IGNORED

Jewish Fundie Sex Ed

RR88

*Shudder* can't imagine the 0-60 in one night model. Aside from the bleeding issue, a lot of fundie girls might not even know what an orgasm is.

:-( Or they figure it out, but never experience it. I feel so sorry for those women on Christian marriage forums who post about being married for FIVE YEARS or more without ever having an orgasm. And heaven forbid they buy a vibrator...

I knew someone i used to work with who didn't have one until 10 years of marriage. She thought the feeling of it building up meant she had to pee. :o

In Deborah Feldman's Unorthodox, she talks about a friend whose husband ruptured her colon because he followed the "hard and fast" rule and neither of them realized that he wasn't penetrating the correct orifice.

In Deborah Feldman's Unorthodox, she talks about a friend whose husband ruptured her colon because he followed the "hard and fast" rule and neither of them realized that he wasn't penetrating the correct orifice.

ouch

ouch

I'm sorry, HOW do you not know the difference? The guy, ok, whatever...but the woman? Seriously? Was she that out of touch with her body that she couldn't tell the difference between anal and vaginal sex?!?!

Edit becasue I can spell, sorta!

I'm sorry, HOW do you not know the difference? The guy, ok, whatever...but the woman? Seriously? Was she that out of touch with her body that she couldn't tell the difference between anal and vaginal sex?!?!

Edit becasue I can spell, sorta!

if she's never touched herself how would she know what's down there?

if she's never touched herself how would she know what's down there?

True, but when I get my period my vagina is very achy and my cervix hurts, not the same place as when I need to poop for example. This is mind boggleing to me.

Feldman also mentions that she herself had no idea she had a vagina, and actually argued with her sex-ed teacher that she must not have been born with an "extra" hole. I can see how it might happen, especially since these girls are raised never to think about their genitals and certainly never to look at or touch them.

Feldman also mentions that she herself had no idea she had a vagina, and actually argued with her sex-ed teacher that she must not have been born with an "extra" hole. I can see how it might happen, especially since these girls are raised never to think about their genitals and certainly never to look at or touch them.

And folks wonder why I'm opposed to bronze age religious rules.

And folks wonder why I'm opposed to bronze age religious rules.

I found it odd because of her age. But I can see how it might happen even if you're not raised in a fundamentalist group. I grew up atheist, but as a child, it never occurred to me to explore my genitals. I'm not actually sure I knew that the urethra and vagina were separate until I was in my teens. At 10, 11, or 12, I saw diagrams in instructional pamphlets, but I never did any exploration, and if someone hadn't told me I had a vagina, I might have just assumed that menstrual blood and urine came from the same place.

FWIW there's posts on imamother all the time about how to answer any questions your kid might have when you're having a new baby, and among the more prudish groups, there's a reluctance to even tell the kids about babies coming out of the vagina at all (never mind how they got IN there). If they let kids know the baby is developing inside mom to start with (some don't, impossible as that sounds - mom gets fat, eventually you get sent away to relatives for two weeks and then wow, there's a new baby, but no mention of ANYTHING related and there's people who remember honestly not making the connection as kids) they will say "God makes a special hole in Mommy for the baby to come out" basically. As if it's a one time only thing and closes back up.

Granted, those are elementary kids, but still.

Personally, my non-religious mom was 100% happy to teach me all about the baby developing and being born, and how it needs the sperm from Dad and the egg from Mom, and all that.

What she did NOT tell me (and somehow I knew I shouldn't ask) was how the sperm and egg got together. So for AGES as a kid, I wondered about this, was there some special day it just zipped across the room or what? But not all kids have the same birthday so that CAN'T be it... I laugh at myself now for being that stupid, but yeah...

Although like QAF_Rocks I wasn't really encouraged to "explore" my genitalia either, but sometime as a pretty young kid I was scratching an itch down there and realized suddenly it felt quite nice, and started to repeat that experience. I couldn't have drawn anyone a picture but I knew what to do. Similar age I knew that climbing rope or poles sometimes felt quite nice also, though I had absolutely no idea what it was.

Learning how to read was the major thing, once that happens the library is where it's at, provided you're from a group that thinks it's okay for kids to visit the library. All the information you could possibly want, no need to ask a human who might laugh. Of course now there's Mr. Google...

What she did NOT tell me (and somehow I knew I shouldn't ask) was how the sperm and egg got together. So for AGES as a kid, I wondered about this, was there some special day it just zipped across the room or what? But not all kids have the same birthday so that CAN'T be it... I laugh at myself now for being that stupid, but yeah...

My mom told me it happened when "Mommy and Daddy do a special kind of hug" We laugh about that now.

Personally, my non-religious mom was 100% happy to teach me all about the baby developing and being born, and how it needs the sperm from Dad and the egg from Mom, and all that.

I was born through donor insemination, so my mental picture was actually of the sperm swimming in a little jar, which, in my case, was accurate. :lol:

I remember my parents using a Charlie Brown book to explain conception and pregnancy to my little brother. I knew that for most people it happened through sex, which I gathered from television and the movies involved getting in bed together naked, but I don't think I knew the nitty-gritty details until I was 10 and learned about sex-ed in school. I still had a hard time figuring out erections. I somehow got the idea that they pointed straight down, and I couldn't figure out how the man was supposed to position himself to have it enter the woman's vagina.

Archived