IGNORED

applecidermama

katniss

applecidermama.blogspot.com/

...and she's 'friends' (online) with Anna T. except that this lady here is Catholic.

And seemed quite alright at first.. but she promotes courtship and her newest promotion of some cardinal talking about mother's being best educators for children just kinda crossed the line for me. If that was the case, I'd be very poorly educated right now. My mom is awesome but she would make a terrible terrible teacher...

That, and I never really got her fascination with catholic church.

Either way, not sure if she qualifies as fundie, probably more fundie lite.

I read her blog too. She seems alright with regards to education for women but when it comes to relations between men and women she's very conservative. She's more fundie lite in my opinion too. Even if you disagree with the Catholic church's teachings, from reading her blog, it's clear to me that she's really thought her opinions and their teachings through. Also, she doesn't identify as a Republican, doesn't support the government illegalising birth control and wrote an non-condemning post on the legalisation of gay marriage in some states.

...I kind of like her, except for her opinions on courtship and "purity" and abortion. As for her quote about the mother being the best educator, I'm sure she'll provide a fine education for her kids, but that doesn't make it the case for everyone.

I have never seen this blog before. I've glanced through some of her posts and she seems ok compared to some of the other bloggers we discuss. I have encountered other fundie lite type Catholics like her before. There was a blog I read several years ago in which the blogger was a Catholic homeschooling mom of 11 kids.

Can we add the egocentric fallacy to our list of logical fallacies?

Web definitions:

An erroneous belief that one's own personal experience and values are held by others in general.

Some mothers may be the best educators for their children, and perhaps this mother is one of them, but that doesn't make it a timeless, universal truth.

I will freely admit that I am GREAT at hugs and cuddles and knowing random trivia and having philosophical discussions and heart-to-heart talks - but I would suck at home schooling. I'm not the best at teaching literacy, or math, or Hebrew, or French. I completely suck at doing anything creative. My kids teach ME how to do things on computer, that they learned at school. I have no ability to lead physical education. I'm great at lounging around with the kids, but horrible at implementing any kind of schedule. That's why professional teachers exist.

Can we add the egocentric fallacy to our list of logical fallacies?

Web definitions:

An erroneous belief that one's own personal experience and values are held by others in general.

[i]Some mothers may be the best educators for their children, and perhaps this mother is one of them, but that doesn't make it a timeless, universal truth.

I will freely admit that I am GREAT at hugs and cuddles and knowing random trivia and having philosophical discussions and heart-to-heart talks - but I would suck at home schooling. I'm not the best at teaching literacy, or math, or Hebrew, or French. I completely suck at doing anything creative. My kids teach ME how to do things on computer, that they learned at school. I have no ability to lead physical education. I'm great at lounging around with the kids, but horrible at implementing any kind of schedule. That's why professional teachers exist.

I agree, not all mothers would be the best educators for their children. In college, I had an English instructor who almost considered homeschooling her two children, but she didn't because she didn't feel she was adequate enough to teach her kids in other subjects.

Archived