IGNORED

Is Doug oblivious or fucking with us?

lilith

I want to go hug the angry intern that got that one through. What a great way to get back at Dougie.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Exactly my thought. Doug doesn't make his own graphics. They've got some sin in the camp at the Vision Forum office.

OK fess up. Which one of you posted this FB comment on that picture:

Caroline - Fabulous. We all need more tools.

:lol: :lol: :dance: :dance:

Ok this brought me out of lurkdom! The interns are clearly frakking with us...love it!

OK fess up. Which o :whistle: one of you posted this FB comment on that picture:

Caroline - Fabulous. We all need more tools.

:whistle:

I think it's fitting that the interns would choose to use a picture of a man who looks like he has no idea what to do with the item he's holding ("Golly,wife and kids, thanks for this....this fine....um...*just stands there and grins like an idiot*)

I'm interested in the post titled "How To Die Like A Christian Man", written by Dougie, who is neither a Christian or a Man. Have we discussed?

Doug Phillips is a tool.

The "manhood arsenal" consists of a book, a 7-CD album (good lord, who would want to sit through 7 CD's worth of lectures on fatherhood, including the scintillating A Case Study of Headship in the Home), and a DVD called "Act Like Men", where they re-hash the whole women-and-children-first-Titanic thing. All for only $49.

Challenge_accepted.jpg

224926_10150163341174964_2071553480_n.jpg

:whistle:

OHMYDOUG!

I ... can't type, wipng eyes.....I burst into such a laugh that I saw two neighbors look up from their gardens in my direction!

Rowan....may your future hold all the Alan Rickman you desire!!!! *bowing **so** low!*

Couldn't VF at least start using "masculinity" instead of "manhood" and "manliness" and other rather, er, homoerotic-sounding terms? Or is "masculinity" part of some heathen humanist feminist plot to castrate all males?

Also...this whole concept of "masculinity and femininity are so deeply intrinsic and tied to specific traits and behaviors, are so completely natural and observable and undeniable....that they have to be strictly enforced and policed from birth onwards, with things like "arsenals" of dvds and books on how to perform your gender, because everyone is always just a few steps away from complete androgyny." WTF? I will never understand this mindset.

Couldn't VF at least start using "masculinity" instead of "manhood" and "manliness" and other rather, er, homoerotic-sounding terms? Or is "masculinity" part of some heathen humanist feminist plot to castrate all males?

Also...this whole concept of "masculinity and femininity are so deeply intrinsic and tied to specific traits and behaviors, are so completely natural and observable and undeniable....that they have to be strictly enforced and policed from birth onwards, with things like "arsenals" of dvds and books on how to perform your gender, because everyone is always just a few steps away from complete androgyny." WTF? I will never understand this mindset.

Actually, OMTS, I think you've got it: the people at the center of this *do* feel androgynous, or at least, not entirely, decidedly, continually, always and never not ever exactly how they've been taught their gender should be, and that scares them, thus they overwork the angles of extreme gender-specificity. Exhibit A: Douglas Phillips

I vote fucking with us.

Agreed. But I think it is most likely the intern, whose job it is to read FJ all day, finally cracked. I like to imagine him being a really pretty fundie boy with high color. The kind Oscar Wilde was fond of.

It is still a thing of beauty, and I would proudly wear a t-shirt. I think it being a direct fuck makes it even more yahsome.

Guest Anonymous

OHMYDOUG!

I ... can't type, wipng eyes.....I burst into such a laugh that I saw two neighbors look up from their gardens in my direction!

Rowan....may your future hold all the Alan Rickman you desire!!!! *bowing **so** low!*

nbc2rr.jpg

I love how he got the "Arse" part right.

Agreed. But I think it is most likely the intern, whose job it is to read FJ all day, finally cracked. I like to imagine him being a really pretty fundie boy with high color. The kind Oscar Wilde was fond of.

I agree with this, but I also worry about it -- who knows what kind of sexual harassment or assault goes on in that office? What if the intern made this as a way to vent frustration with it? Interns, I know you read here, and if you are being harassed or coerced into doing things you're not comfortable with PLEASE reach out to local authorities (real ones like the police, not other VF affiliates).

It is still a thing of beauty, and I would proudly wear a t-shirt.

Oooh! Magnets would nice, too.

My eyes! My eyes!

Can anyone say "presenting"?

Holy Mary mother of God! Someone get that man some baggier trousers!

Holy Mary mother of God! Someone get that man some baggier trousers!

Now we know the real reason behind his Buffalo stance. (Congratulations Mrs Philips!)

538345_10150815774312544_593927543_9484604_1868278030_n.jpg

His package does not look that... impressive to me.

Maybe that's why he stands like that?

And holy mary, Doug looks amazingly different without a beard.

I hope he looks at that photo and thinks how stupid he looks. I mean, come on!

Doug probably has Be-all tape and tuck his package in the manner of female impersonators, just to keep him from being defrauding.

Nah, he/they aren't fucking with us so much as co-opting us by appropriating our brilliant "Doug Phillips is a Tool" campaign and feebly trying to turn the word "tool" for their own use.

Ain't working, boys.

Allow me to reiterate: Doug Phillips is a tool.

Archived