IGNORED

Oh wow... how did we miss this one! Awesome "Titanic" pics!

Buzzard

justinturley.com/archives/?a=2012

His royal tooliness Dougie (may he ever be a tool) attended this guys' wedding. Turley and his family also attended the Titanic solemn remembrance of the death of thousands celebration. The pictures... they're just... wow...

michelle.jpg

Everyone is totally decked out except for the Duggars who are just too good for dress up games! I'm pretty sure this is Michelle in her blue shirt and one of the little ones asleep on the table.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My eyes went straight to the blue shirt.

Lol...I hope there was a laser show too.

justinturley.com/archives/?a=2012

Haven't read that post yet but wow, those little boys were cute. No clue what they look like now.

Haven't read that post yet but wow, those little boys were cute. No clue what they look like now.

Oops, guess those are one of the Turley's sons. Very cute.

Aww, and I looked foward to the Duggar cosplay photoshoot! * insert sad face here/sarcasm *

My eyes went straight to the blue shirt.

So did mine, like a laser.

Kind of funny they didn't dress up. You'd think they'd like the modest past? I guess they like to stick out like sore thumbs no matter where they are.

Kind of funny they didn't dress up. You'd think they'd like the modest past? I guess they like to stick out like sore thumbs no matter where they are.

Silly Visonayahweh, those modest-dress up rules don't apply to the Duggars. They can do whatever they like in their cult, because they're the best fundies in the cult and everybody else in general! :roll:

Well, they cant sew because they're too busy whoring themselves out speaking about jesus... and you cant really BUY such awesome period clothes so... why try?!

Well, they cant sew because they're too busy whoring themselves out speaking about jesus... and you cant really BUY such awesome period clothes so... why try?!

B-b-but, if they have time to buy clothes at thrift stores and preach about their cult/Jesus and have a T.V show; why aren't they dressed up?

Believe it or not, Justin Turley used to be a member of an alternative rock band in L.A. It was/is called "Until June." He quit the band in 2005.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Until_June

Justin's dad Kevin Turley is Director of Operations at Vision Forum.

Wow... sucks for him that he quit so early to play with doug the tool!

Especially if you have to emulate a time period with no mullets or hairspray

I totally don't get the romanticization of the Titanic disaster. If they just want to recreate and celebrate the period, fine! There's no reason to wine and dine on the souls of those who died.

That being said, this guys wife did a stellar job on making their 1912 costumes.

For me, a previously unknown fundie royal family. 700 people at the wedding, Braddock and isaac botkin as groomsmen, LOL Dougie (manly arsenal) and Mr Brown, patriarchs, in attendance, Robotkinettes playing the harp, and lots of money evident. Mrs Brown, of the fierce, unfundie hair, was the "wedding director" . The 2 quivers are cute, but baby predators are often cute when young.

The Duggar girls would have looked lovely in 1912 dresses. The boys would have looked great, too. Jackson would have been adorable. I can probably see them not making or buying the costumes; it would have been quite expensive. Too bad they didn't think to have TLC foot the bill. Wonder if JimBob is shifting towards Vision Forum?

The Duggar girls would have looked lovely in 1912 dresses. The boys would have looked great, too. Jackson would have been adorable. I can probably see them not making or buying the costumes; it would have been quite expensive. Too bad they didn't think to have TLC foot the bill. Wonder if JimBob is shifting towards Vision Forum?

For ratings probably, It would be way more entertaining if he did become VF. The show would be much more fun with Doug Phillips around, and seeing the Duggars walk around in ridiculous costumes would be priceless

I did not see too many Doug Phillips, who is a tool, of Vision Forum, in full on Titanic regalia. Was he Captain Smith? I bet he was John Harper, the fundie martyr. Much lore surrounds his Super Christian behavior on board, but most of it is apocrypha.

Not a lot of LOLDoug worthy pix; that is disappointing!

You would think that Vision Forum (given Dougie's love of dress-up) would have a large inventory of costumes in a warehouse somewhere. so that non-compliant guests like the Duggars wouldn't ruin the ambiance.

Hmm, that would kind of make sense, wouldn't it? We've discussed before the noticeable class differences between ATI and VF folks, so it's possible that JB sees affiliation with VF as "moving up" in the fundieverse. Then again, the whole fam is still deeply embroiled in Gothardism...

I wonder if they didn't get TLC involved because they are tired of the scrutiny about their connections to Gothard and don't want to open the can of wtf that is VF to the general public. Gothard is creepy as fuck, but Dougie's shenanigans are often unintentionally hilarious, and their affiliation with him could make them [even more of a] laughingstock.

I totally don't get the romanticization of the Titanic disaster. If they just want to recreate and celebrate the period, fine! There's no reason to wine and dine on the souls of those who died.

That being said, this guys wife did a stellar job on making their 1912 costumes.

Yeah. They're nice costumes, but why couldn't they just do an Edwardian-style party?

“She maketh herself coverings... her clothing is silk and purple†—Proverbs 31:22

There is something rather amusing about dressing up in period costume complete with jewelry and other fripperies and then busting out a Bible verse to make it seem somehow holy. I don't begrudge Christians their little playtime, but reenacting The Titanic is hardly a Christ-like activity.

I LOLed at the caption on this photo:

Christian Shares His Father’s Affinity for Tools (Although the Appreciation is On a Different Level)

548_l.jpg

Maybe Justin reads here and wants to help us with LOLDougs.

Meh, I don't find the kids cute at all.

That said, Mrs. Turley's costumes are awesome. She's clearly quite talented.

Oh, guys, it's so obvious:

They didn't know where to find costumes they could buy used and save the difference. ;)

Archived