IGNORED

Little People, Big World

homeschoolmomma1

[link=][/link]

I heard something about the son killing kittens for fun and taking photos of it.

WTf? Seriously?!

Oh god. Bird stomping? What are they, budding serial killers?

Now I have to go wake up my bird to hug her. She won't mind--she loves snuggles.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

spiritswander.blogspot.com/

What an interesting page.

Some point to the more straight forward hunting aspects of it and say there's nothing wrong with hunting. A lot of people like it. Jeremy's just a manly country boy that likes hunting. Jeremy's girlfirend, Audrey, has expressed in tweets that she finds a guy that shoots animals very attractive. The picture of Jeremy (and Mueller) with the bird with it's had blown apart is explained as a typical hunting picture of a hunter proudly posing with his kill.

Jeremy and the gang have defenders that approve of the cat tossing. The defense is apparently that all people throw their cats and especially kids like to throw cats high to see if they'll land on their feet (although it should be pointed out, that Jeremy and Mueller were not 8 years old, they were clearly around the age of 20 in the pictures). One of Amy's, Zach's and Mueller's own defense given during one of Amy's old live coffee chats was that Mueller loves his own pet dogs so.....I didn't really get it, but I think what they were going for was that Mueller isn't cruel to animals because he loves his own pet dogs.

I have both hunters and young men in my family. The hunters shoot edible animals not tiny birds that can't be eaten. They've always expressed being a sportsman about hunting. My brother shot two deer this year and said that he wouldn't kill anymore because two was enough. He wasn't going to kill animals just to kill animals.

My sons and their friends occasionally do some odd things but they never hurt animals. I'd be so angry if anyone threw my cat into the air. I have a good cat who loves everyone including our dogs. I can't imagine anyone hurting him. The cat was a stray that my son and his friend brought home to prevent from being hit by traffic.

Oh god, those pictures are awful. I can understand hunting for food and hunting something a lot larger than yourself for sport (although I don't think I could be ok with that sort of hunting if it's done with an arsenal to rival a survivalist's doomsday cache), but stomping on small birds? That's psychopath territory.

Eta: the only time I've seen a child being cruel to a pet is when the child didn't realise its actions were cruel. Once a three year old understands that pulling puppy's tail hurts it very much they're quite sad and it doesn't happen again. But this boy isn't a three year old and he isn't yanking a dog's tail to get its attention. Children hurting animals is not normal behaviour and it bothers me that there are adults who write it off as being just a little bit of harmless fun.

Guest Anonymous

Oh, yuck! I just found a post about it: [link=]http://spiritswander.blogspot.com/2012/09/jeremy-roloff-and-his-reputation-with.html[/link]

Now I hate them even more! I'm a huge animal lover. I believe people who are cruel to animals should go to jail. It's not that much of a stretch from animals to people. Most serial killers start out that way.

Coouldn't agree more. Even people who dislike animals. or can take or leave them, should care about enforcing animal cruelty statutes, if only for self-preservation. I have a little black cat who thinks everyone is his friend, and I keep him indoors because I know damn well that they're not.

:shock: WOW I didn't know that about The Roloffs :x I won't click the links, from what people have said, that's disgusting. I cannot stand the thought of animals being hurt. Especially birds or cats since I have a pet parrot and a pet cat that I keep inside and love and cherish them like children! :evil:

That really fecking steams me. Whenever I hear about animal cruelty I wanna smash the c$#! in the head repeatedly with a brick and say "HOW DO YOU LIKE IT HUH? *THWACK* HUH? DO DO YOU LIKE IT? *THWACK THWACK* NOT FUNNY NOW IS IT #$%$@#@w"

:angry-screaming:

I've never really watched the show, only in passing. From what I have seen, I can agree with everything everyone else has said.

They are entitled upstarts milking it for what its worth. The father does nothing, always whinging and bitching and trying to make more money. While Amy doesn't want her preshus chillins to have to work, clean, cook, or do anything basic to take care of themselves or their house. Which means she has raised them to have NO respect, or ethics and thats clear, especially with the stuff said above. SICK. :cry:

I went to look at that page referenced here and it looks like they took it down. Apparently they see the negative attention they are getting from here.

I'm not against hunting for food, but I hate the concept of blood sport. When the latter begins to spill into the former, then I really do get upset.

I really don't get it, but many people have an almost irrational hatred of cats. I can understand not really liking the less-than-affectionate nature of cats. They can be family-loving, but they're not dogs and never will be. You prefer dogs? Fine. Don't own a cat. I can understand that people are upset that feral cats kill songbirds. I can understand people wanting to avoid cats because they have allergies or because they got badly scratched by the neighbor's cat when they were kids. Fine. I just don't get why so many people feel entitled to hate cats so viciously. They're just animals. Yet many cat haters think that cats deserve the worse treatment possible and feel it's perfectly fine to kill and torture them. I don't get it at all.

