IGNORED

Duggar thread on reddit

Seven Severn

I have not, but when I have visited with them it has been in private, casual family time settings when their public appearances weren't necessarily "public." Every time I have passed the house on Halloween, the gate is closed but the house is lit up. They're Baptists if anyone is wondering.

I'm only a few posts down. Is this someone working PR for them?

This comment had me :shock: :shock: :shock:

My mom is an RN, works in the NICU, she has been around when momma duggar is having kids at the hospital. my mom and a bunch of other nurses and a few doctors refused to work on her because her uterus, as my mother describes it, is "paper-thin". eeeeek.

Eeeeek is right. *shudders*

First thought that came to my mind.

edited to add: But...

He opened another location on the east side of town. His cars are...well, no good. Mooching off of the show for advertising purposes? Completely.

This comment had me :shock: :shock: :shock:

Eeeeek is right. *shudders*

Holy crap, J'chelle is damn lucky she hasn't had a freaking rupture. :shock:

They are not Baptists. They are Gothardites. (Of course, they won't say "Gothard" publicly).

apple1, it's my understanding that Gothardites recruit heavily from Baptists. At least that's the case when I was growing up in a fundamentalist Baptist church. We had some Gothardites, but they were also Baptists.

I find it interesting that he seemed to confirm that Anna's expecting again.

apple1, it's my understanding that Gothardites recruit heavily from Baptists. At least that's the case when I was growing up in a fundamentalist Baptist church. We had some Gothardites, but they were also Baptists.

It is correct that some Gothard followers are out of Baptist churches, and that some continue to participate in Baptist churches. And that even some Baptist pastors, at least in the past, have recommended Gothard seminars.

But it's that Venn diagram thing, the area of overlap between the circles. Gothardism =/= Baptists.

And calling the Duggars Baptists (which they have not been for many years; they home church) makes them appears more "mainstream" to outsiders who are unaware of how dangerous their belief system actually is.

And calling the Duggars Baptists (which they have not been for many years; they home church) makes them appears more "mainstream" to outsiders who are unaware of how dangerous their belief system actually is.

Oh. While this is true, I've never seen fundamentalist Baptists as particularly mainstream, so it didn't occur to me to make such a distinction. :dance:

Ok This person in several comments says..the oldest child (Josh) is married with a daughter and the wife is expecting again. Then says JB and M have ONE grandchild and another on the way.

Someone finally says - Josh already has 2 kids is Anna expecting again..to which she answered - its been rummored not confirmed so which is it?

Oh. While this is true, I've never seen fundamentalist Baptists as particularly mainstream, so it didn't occur to me to make such a distinction. :dance:

(more than you wanted to know, probably)

Depending on which survey you read, 12 - 16% of Americans identify themselves as Baptist. While there are a significant number of "fundamental" Baptists, there are definitely mainstream Baptists. For example, the denominational group American Baptists are quite moderate, some would even say "liberal". There are large numbers of Baptist churches that are predominantly African American and also are quite mainstream.

I really do think that if the Duggars (TLC maybe also?) can get the public to view them as "ordinary" Baptists, it makes them seem innocuous, just like "ordinary folks".

My mom is an RN, works in the NICU, she has been around when momma duggar is having kids at the hospital. my mom and a bunch of other nurses and a few doctors refused to work on her because her uterus, as my mother describes it, is "paper-thin". eeeeek.

Violation of HIPPA, much?? It is a miracle that she hasn't had more problems though.

Violation of HIPPA, much??

Exactly. And jeopardizing continuing employment, and opening oneself up to legal action.

Not sure I believe the "my mom is..." part. Amazing how "nurses" get quoted for all kinds of nonexistent things... (and we all could make a wild guess about the state of that uterus and probably be correct...)

Exactly. And jeopardizing continuing employment, and opening oneself up to legal action.

Not sure I believe the "my mom is..." part. Amazing how "nurses" get quoted for all kinds of nonexistent things... (and we all could make a wild guess about the state of that uterus and probably be correct...)

Yeah, I'm sure nurses aren't allowed to discuss their work at home, and even if this person's mother did, he/she should know enough not to use this information publicly.

I have a relative that worked at UAMS (where Josie was born) and people were *fired* for 'sneaking peeks' at Josie and Michelle's records and reprimanded formally for gossiping amongst themselves (on the job) about the Duggars and the state of Michelle's uterus, etc.

So yes, it is a violation.

So, the Duggars attend a church 5 hours away? What happened to the home church?

I read that as they would attend a bible college 5 hours away if they were to go to college.

Well the oldest son went to work when he was done with his schooling at home. With the help of his father, he purchased a small car lot in the neighboring town. It sells clunkers but it's income. I'm not honestly sure if the older ones are attending college. Since they are all homeschooled, I'm guessing that they do not attend college. If they did, my best guess would be them attending Ouachita Baptist, 5 hours from here.

I remember hearing a rumor a few years back about Michelle doctor shopping, after having conflicts with past doctors. In the healthcare field, professionals do commit violations often. The Duggars do have a history of attending Baptist churches prior to home churching. There was a thread on dvdtalk.com about the Duggars. One of Michelle's classmates commented back in 2004, that the Duggars attended First Baptist of Springdale.

IrfanM 1 point 4 hours ago

I met Jim Bob Duggar at O'hare airport once. He was actually really nice, and then exchanged contact information with me for some marketing services I was doing at the time. I was trying to leave the conversation after about 5 minutes, but he kept it going for about 15. He started asking me if I was married, and about my faith, etc.

Boob probably seems nice, but underneath he probably doesn't accept a lot of people. In the World Tour Scotland episode, he asked the street performer about his faith background and that didn't go over well because the performer was an atheist or agnostic.

Umm...did anyone catch the part about Anna being pregnant? Is she really pregnant again with number 3 or was he referring to when she was pregnant with Michael. I know there has been speculation that she is actually pregnant but they didn't announce it due to Michelle's miscarriage. Also, it appeared to me he had a strange fascination with Jinger. Maybe it's a crush if's he's close in age to her. At least I"ll hope that's what it is. But it would be kind of creepy if he was old enough to be her father.

I read that as they would attend a bible college 5 hours away if they were to go to college.

:oops: yeah, that's it. I mixed that post up with another one.

But yeah, they still go to a church in a neighboring town, not their 'home' church.

Umm...did anyone catch the part about Anna being pregnant? Is she really pregnant again with number 3 or was he referring to when she was pregnant with Michael. I know there has been speculation that she is actually pregnant but they didn't announce it due to Michelle's miscarriage. Also, it appeared to me he had a strange fascination with Jinger. Maybe it's a crush if's he's close in age to her. At least I"ll hope that's what it is. But it would be kind of creepy if he was old enough to be her father.

Thats what I wondered and he (I wasn't sure of gender) finally someone said Josh has 2 kids already are you saying she is pg with #3. The person responded with its rumored but not confirmed?? wth early he said she WAS.

This person said somewhere that he paid most attention to Jinger because she is close or the same age as him/

Archived