IGNORED

Season 6 of 19 Kids and Counting. God help us all! (Part 2)

StarrieEyedKat

The mods mainly seem to be a problem in the Reality show threads, and in the threads for shows that air in the UK before the US. I go to the cartoon show threads a bunch, and the only time I saw a mod intervene was when people got into heated arguments over Comedy Central's handling of the South Park episodes 200/201.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Completely random, but I had a dream of the Duggars last night. They had two different families over to discuss three possible courtships. I don't know for whom, but I assume John David and Jana and... another Duggar male, I guess. I've had dreams come true in the past (not deja-vu moments, but actually predicting pregnancies and illnesses)... Hmmm I wonder if courtships are in the making?!!

The mods mainly seem to be a problem in the Reality show threads, and in the threads for shows that air in the UK before the US. I go to the cartoon show threads a bunch, and the only time I saw a mod intervene was when people got into heated arguments over Comedy Central's handling of the South Park episodes 200/201.

I agree, they are a problem in the reality show threads. They aren't too irritating in the scripted show threads. I avoided looking and posting on the thread for SyFy's adapation of Being Human for awhile because I figured arguments would happen. The scripted show thread that I really enjoyed was the Friday Night Lights thread.

I avoid a lot of the reality show thread. I forget to mention this in my previous post, but there was a period last year in which the mods weren't looking too much at the 19kac thread. The Maxwells were mentioned several times and some poster on the thread mentioned Lyndsie and Daniel. I think the mods started modding that thread more after the Jubliee miscarriage.

Just my observation, but I don't think Howard looks at 19KAC unless someone makes a report and then Howard reads a few posts before and maybe all the posts afterward.

However, I think that there are a few reality shows that Howard does watch and keeps tabs on those threads. I've seen some very quick action on a couple of threads, but never on the Duggars.

I wonder if we'll see the Bates again since their show tanked with the failed courtship and no baby # 20. Are they really the "friends" we've been told or was it all just for the show. I hope John David says "screw you Dad, I'll live on what I make before I'll sell out my wedding and my kids" but I'm not holding my breath. Also think it would be hilarious if the next Duggar couple had a "premature" baby of, say, 7lbs :lol:

Maybe we'll see the "midwife" in action or Jessa/jinger/Jwhoever do predictable wedding photos that will be "so precious" to the couple.

It did look as though they were prioritized and I didn't care for that either. Also, it has been commented and shown many times how "motion" sickness effects all the Duggars; yet, they can ride these crazy roller coaters like it's their job! No signs of motion sickness in any of them! Hmmmm....wierd. :think:

I get seriously motion sick in cars (back seat only), and sometimes on airplanes. I don't have any problems on roller coasters, spinning/flipping rides, or boats. It all has to do with the disconnect between what you see and what you feel. On roller coasters, what I see and what I feel match up perfectly, so no problem.

I get seriously motion sick in cars (back seat only), and sometimes on airplanes. I don't have any problems on roller coasters, spinning/flipping rides, or boats. It all has to do with the disconnect between what you see and what you feel. On roller coasters, what I see and what I feel match up perfectly, so no problem.

Me too. For me, though, it's more about duration and heat. If it's warm out, I'm more likely to be sick in the backseat of a car than if it's cooler. Commercial airliner? I'm fine. Bush plane? Better not be more than an hour/hour 1/2, or I'll be nauseated.

Being no great fan of rollercoasters, I find JB extremely cruel to try to force or trick anyone into riding one. Instead of going along with him, he'd have gotten an earful from me about his bullying nasty behavior.

BTW, Howard is a she. It doesn't make her moderating any better but it seems Howard isn't her real first name.

Now we see where Smugly gets it. He got way too much joy out of tormenting Anna on that ferris wheel.

If something did happen, Michelle would laugh and smile all the way to the hospital.

And she would probably record it, too like she did with the boy that fell in the orchestra pit. :?

I'm surprise no one has mentioned the pop up about how much sugar each Duggar child consumed during Michael's birthday party. That was another "throwing them under the bus" moment.

That was another "throwing them under the bus" moment.

I'm not sure which are more plentiful this season--the FUs to all of us at FJ or the "throw them under the bus" moments. Either way they need something to save the show or they have to be DONE.

10/23 Fencing & Fireworks

The Duggars are lighting up the sky after the family purchases fireworks for the 4th of July. Then, Jim Bob takes some of the family to their first fencing lesson. And finally, the older girls start preparing for Michelle's birthday celebration.

It sounds like they are still trying to spin the fireworks as happening on July 4th . . . and that the boys are learning the sport of fencing. *shudder*

It sounds like they are still trying to spin the fireworks as happening on July 4th . . . and that the boys are learning the sport of fencing. *shudder*

If they are taking "real" fencing lessons, I applaud. Fencing requires body protection, fine motor skills, and great concentration.