I would be very concerned if my child took pleasure in hurting animals.

My kids won't let me kill a spider, and when candle moths get in we always have to rescue them.

Wait. What? That little turd likes killing animals? I smell a potential serial killer if isn't made to take responsibility for his actions and get counseling/therapy.

I have both hunters and young men in my family. The hunters shoot edible animals not tiny birds that can't be eaten. They've always expressed being a sportsman about hunting. My brother shot two deer this year and said that he wouldn't kill anymore because two was enough. He wasn't going to kill animals just to kill animals.

My sons and their friends occasionally do some odd things but they never hurt animals. I'd be so angry if anyone threw my cat into the air. I have a good cat who loves everyone including our dogs. I can't imagine anyone hurting him. The cat was a stray that my son and his friend brought home to prevent from being hit by traffic.

When children hurt animals it's often a sign of pathology. I don't meant toddlers, I mean older children who deliberately hurt animals. I had a student once who twisted his kittens neck until it broke. He had attachment disorder. His mother had bought him the kitten thinking if he had a pet it might help him. It didn't.

When children hurt animals it's often a sign of pathology. I don't meant toddlers, I mean older children who deliberately hurt animals. I had a student once who twisted his kittens neck until it broke. He had attachment disorder. His mother had bought him the kitten thinking if he had a pet it might help him. It didn't.

Yep. Definitely a sign of pathology. One of the earliest signs!

Also, they're homophobes? They can suck it! I hope some amazing gay couple holds a wedding (or more likely, commitment ceremony, since IDK where they live and the majority of the US is douchy about gay marriage) on their property.

I had no idea the Roloffs were like this, I lost interest a few years ago and just realized they were cancelled! I agree that non-hunting animal killing is a huge red flag. (Jeffrey Dahlmer & many more). Do any of the kids go to college or work? The last show I watched Jeremy was going to an art school or something in California? I don't recall if Zack had any future plans..

OMG, thanks for filling the blanks everybody. I thought that killing or hurting animals for pleasure is one of the signs of a sociopath. No kidding, if that were my kid, I would be extremely concerned.

What's the appeal of getting married with the Roloffs?

I can't even comment on the kitten stuff. I'm a crazy kitty momma, I'd go bonkers all over this page.

I went to look at that page referenced here and it looks like they took it down. Apparently they see the negative attention they are getting from here.

I'm not against hunting for food, but I hate the concept of blood sport. When the latter begins to spill into the former, then I really do get upset.

I really don't get it, but many people have an almost irrational hatred of cats. I can understand not really liking the less-than-affectionate nature of cats. They can be family-loving, but they're not dogs and never will be. You prefer dogs? Fine. Don't own a cat. I can understand that people are upset that feral cats kill songbirds. I can understand people wanting to avoid cats because they have allergies or because they got badly scratched by the neighbor's cat when they were kids. Fine. I just don't get why so many people feel entitled to hate cats so viciously. They're just animals. Yet many cat haters think that cats deserve the worse treatment possible and feel it's perfectly fine to kill and torture them. I don't get it at all.

I know. It makes me so SAD. I love cats. Don't get me wrong... I've met a few that were HORRIBLE. But I just can't understand torturing an animal. I'm fine with hunting for food. Fine with fishing, long as you eat what ya catch. That's it. (I'm the cat lady though... we have 4!!)

I don't hate cats, but I do resent that it is ok for people to let their cats run loose. Our neighbors both have cats. They both hang out on our deck in front of the picture window so that our birds do not feel safe and can't enjoy their window.

Why is it ok for someone elses cat to stalk My bird in her own house through HER window?

But, let a dog off the leash? You are a horrible, horrible person.

What's the appeal of getting married with the Roloffs?

I can't even comment on the kitten stuff. I'm a crazy kitty momma, I'd go bonkers all over this page.

Preach it ,sister! Intentionally hurting animals, especially cats makes me violently angry.

I don't hate cats, but I do resent that it is ok for people to let their cats run loose. Our neighbors both have cats. They both hang out on our deck in front of the picture window so that our birds do not feel safe and can't enjoy their window.

Why is it ok for someone elses cat to stalk My bird in her own house through HER window?

I believe the difference is that a dog can do a lot more damage than a cat if they decide to attack someone.

I have three indoor only cats, but I appriciate cats that are allowed to roam. Cats were imported about the same time as european rats. We'd have a really nasty vermin problem with no free roaming cats. (and anybody who has lived in a city and really paid attention to outside will have occasionally seen rats at night. I'm wondering from some of your posts if you're in/near Sacramento? If so downtown/midtown/landpark/east sac are infested, but the cats keep the numbers down.)

And the difference with a dog off the leash? a cat is not likely to go running up to strangers and climb all over them, try to eat their food, ect. I am VERY allergic to dogs, it doesn't mean I don't like them, but it does mean that I don't want them near me, especially if I am off allergy meds for any reason.

