IGNORED

Tonya Ferguson sells house to travel for doTerra

salex

In many MLM systems, you get part of the revenue stream of the salespeople you recruit. So the more people you get selling below you the more passive revenue you get.

Discounts for sales reps almost make signing up worthwhile, if a person actually uses the products, except for having to endure pressure from people upline to try to sell and sign on more people. My brother-in-law's girlfriend is part of a bunch of MLMs just to get the perks, i think she's done just about all of them at one time or another. :lol: She mentions them on fb every once in a while but i think she does it mostly to get her own personal use discount. Mary Kay tried to get me to buy enough to have a store on hand, even to the point of suggesting i borrow from relatives to do it. :pink-shock: i didn't, but the pressure is intense. MLMs give their sales reps really bad advice. I'm sure Tonya's uplines are telling her this is the greatest things she's ever done. smh

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Discounts for sales reps almost make signing up worthwhile, if a person actually uses the products, except for having to endure pressure from people upline to try to sell and sign on more people. My brother-in-law's girlfriend is part of a bunch of MLMs just to get the perks, i think she's done just about all of them at one time or another. :lol: She mentions them on fb every once in a while but i think she does it mostly to get her own personal use discount. Mary Kay tried to get me to buy enough to have a store on hand, even to the point of suggesting i borrow from relatives to do it. :pink-shock: i didn't, but the pressure is intense. MLMs give their sales reps really bad advice. I'm sure Tonya's uplines are telling her this is the greatest things she's ever done. smh

My aunt got sucked into Mary Kay when I was a teenager and did the suggested "store" thing. She ended up unable to sell it and quitting, so for every Christmas for years afterwards we got Mary Kay products. :lol:

In many MLM systems, you get part of the revenue stream of the salespeople you recruit. So the more people you get selling below you the more passive revenue you get.

A friend of mine who just got out of an MLM scam left because she realized the end goal was to recruit enough other people to get a cut of their sales, and a smaller cut of the sales from people they recruit, instead of having to sell. She realized it was really all about recruiting other people to sell but then what happens when your recruits have recruited a couple more levers, and so on, until you're in the cold? What are you supposed to do, have sales parties again, recruit people while you're at it, and end up in the same problem?

And it's worse when the problem isn't something you use up and need to buy more of, like knives or Origami Owl (that stuff is shit, and the company-creation story is apparently a lie--supposedly started by a 14-year-old, though her parents funded the start-up costs of thousands of dollars, hired managers, and everything, so it's not like the kid had to do anything but be the face of the feel-good start-up story).

Hi! I'm new here. I've been a follower of Tonya Ferguson's blog for years and was dismayed when it became nothing more than an infomercial for essential oils.

And now to find out she's quit blogging, sold the land and house and plans on traveling in an RV with four kids and two dogs hoping to make their living hawking OILS?

WTF???

In the first place, she's leaving Kansas to travel to sell oils and get other dreamers to sell oils. At the same time people from other states are pulling up stakes to come to KANSAS to do the SAME THING!

These oil sellers are trampling on each other and covering the same territories yet I think they believe they're the new pioneers spreading the word of oils.

Tonya's new venture looks almost exactly like another blogger who has a family of 3 kids/2 dogs and lives in an RV to shill oils. Perhaps that's where Tonya got the bug up her butt.

Anyway, sitting back and waiting for the bubble to burst and wondering where Tonya (with her "iffy" marriage) and children end up.

It's literally like this:

snakeoil16.jpg

Roll in, sell, get the hell out of dodge.

I am a rep for a (not-oil) company that does direct sales. I will never understand why people who live in small towns want to recruit like crazy. I keep hoping no one asks me if I will sign them up. I don't want to live in an RV!

I'm possibly the world's laziest Flexi (Lilla Rose) "salesperson"- I signed up for the damn discount. They're nice enough, although the ones from the Flexi-8 days were better made imo. It's actually kind of weird that I don't know anyone else (IRL) who's into LR, considering that I can't throw a rock without hitting an MLM in my friends list. Essential oils haven't infected anyone I know yet (THANK GOD), but the latest Facebook-herpes seems to be eye-searing nail wraps.

Oh lord, she's on Facebook losing her tiny little mind about the "gorgeous" magnificence of surely :roll: one of the most fascinating examples of architecture in Southern California... the Anaheim Convention Center.

...yes,

2rcq1wh.jpg

If she splooges all over later this week about what a "treat" it was to make a "special side trip" to Disneyland I'm going to need a drink.

I'm possibly the world's laziest Flexi (Lilla Rose) "salesperson"- I signed up for the damn discount. They're nice enough, although the ones from the Flexi-8 days were better made imo. It's actually kind of weird that I don't know anyone else (IRL) who's into LR, considering that I can't throw a rock without hitting an MLM in my friends list. Essential oils haven't infected anyone I know yet (THANK GOD), but the latest Facebook-herpes seems to be eye-searing nail wraps.

Jamberries have infected my wall like herpes, and EOs are still all the hell over. Sadly one woman I know is into them because she was told an oil would help her daughter's Downs Syndrome. She's been hawking dōTERRA for a couple months now, waiting for it to cure her daughter. Very sad.

Origami Owl makes it hard to impossible to sign up just for the discounts. You have to make a big buy-in, and then a minimum purchase order a month, something like $200 a month. She didn't know about the monthly order when she signed up and bought in, and ended up lasting three months before she just couldn't get friends to buy more of those really cheap necklaces.

People are praying for her to make it safely through LA traffic.

Someone asked how she is going to keep the kids entertained on the long RV trips. Her response:

Tonya Ferguson

They know if they ask, they get to do chores. haha thankfully they are really good at entertaining themselves. Especially in the motorhome, they have no excuse. They can eat, play games, take a nap, watch a movie, drive their cars around. Its been a breeze! But no kids this trip, leadership training means just Dale and I are making this one in our car.

Yeah, good luck with that. She expects the kids to just eat and sleep for entertainment all the time?

Someone asked how she is going to keep the kids entertained on the long RV trips. Her response:

Yeah, good luck with that. She expects the kids to just eat and sleep for entertainment all the time?

Because encouraging kids to eat when bored is a GREAT parenting technique and promotes a healthy relationship with food. :angry-banghead:

Yeah, just shut up and suffer in silence. I don't care how you feel kid.

Yeah, just shut up and suffer in silence. I don't care how you feel kid.

I have a real issue with her suggesting that her kids should be content in a motor home all day long and better not dare suggest otherwise.

Eat, sleep, and watch television is not a sufficient game plan for kids she is SUPPOSED to be schooling.

A stable, comfortable home? A decent education? Adequate, healthful food? Proper healthcare? How DARE you be so selfish?

I'll never understand the mindset that children should be grateful that their parents brought them into this world and there the responsibility ends. Instead of actually CARING for their precious blessings, the "parents" treat them like godly status symbols. Paris Hilton had her teacup dog; fundie parents have their children. Except the accessory dog had decent food, clothes and housing and didn't have to kiss its owner's ass in gratitude for being allowed to exist.

UGH. Growing up, my parents followed the "if you tell us you're bored, we'll give you some chores" rule. It worked for my sister and me-- we always found something to do without whining at our parents. But we lived in a house on an acreage with plenty of room to run and play make-believe with plenty of toys to play with as a back-up. Being stuck in a motorhome all day? Yeah, we wouldn't have been able to entertain ourselves all day.

Tonya Ferguson is one of the meanest mothers I've ever known about.

I can't believe she is cramming 4 kids and 2 big dogs into an RV and then telling them to figure it out for themselves when they get antsy. Shit, I'd be complaining of being bored, too, and I'm an adult! And what the hell chores would there be on an RV? It shouldn't take her more than 20 minutes to clean the thing top to bottom. Do they have to get out the toothbrushes and scrub crevices if they complain they are bored?

She's such a freaking ass - I can't stand her. I can't believe she hides behind God while she doles out her assholery.

I can't believe she is cramming 4 kids and 2 big dogs into an RV and then telling them to figure it out for themselves when they get antsy. Shit, I'd be complaining of being bored, too, and I'm an adult! And what the hell chores would there be on an RV? It shouldn't take her more than 20 minutes to clean the thing top to bottom. Do they have to get out the toothbrushes and scrub crevices if they complain they are bored?

She's such a freaking ass - I can't stand her. I can't believe she hides behind God while she doles out her assholery.

Her God is big enough for anything, including her enormous ego.

Was she supposed to be a SAHM? Did she ever pontificate on headship / helpmeet stuff, because not a lot of things are less helpmeet than having your husband quit his job and work for you on your MLM.... (If he was selling insurance he will likely have a few residuals for a while... or is the story he's going to be selling insurance on the road?)

Or, is he now part of her team and that is why he's going to the CA training sessions, etc?

Thanks for pointing out the LA traffic prayers, GeoBQN, I'm dying... The picture she posted has practically NO traffic in it! That's the amount of cars I'd expect to see on a highway that size near any city in California at off-peak hours- it's like 2 pm in that picture. If you're actually stuck in LA traffic, there'll be no mistaking it... like parking at the mall the day before Christmas, ugh.

Thanks for pointing out the LA traffic prayers, GeoBQN, I'm dying... The picture she posted has practically NO traffic in it! That's the amount of cars I'd expect to see on a highway that size near any city in California at off-peak hours- it's like 2 pm in that picture. If you're actually stuck in LA traffic, there'll be no mistaking it... like parking at the mall the day before Christmas, ugh.

:lol:

Yeah, that's about the same level of traffic (a little on the light side) that I see on my slightly-before-peak-hours commute in a city that has 5% the population of LA (200,000 compared to 3.8 million).

That is what I was thinking. It didn't look like awful traffic. :?

At least Tonya is only cramming four kids and two dogs in the RV. The poor Rodrigues children have 11 kids and one dog in an RV.

That is what I was thinking. It didn't look like awful traffic. :?

At least Tonya is only cramming four kids and two dogs in the RV. The poor Rodrigues children have 11 kids and one dog in an RV.

:shakehead2:

Both are horrible, but one is even worse than the other... CPS should really get involved in both cases.

The worst part is the "parents" are CHOOSING this lifestyle. That in and of itself is a sign of legitimate mental illness, or at the very least a complete inability to make good choices and inability to properly care for minors.

Or, is he now part of her team and that is why he's going to the CA training sessions, etc?

Methinks, this is to keep hubby on a short lease either because he's either misbehaving again or he's not but she's gone so far down the Rabbit Hole of Hurt over it that she's somehow convinced he still is.

No your wrong and a hater. The prayer WORKED dammit. Almighty God cleared the highway for Tonya Ferguson because she is on a godly mission to bring HIS holy healing therapeutic grade oils to the masses that can afford it.

Poor thrifty schmucs like me have to by oils from Amazon, but they are not as good cuz they cost less.

Have you met the Rodriguez family? 11 kids in an RV, another baby on the way, the youngest is already sleeping literally in a cage in the closet. And there's at least a dog in the mix.

Edit: I read further, and yeah, you've heard of them. I just comment as I go.

Her latest FB update:

This is huge! Most MLM companies have a 15% "stick it" rate. DoTERRA has a rate of 74%! Unheard of in the industry....this shows we have eady(sic) to use, life changing products.

Retention rate is quoted as "#of distributors who have placed an order in last 12 months / total # of distributors who have ever signed up", and puts Avon, Herbalife, NUSKIN (whatever that is), Usana, and ForeverGreen over on the other side. Presumably as examples of companies doTERRA drones have heard of?

Here's the problem- not to defend the other MLMs, because these companies are almost universally fucking awful, but- that's not a valid parameter. Why? Well...

1. Avon- founded in 1886, has been a "direct sales" (mlm) company since at least 1910. If doTERRA truly is counting distributors/ever (and why wouldn't they, since it makes them look good to people incapable of executive function like Tonya)... Some VERY large percentage of distributors/ever are quite deceased.

2. Herbalife- founded in 1980. Some of the same logic applies- yes, of course there's been a lot of turnover in 35 years?

3. NUSKIN- founded in 1984. See above.

4. Usana- founded in 1992. 23 years is still a pretty long time... that's longer than my husband is from retirement, and he changed jobs a couple years ago.

5. ForeverGreen- 2004, but a non-entity (no Wikipedia page, corporate website is amateur hour, information took some reading through Google results to find).

doTERRA, meanwhile, was founded in 2008. So they're comparing themselves against a slightly older company that probably 99/100 Americans have never heard of, and four much older companies. Sure, that seems fair. :roll:

LOGIC.

IIRC, NUSKIN stands for NU Skin - skincare products etc. Am sure I've heard of someone I know shilling it.

ETA: Google says it's a skincare mlM founded in guess where? Provo, Utah! Isn't UTAH like the MLM Holy Land?

Archived