Howard closed down the thread about the Jubliee miscarriage. The moderating done on twop is pretty much done in a cherry picking style.

I remember before that incident there was another time when the thread was closed but I can't remember why, just an announcement that the thread would not open until new episodes aired and that was a few months. It pissed me off mightily. I have never understood why the moderation is so heavy-handed. TWOP is a comment-based community. The comments made by their users is what makes the place so valuable and generates so much traffic. That's what makes them money. Yet I always get the feeling that the Duggar thread is a pain in the ass to them and under threat of being shut down if we don't follow their very strict but arbitrary rules.

I remember Howard or one of the mods closed down the Bethany Getting Married thread because the posters were talking mostly about one incident on the show. After the Jubliee incident, Howard said the thread would be closed until the next season. TWOP has lost users because of their moderation. FJ has gained former twop member. I can understand some of TWOP's rules, but other rules are kind of extreme. With the Duggar thread, I can see why they get pissed when posts about homeschooling come up because some posters end up talking their parents who homeschool or people they know that homeschool for long posts. I think occasional short to medium posts about viewers comparing their lives to what they see on reality shows is ok. I like that on FJ and IMDB, users can compare the Duggar's homeschooling methods to other homeschooling methods that they or others have used. I'm looking at the Duggar thread on there right now. There are postings about Esther and Susannah being pregnant and someone also mentioned "Anna's brother(Daniel) who adopted". If Howard doesn't get any messages about that thread, the postings about the Kellers will remain unsnipped on the thread.

I remember before that incident there was another time when the thread was closed but I can't remember why, just an announcement that the thread would not open until new episodes aired and that was a few months. It pissed me off mightily. I have never understood why the moderation is so heavy-handed. TWOP is a comment-based community. The comments made by their users is what makes the place so valuable and generates so much traffic. That's what makes them money. Yet I always get the feeling that the Duggar thread is a pain in the ass to them and under threat of being shut down if we don't follow their very strict but arbitrary rules.

When I used to frequent TWOP, the moderators were strict, but that seemed to keep the comment quality slightly higher than other TV forums. But then TWoP was sold to Bravo and IMO, it all started to just slide downhill. The recaps turned into "recaplets" and weren't funny. The forums were both over and under moderated and all sorts of stuff that wouldn't have passed for acceptable before was fine, and good comments meant a ban.

There used to be a site for making fun of twop forum comments and I can't remember the name of it.

Bitter But Brilliant?

Yeah, that's right. Although google tells me they are gone now.

They kind of went crazy and I left, but that was years ago. I liked reading some of the back story on things for awhile.

When I used to frequent TWOP, the moderators were strict, but that seemed to keep the comment quality slightly higher than other TV forums. But then TWoP was sold to Bravo and IMO, it all started to just slide downhill. The recaps turned into "recaplets" and weren't funny. The forums were both over and under moderated and all sorts of stuff that wouldn't have passed for acceptable before was fine, and good comments meant a ban.

I agree with your assessment. I've been a member of TWoP for about 10 years now and it really has changed. It's not as funny as it was and I've stopped participating as much as I once did.

Me too. For me, though, it's more about duration and heat. If it's warm out, I'm more likely to be sick in the backseat of a car than if it's cooler. Commercial airliner? I'm fine. Bush plane? Better not be more than an hour/hour 1/2, or I'll be nauseated.

Same here. Fatigue is also a trigger for me. When flying, I'm more likely to get sick at the end of a long day or if I'm already jet lagged. I'm fine reading on the bus on my way to work daily, but can't read on the way home, especially if it's been a long/stressful day. Motion sickness is one of the areas that I truly sympathize with the Duggars. It's a miserable feeling to be sick, but it also really sucks to miss out on fun things for fear of getting sick.

If they are taking "real" fencing lessons, I applaud. Fencing requires body protection, fine motor skills, and great concentration.

Yes but what are the chances that Jim Boob will spring for real lessons with proper protective gear. I have a mental picture of a couple of the howlers hopped up on way too much sugar going after each other with broadswords while Jim Boob and Michelle talk about what an educational experience it is, well up until one of them gets skewered in what one of the J'kids will claim was an accident.

Also who wants to bet the Duggars will do something monumentally stupid (besides setting them off during a burning ban) with fireworks like letting one of the little kids set off a bottle rocket.

Yes but what are the chances that Jim Boob will spring for real lessons with proper protective gear. I have a mental picture of a couple of the howlers hopped up on way too much sugar going after each other with broadswords while Jim Boob and Michelle talk about what an educational experience it is, well up until one of them gets skewered in what one of the J'kids will claim was an accident.

Also who wants to bet the Duggars will do something monumentally stupid (besides setting them off during a burning ban) with fireworks like letting one of the little kids set off a bottle rocket.

We'll probably see Jordyn in the background playing with things an almost 4-year-old should not be playing with, and nobody caring what she's doing until one of the crew steps in.

Archived