This. My grandfather was a hunter, he felt this way too.

As somebody who raises animals for food, I never enjoy the process of killing them, and I prefer knowing that the animals lived a good life than just buying one from the store. (I do buy some meat of animals I don't raise, but from local farmers.)

Domestic cats killing native wildlife is a huge problem here and it drives me mad to see cats just roaming around the neighbourhood. What about all the native species they're catching and killing? When I hear of people living in less urban areas letting their cats roam I just want to slap them. If your cat has access to the bush it's going to do some real damage, so bloody well keep it inside.

Cat owners who let their pets roam are irresponsible. It's not just the native wildlife that suffers but also the cats when they end up in the yard of a dog that attacks them. The dog is only doing what comes naturally (defending its territory), and the cat is either horribly injured or killed. After that the dog becomes a killer in the eyes of its owners and they either rehome the poor animal or put it down. All because a cat owner behaved poorly.

I believe the difference is that a dog can do a lot more damage than a cat if they decide to attack someone.

There was a person seriously injured in Ann Arbor, MI when she walked through a field and was attacked by a pack a feral cats. She was hospitalized and required several surgeries. Cat claws are deadly. I've had a couple very deep scratch wounds just from my own cats, and they only have rear claws. My pulmonologist thought I should bathe them weekly. I tried a few times but I was getting anemic. :lol:

I know. It makes me so SAD. I love cats. Don't get me wrong... I've met a few that were HORRIBLE. But I just can't understand torturing an animal. I'm fine with hunting for food. Fine with fishing, long as you eat what ya catch. That's it. (I'm the cat lady though... we have 4!!)

Most people that I know that detest cats(as opposed to merely disliking them) seem to follow a more authoritative view of parenthood and male, female relationships. My mother came had a very abusive father. Her dad hated cats and so did she(although to a lesser degree) She used to tell me that cats were sneaky and selfish. People who loved cats, she thought, were not trustworthy people. Her views didn't change until she met my husband, the cat lover. She even liked a couple of cats that we owned but she felt that they were somehow unusual for felines.

Domestic cats killing native wildlife is a huge problem here and it drives me mad to see cats just roaming around the neighbourhood. What about all the native species they're catching and killing? When I hear of people living in less urban areas letting their cats roam I just want to slap them. If your cat has access to the bush it's going to do some real damage, so bloody well keep it inside.

Cat owners who let their pets roam are irresponsible. It's not just the native wildlife that suffers but also the cats when they end up in the yard of a dog that attacks them. The dog is only doing what comes naturally (defending its territory), and the cat is either horribly injured or killed. After that the dog becomes a killer in the eyes of its owners and they either rehome the poor animal or put it down. All because a cat owner behaved poorly.

OK, I have to admit BlueberryBird's birds being afraid in their window makes me sad. Honestly and truly. As a cat owner in the States, I have never allowed a cat to be indoor/outdoor. They were always indoors for their own safety. However, I have relatives in rural Greece who depend on their crops for food and oil. Rats are HUGE problems to rural Greece's islands. Outdoor cats are a necessity to control the population of rats.

OK, I have to admit BlueberryBird's birds being afraid in their window makes me sad. Honestly and truly. As a cat owner in the States, I have never allowed a cat to be indoor/outdoor. They were always indoors for their own safety. However, I have relatives in rural Greece who depend on their crops for food and oil. Rats are HUGE problems to rural Greece's islands. Outdoor cats are a necessity to control the population of rats.

That's a hard one for me. I really disagree with cats outside, but having had friends in school whose relatives were back in Greece working on family properties I know that there wasn't exactly a lot of money in what they were doing (which is why half of them ended up here!). I can't really fault someone for using the best tool they have at their disposal to make a living, especially when rat catching is going to be a full time job for these cats. Less time to hunt down and kill other wildlife. Same reason I'm not going to be angry at a sheep farmer whose working dog has had a go at a 'roo. As far as Aus goes, it's suburban cat owners who are doing real damage, not the odd farmer whose dog needs a little more training and I'd wager it's the same in the US.

Most people that I know that detest cats(as opposed to merely disliking them) seem to follow a more authoritative view of parenthood and male, female relationships. My mother came had a very abusive father. Her dad hated cats and so did she(although to a lesser degree) She used to tell me that cats were sneaky and selfish. People who loved cats, she thought, were not trustworthy people. Her views didn't change until she met my husband, the cat lover. She even liked a couple of cats that we owned but she felt that they were somehow unusual for felines.

My MIL from hell detested cats. She followed the pattern you mention. She thought our Siamese was not only sneaky but could read her mind. :o

My son in law thought the only good cat was a dead cat. My daughter kept wanting a cat and finally, when someone at work needed to find a home for an 11 month old cat, he said she could bring it home. Well you know whose cat it became. ;) He loved that cat and it loved him.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived