IGNORED

Tonya Ferguson sells house to travel for doTerra

salex

In an odd coincidence just yesterday I was googling recipes and came apon a recipe sight that had lots of recipes that looked good. At the bottom left of the page they had blogging friends of the site and four little Fergusons was first on the list. :?

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For reading in the bathtub, I much prefer my kindle. I have a Levo stand that straps it in securely and I can suspend it over the tub at the perfect angle. Kindles are lighter and easier to handle than books. I've had the embarrassment several times of having to return a library book that fell into the tub.

What is it with these people and motor "homes"? I feel like every last fundie these days is selling off their kids' stability to drive across America hocking their shit and forcing themselves upon every church with a light on.

Agree!!

It's because the fundie/QF dream is untenable and only a very few select families are able to live it, really because they get really lucky and hit the jackpot by getting income from TV or starting a successful "business" selling their perfect life to other fundie families.

The others eventually hit the point where they can't afford to live in a house.

For some of us, never. I've got hundreds of older books that will never (probably) see the light of day in any e-format. Ditto for music, I also have a box or more of very obscure oooooold vinyl that was never released on CD, cassette, or even 8-track. :) My sister bought me a Kindle, thinking I could declutter by converting all my old books to e-books. Didn't occur to her that I'd have to pay for them all again.

E-books are great, yes, but they will never be good at pop-ups, pull tabs, or anything tactile, whether that's Pat the Bunny, the pop-up Madeline, or just liking the feel (and smell) of a paper book.

{L_OFFTOPIC} :
re: bolded, i found something interesting a few weeks ago - a database of #1 songs going all the way back to 1900. The url was billboard.fm/birthday-song but it doesn't work anymore, i guess they got in trouble with copyright laws or something. But i looked up a lot of family members' #1 songs on their birthdays all the way back to my grandpa's song from 1919, all the way to my kids. Pretty fun :lol: I couldn't believe old songs from the early 1900's were available to hear online.

Ok, the husband needs to take the kids and run. Those babies do not need to be on a bus and traveling everywhere because of their mothers half baked dream. Sheesh :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

Holy...I go away for one day and another family ends up in a motorhome?! :o

I just said a little prayer that she will start to update her blog again so we can follow her adventures. :pray:

Her blog posts for the last couple months are all doTerra, so I bet that we will!

Gosh, I wonder which of this lovely couple knew how to use Craigslist? :lol: They're picking up their RV today, which appears to be this Craigslist ad- 1998 Holiday Rambler Class A Motorhome - $39800 http://wichita.craigslist.org/rvs/4921223199.html

Y'all be the judge, but I think this has to be the one: it's located about an hour from her (closer to the nearest city), it's cheap, and the color/model are a match to the picture she posted of their "new home". In case the ad gets taken down (I saved the page, but still):

Her pic:

2uz6tdj.jpg

A pic from the ad:

detxfn.jpg

It looks like it's in nice enough shape for the price, but 98 is pretty old- a lot of RV parks aren't going to let them in. And cramming six people in it sounds unimaginably miserable, I'd be grumpy with just my husband after a month or two.

Gosh, I wonder which of this lovely couple knew how to use Craigslist? :lol: They're picking up their RV today, which appears to be this Craigslist ad- 1998 Holiday Rambler Class A Motorhome - $39800 http://wichita.craigslist.org/rvs/4921223199.html

Y'all be the judge, but I think this has to be the one: it's located about an hour from her (closer to the nearest city), it's cheap, and the color/model are a match to the picture she posted of their "new home". In case the ad gets taken down (I saved the page, but still):

Her pic:

2uz6tdj.jpg

A pic from the ad:

detxfn.jpg

It looks like it's in nice enough shape for the price, but 98 is pretty old- a lot of RV parks aren't going to let them in. And cramming six people in it sounds unimaginably miserable, I'd be grumpy with just my husband after a month or two.

Why not? Genuinely curious as I know nothing about RVs. It looks to be in good shape, so I guess as least they won't be crammed into a tiny piece of shit. :?

It looks like she is also giving up her photography business. She is handing her clients over to a friend and selling her equipment.

What is Tonya's plan for the times when sales are down? I hope she's not naive enough to think that her income will always increase. :?

Where are you guys finding her updates? Did not see anything on FB?!

Naivete is how MLMs function. If sales are down, she will just try that much harder to get people to join her "team."

I guess I was just hoping against hope that someone with four children to feed wouldn't be so damn shortsighted. It boggles my mind when someone chooses to enter a field where your income can vary drastically without a solid plan for the downturns. :(

Her pic:

2uz6tdj.jpg

A pic from the ad:

detxfn.jpg

endeavor indeed! :auto-swerve:

Good to see you Lawfulevil!

She doesn't have to worry about sales going down, she'll just sell, sell, sell... and the more people in "legs" or "downlines" or whatever this one calls the groups under her, the better.

Except when she has to buy extra stock to keep from slipping a level. (Where is she going to store stuff in that RV?)

Why is she wanting to travel for Doterra anyway? Isn't the point of "mlm" "network marketing" "relationship marketing" that you bring on your friends? Is Hutchinson already saturated with this oil?

Plus, did her husband quit his job? Or are they going to live in some KOA in Hutchinson, he go to work and they scurry about to weekend sales meetings district or state wide in the RV?

I still wonder if there was a foreclosure or shortsale in this deal.

Someone asked why I said a lot of parks won't take older RVs- it kind of depends where, but a lot of RV parks (particularly the nicer ones) out here in California have age restrictions. How long varies a lot, but 10 years is typical. It isn't that it's enforced all that often, and obviously managers make exceptions at their own discretion, but... obnoxious MLM zombies with no permanent residence and four cooped-up kids wouldn't be high on MY list of exceptions if I were a manager. Their RV is in great shape, but have you met someone in an MLM? They're fucking relentless. The neighbors are going to complain.

Personally, I'd take any damn excuse to make Tonya, her wayward husband, her four kids, and her snake oil pipeline Not My Problem.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
My aunt and I spent a couple weeks researching RV upsides/downsides recently as she camps a lot with her wife and they've "outgrown" their tiny pop-up. She ultimately decided it wasn't worth the hassle, she's going to invest in a nicer pop-up instead.

She doesn't have to worry about sales going down, she'll just sell, sell, sell... and the more people in "legs" or "downlines" or whatever this one calls the groups under her, the better.

Except when she has to buy extra stock to keep from slipping a level. (Where is she going to store stuff in that RV?)

Why is she wanting to travel for Doterra anyway? Isn't the point of "mlm" "network marketing" "relationship marketing" that you bring on your friends? Is Hutchinson already saturated with this oil?

Plus, did her husband quit his job? Or are they going to live in some KOA in Hutchinson, he go to work and they scurry about to weekend sales meetings district or state wide in the RV?

I still wonder if there was a foreclosure or shortsale in this deal.

I'm super confused as to this as well. I can't think of any scenario where traveling around shilling essential oils is going to improve sales. Everyone and their dog is selling those things on facebook. If I were going to buy them, I'd purchase them from the sweet lady at church or the stay-at-home mom I know from the gym, not some random person selling them out of an RV.

The Craigslist ad has been pulled, which seems like too much coincidence if it's not because she bought it.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
There's no way this is something she "decided" to do to help business. Nobody with 4 kids gives up a nice big house, land, their pets and livestock, most of their possessions, living near their family, etc, etc, etc... unless something has gone wrong. Especially not to move those 6 people into a 17 year old RV that's worth less than our cars. (I know that sounds snotty, but- husband's is paid off, roommate is driving my old car since she's unemployed, and my new-to-me wagon is about half paid, none are particularly fancy).

Even Tonya's not this fucked up. Something is up.

This is exactly what I thought. Had a friend who decided to take the "change of geographic location" option with her cheating hubby. Also know of someone who works at the same place as her husband and let's just say there's enough reason to think that it's to keep him on a short lease.

How is traveling around going to help? All it's going to do is give him more chances to have random hook-ups with people who won't have the chance to find out he's married.

Why not? Genuinely curious as I know nothing about RVs. It looks to be in good shape, so I guess as least they won't be crammed into a tiny piece of shit. :?

Because most RV parks restrict older RVs to no more than a week at a time, up to 3 weeks total a year. Anything over 10 years is considered old. When we were in an RV, this was a big problem. We kept having to move around, which added to the stress. Imaging having to pack up all you have every week so it won't break when you drive to a new pad somewhere else. If we wanted to stay anywhere longer than 3 total weeks, we would have had to pay an application fee, go through background checks and credit checks, everything you'd expect to go through to rent a house just to rent a chunk of concrete, and have an RV 10 years old or newer. Didn't matter how nice it is. RV maintenance is expensive, and a lot of people half-ass it, and parks don't want people driving in rigs that may not be able to drive back out. When you find older rigs staying in parks for a longer time, it's because they moved in when their rigs were newer than 10 years, and have been there for years. Sometimes you'll find older rigs where people have built attached porches.

Wow, DGayle, I never even found out about that stuff- we were looking at short camping-type stays and it still didn't look friendly.

I guess the long and short of it is that an RV this age is a perfectly fine buy if you're vacationing so you're cool with the restrictions.. not much fun trying to live in it. Even one in good shape.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
And for the money, I'd honestly have gone with a model with lower mileage. Kansas isn't even very far from some big RVer states- Texas and Wyoming have no income tax (Texas makes up for it with high property taxes, no idea about WY). I mean, yes, Wichita is a ways from Dallas... but not on the "traveling forever" scale. If she wasn't in a big damn hurry she could have found a newer RV.

Oh, hey, Tonya, did I mention?

1. Gas is cheaper than diesel in a lot of the West.

2. Good luck hauling your overloaded hunk of shit up half of fucking Wyoming. I-80 tops out about 8600 feet above sea level, so...

3. Have fun with all your kids puking from altitude sickness. Maybe bust out some ginger oil or something because that surely makes up for poor blood oxygen saturation. There's an oil for everything, right?

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I didn't enjoy that drive and I'd lived in Denver for years.

Archived