IGNORED

Phillips co-opting World War2 - how long o lard

MamaJunebug

I seriously found some of my Doug Phillips is a Tool/Vision ForHim books from my fundy days when I was helping my mom move everything out of the house I grew up with, and I thought to myself, "Thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster :fsm: that Doug Phillips is a :music-tool: is off the radar these days..."

Then my return to FJ to lament my forced Duggar watching turned into finding out DPIAT is still up to his old Toolish ways of Tooldom... Has he raped any unpaid nannies lately?

God damn does Dougie and the WW2 shit get under my skin. If those girls really wanted to honor Vets from the "Greatest Generation" * they would start at the local VA hospital. Quit running around in potentially flashback inducing dress up clothes and actually, I don't know, fucking HELP someone. I have spent more than my fair share of time at VA facilities due to Mr Goalie's combat related conditions and you know what every VA facility has in common? They need actual fucking help. Pushing wheelchairs, cleaning up messes, giving directions, filing paperwork help. Actual veterans need actual help not little girls playing dress up singing in their faces at public events. I hate this lip service shit. I am even getting to he point where hearing someone say "Thank you for your service" to my husband is maddening. That phrase, like the Phillips' girls' song and dance routine is meaningless.

*don't get me started on how much that term gets under my skin

If those girls really wanted to honor Vets from the "Greatest Generation" * they would start at the local VA hospital. Quit running around in potentially flashback inducing dress up clothes and actually, I don't know, fucking HELP someone.

But wouldn't that constitute "working outside the home," which they can't do without Doug Phillips is a Tool's watchful eye making sure that they don't get raped by another upstanding fundy like himself. Wouldn't want THAT to happen, now, would we?

For people who supposedly love history, they aren't very good at appreciating that working class/blue collar women have always worked. WW2 (and actually WW1 too) gave middle class women new freedoms - but it was a life working class women had always known. It may not have always been as obvious or even paid in money like factory work, but it was always work and there were even the equivalent of unions in trade guilds - it was just often paid 'in kind' rather than cash.

ETA: Also I'd love them to cover the British experience of WW2 and housewives resorting to dodgy means (the black market being the most genteel of those means) to get hold of food due to rationing constraints.....

For people who supposedly love history, they aren't very good at appreciating that working class/blue collar women have always worked. WW2 (and actually WW1 too) gave middle class women new freedoms - but it was a life working class women had always known. It may not have always been as obvious or even paid in money like factory work, but it was always work and there were even the equivalent of unions in trade guilds - it was just often paid 'in kind' rather than cash.

ETA: Also I'd love them to cover the British experience of WW2 and housewives resorting to dodgy means (the black market being the most genteel of those means) to get hold of food due to rationing constraints.....

Watch Waterloo Bridge with Robert Taylor and Vivien Leigh. Vivien's character turns to prostitution after she is fired from her ballerina job and her aristocratic fiance (Taylor) is reported KIA during World War One.

Archived