IGNORED

Christian Junk Food!

tropaka

I'm in Toronto, and once in awhile I pick up some cheap chips/popcorn/party mix called Uncle Ray's at the local dollar store. Up until a few weeks ago, I only looked at the packaging to check their origins (Detroit MI). Well, it seems Uncle Ray is a devout Christian and different portions of his life story are printed on each bag. The web site includes scripture and (I think) some of these stories/chapters.

They do make a mean dill pickle chip (which I thought was only Canadian)

http://www.unclerays.com/

ETA This isn't meant as an advert/spam...I just thought it was funny.

I've never heard of Uncle Ray's. The website doesn't really say anything about Ray Jenkins' faith, nor does the Wikipedia page.

They do make a mean dill pickle chip (which I thought was only Canadian)

Pringles makes 'em in the US too.

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=10923288

I love those chips (Torontoian!) My favourite tasting ones are the salt-free, but the best story is the one about skinny dipping. I think it's on the back of the "Hot" flavoured ones :lol:

from wiki

Uncle Ray’s is the brand name of a line of food products that was started by a mister Ray Jenkins after 1995. All Uncle Ray's brand products are currently produced by Uncle Ray's LLC in Detroit, Michigan. Uncle Ray's LLC (formerly Cabana Foods) specializes in Potato chips and other snack foods such as onion rings, pretzels and cheese curls. A brief chapter from a series of Christian-themed stories dubbed "The Life and Times of Uncle Ray" can be found on the back of Uncle Ray's brand products.

[edit]Histo

Pringles makes 'em in the US too.

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=10923288

Those aren't bad but when I have a serious dill pickle potato chip craving I like to put dill pickle slices on play Lay's potato chips. So good!

from wiki

Uncle Ray’s is the brand name of a line of food products that was started by a mister Ray Jenkins after 1995. All Uncle Ray's brand products are currently produced by Uncle Ray's LLC in Detroit, Michigan. Uncle Ray's LLC (formerly Cabana Foods) specializes in Potato chips and other snack foods such as onion rings, pretzels and cheese curls. A brief chapter from a series of Christian-themed stories dubbed "The Life and Times of Uncle Ray" can be found on the back of Uncle Ray's brand products.

[edit]Histo

I'd wondered what happened to Cabana potato chips!

Son of a bitch. I ate those Uncle Ray's chips once. (I thought they had a funny texture though).

I don't mind the very subtle verse references on In 'N' Out packaging. It's just the citation, not the verse, and somewhere inconspicuous, like the inside of the rim on the bottom of the cup. If you don't know the bible very well, you'd have to look up what they are. I DO mind when it's in-your-face, like right there in plain text on the back of the packaging.

Those aren't bad but when I have a serious dill pickle potato chip craving I like to put dill pickle slices on play Lay's potato chips. So good!

I love dill pickle Lay's chips but I have a hell of a time finding them here. I'll dip plain Lay's in pickle juice as a substitute.

I hate when fundie food is delicious. Ezekial 4:9 products are delicious, but I dont like my food to come in packaging with scripture printed on it.

I hate when fundie food is delicious. Ezekial 4:9 products are delicious, but I dont like my food to come in packaging with scripture printed on it.

Bob's Killer Bread is just as good if you can get it in your area. And Bob's supports progressive causes, and equal rights for all Americans.

Bob's Killer Bread is just as good if you can get it in your area. And Bob's supports progressive causes, and equal rights for all Americans.

Oh is at the same as Killer Dave's bread? One of my coworkers is from a Oregon, and was raving that the Spelt bread is the best ever. He even had some shipped out to the midwest for myself and my department to try...however at $11 a loaf (bread + shipping) I'm not sure any bread is quite that good. Apparently the cinnamon roll bread is amazing as well...he's in Oregon this week so I may ask him to schlep some back go Chicago.

Btw I love the story behind Killer Dave's bread!

In-N-Out Burger has a bible verse on the bottom of all their cups. I can't remember what it is. Thier french fries are to die for, especially animal style.

Oh is at the same as Killer Dave's bread? One of my coworkers is from a Oregon, and was raving that the Spelt bread is the best ever. He even had some shipped out to the midwest for myself and my department to try...however at $11 a loaf (bread + shipping) I'm not sure any bread is quite that good. Apparently the cinnamon roll bread is amazing as well...he's in Oregon this week so I may ask him to schlep some back go Chicago.

Btw I love the story behind Killer Dave's bread!

Chagrin: Thanks peas yes its Daves Killer Bread. Most of their wheat comes from Bobs Red Mill here in Oregon as well.

I see those chips everywhere. I'm 45 minutes outside Detroit. I think they have a few other products, but I've never looked too closely. I'm not a big chip fan.

One has the right to speak and advertise his/her mind and one has the right to not buy it. That is, if it's being presented forthrightly.

Here's the testimony of a guy who makes a great soap! http://www.drbronner.com/

His testimony is written all over the label. It's the design - all words, all over the place. With my middle-aged eyes, I couldn't read it, so I googled this brand of soap and it's on the website, too.

edited because I accidentally posted before I finished ...

One has the right to speak and advertise his/her mind and one has the right to not buy it. That is, if it's being presented forthrightly.

Here's the testimony of a guy who makes a great soap! http://www.drbronner.com/

That is the man who taught me all about peytote enemas. :shock: Strange but very true.

you know him personally? or did you just read about it?

I actually agree with him on the surface, the emphasis on unity and all.

(but we're derailing the thread...)

(sorry for the double post - that's twice in one day for me - blush)

sub

... peyote enemas? what does "Dr." Bronner have to do with those (serious derailment - putting forth wrists for well-deserved sound slapping)

Archived