10-year old Anna Marie. I think they should be doing a medical evaluation on that child. I hope they are.

Maybe it's just the picture, but it looks to me like the second-oldest boy has hit a major growth spurt. From what you can tell with him kneeling, he looks to be about as tall as Anna-Marie and Brandon. Interesting.

ETA: I AM glad that the kids are getting some actual exercise, fresh air, and sunshine. Even if it's just an FU Internets thing for Erika.

ETA2: Why can't they at least buy those girls some exercise skirts? It's ridiculous and just goes to show they don't actually get any physical activity normally.

I can't imagine doing exercise in a denim skirt. I've even googled exercise skirts and there are modest options. 

At least the denim skirts are knee length though. I have never understood how the Maxwell girls go for a run/hike in maxi/ankle length skirts. I'm guessing it's a fairly slow jog... Does. Not. Compute.

14 hours ago, princessmahina said:

Let us all be thankful that, unlike her Maxwell idols, Erika lets her children actually dress up. And not like Lolly the Terrifying Clown. Let's definitely not imagine a world with multiple Lolly's roaming fairgrounds all over the country with promises of hellfire, damnation, and burritos...

Meatless burritos, mind you.  That's in the cafeteria  of hell for really godless folk.

The Shupes seem to pose for a group picture every time they leave the house. 

There's a fundie girl at my university who runs at the gym a lot. She wears exercise skirts- they hit about knee length and have long leggings underneath. She always looks very comfortable. Those kinds of skirts would be a sound investment for the Shupes if they really intend to go to the tennis courts very often. 

Then again, maybe the ladies don't have to deal with inner thigh chafing (the bane of my existence). They're all pretty slender. 

18 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

And interesting about using public school courts. That kind of thing doesn't really happen over here. Then again, loads of state schools had their playing fields sold off. My local park has loads of courts... but then again, my town does host a world famous tennis tournament. (Giving away my location there... is that OK on FJ? I suppose I've seen others stating where they live I guess)

High school courts are generally open to public use around here in Shupe land. There aren't many other cheap/free options, though a few parks have courts. Only a few bigger schools in the area have tennis teams and courts, and the Shupes live near one of them.

2 hours ago, princessmahina said:

There's a fundie girl at my university who runs at the gym a lot. She wears exercise skirts- they hit about knee length and have long leggings underneath. She always looks very comfortable. Those kinds of skirts would be a sound investment for the Shupes if they really intend to go to the tennis courts very often. 

Then again, maybe the ladies don't have to deal with inner thigh chafing (the bane of my existence). They're all pretty slender. 

Totally off topic, but if you apply antiperspirant liberally to your inner thighs (not if the skin is broken) it prevents thigh chafing really well.

10 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

I can't imagine doing exercise in a denim skirt. I've even googled exercise skirts and there are modest options. 

At least the denim skirts are knee length though. I have never understood how the Maxwell girls go for a run/hike in maxi/ankle length skirts. I'm guessing it's a fairly slow jog... Does. Not. Compute.

I mean, it definitely seems to me like that would be an intended side effect of their strict dress rules. I'm sure there's plenty for them to dislike about athletics (especially organized sports that take place outside the home). For women who want to cover up their legs and wear a skirt but still be able to fully participate, there are athletic skirts/skorts and leggings. But if that sort of attire is still too defrauding, it's going to be hard to get heavily into the sport without the proper gear.

2 hours ago, Pammy said:

Totally off topic, but if you apply antiperspirant liberally to your inner thighs (not if the skin is broken) it prevents thigh chafing really well.

That's a good suggestion. I pretty much only wear skirts, so I'll be trying that out this summer. Thanks!

4 hours ago, Pammy said:

Also if you get chafing, apply diaper rash cream.  Makes it go away overnight.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived