IGNORED

Oh, Jennie Chancey, you're a disgusting human being

Elle

Me too--it's not exactly a happy picture. The way the one man leers at her, the way the other men just seem to be there to stare at her, and the uncomfortable look on her face make the atmosphere in the image seem predatory.

You have to wonder what Jennie saw in it.

I've seen the photo and it's always creeped me out with the way they're all staring at her. Then there's the guy in the picture who has his hand on his crotch...

The re-make of the photo...no. I'm in no way an expert but it's all...wrong.

The girl looks like her feet are glued to the ground and she's pissed off or dead inside.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Claddagh

The re-make of the photo...no. I'm in no way an expert but it's all...wrong.

The girl looks like her feet are glued to the ground and she's pissed off or dead inside.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner! Watch the video and you'll see that's exactly what the photographer had going: he tells the model to plant her feet just so.

MrsKay, I loved the tattoos. Just goes to show you: all the Levitical rules don't apply when it's not convenient for them not to apply! Jennie needs a photo shot one way, who cares that the photog is tattooed?

Did anybody else notice (on the video) that Jennie is seated in front of the shade thingy that two assitants are holding up? gotta be in the middle of the scene no matter what, eh, Mrs. Modesty?

Anyway, I bet she was about to swoon to see the girl delicately deposit her chewing gum *Right* into the photog's waiting hand. So defrauding, so unladylike ... which Nairobi native was carrying Mrs. Chancey's smelling salts????

Is it just me or is it really creepy that Jennie Chancey's husband is in the crowd, looking approvingly on the young model.

:puke-front:

Also, the picture is really hypocritical as so much of Jennie Chancey's stuff is all about female modesty. Promoting attracting male attention and admiration of one's form is not what I would have guessed from her.

Is it just me or is it really creepy that Jennie Chancey's husband is in the crowd, looking approvingly on the young model.

Also, the picture is really hypocritical as so much of Jennie Chancey's stuff is all about female modesty. Promoting attracting male attention and admiration of one's form is not what I would have guessed from her.

Not just you. Yeuck.. I hadn't noticed his fat arse. And no, I am not gonna go back to look. :evil:

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner! Watch the video and you'll see that's exactly what the photographer had going: he tells the model to plant her feet just so.

MrsKay, I loved the tattoos. Just goes to show you: all the Levitical rules don't apply when it's not convenient for them not to apply! Jennie needs a photo shot one way, who cares that the photog is tattooed?

Anyway, I bet she was about to swoon to see the girl delicately deposit her chewing gum *Right* into the photog's waiting hand. So defrauding, so unladylike ... which Nairobi native was carrying Mrs. Chancey's smelling salts????

I had missed the video until now and could see what he was saying.

It did amuse me that the photographer was tattooed and had some bracelets on. I was really surprised they'd hire someone with tattooes. Many of the fundies I've encountered are anti-tattoo, piercing, and so on.

It's not just you. It creeped me out too.

Is it me or is the guy climbing up the stairs staring at the model's ass?

For those of you who found the original image disturbing, so did I, until I found this interview with the female subject, who said that the men were harmless and that she had the time of her life. The model and the photographer were both 20-something women traveling solo, and they met by change and thought it would be fun to do a shoot on what it was like. http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44182286/ ... IjPd4asOSo

I really find it odd that Jenny Chauncey was inspired by this particular image, because it's so sexual and you wouldn't think they'd want to glorify a woman being shown unprotected by her headship or father. I must presume, though, that she didn't know the image was created by two women themselves unheadshipless.

• 1 month later...

From Jennie Chancey's mom's blog:

titus2joy.blogspot.com/

"Our daughter and son-in-law have staff, employed to help them clean, cook, do laundry, plant gardens and drive their van. The staff are lovely people we adopted as part of our family. They are Christians who love working and serving our children and grandchildren, and for that, we bless them. I spent hours with many of them talking about their lives, families and goals for the future. The van driver told me he and his wife pray for our children, and thank God for the opportunity to serve them!"

Archived