IGNORED

MckMama Drama - Including the Fire - Merge

The Archivist

Me too. But the link was removed off of MWOP and I can't find it because apparently they filtered out all the obvious search terms so it's not google-able. Are there any MWOPers in the house who have the link and can share with us?

/nopityforthedevildotfreeforums.net/

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure they have lurkers here and from MWOP that's why they're blocking. It was bound to happen. There is not a lot to discuss about Jen while waiting for the BK. MWOP needs some fresh dirt for it to get the kind of hits it was getting a few months back.

I'm sure they have lurkers here and from MWOP that's why they're blocking. It was bound to happen. There is not a lot to discuss about Jen while waiting for the BK. MWOP needs some fresh dirt for it to get the kind of hits it was getting a few months back.

True

I realise the current MWOP is MWOP mark... what, 3? 4? And there is/was also BWOP and OHIH. But afaik the current MWOP has been the only one for at least a year now. And out of all the disputes and requests over that time re: appropriate discussion content, what was the straw that broke the camel's back? Anja's request not to directly insult the children. Really guys?

I realise the current MWOP is MWOP mark... what, 3? 4? And there is/was also BWOP and OHIH. But afaik the current MWOP has been the only one for at least a year now. And out of all the disputes and requests over that time re: appropriate discussion content, what was the straw that broke the camel's back? Anja's request not to directly insult the children. Really guys?

I know, right? Unbelievable. Some people are just ridiculous. I have always been on the fence about the MWOP incarnations. I can see why people want to be critical, and at the same time these people just go so far over the line, so consistently, that it's gross.

Oh and thanks for the link experiencedd! If any lurkers there are over here, I'd appreciate if they'd share about what went on, if possible.

Absolutely. I've tried to read in on their snark, but it just jumps the line do rapidly and over the stupidest stuff, it is hard

I want to see the new site, because these people are fucking crazy. I just need to gawk.

I want to see it too.

There are disagreements over what this forum should be for, what the tone should be like, what is and isn't "our business", how we should engage with the people discussed... the list goes on. I don't want to allow the really inappropriate and frankly, stupid, comments at MWOP to influence my opinion of the overall board, or its members, or its purpose. But damn, the number of people up in arms about this particular issue. I mean, Michele S made a comment about how the new rule makes it "fuckinglame. Come and find me when the new site starts." That's what you were there for? Really?

(Michele S is the one who's been discussed here for being Zsu's fangirl - after 'meeting' her through an 'IVF is murder!' post - and for stirring shit about a selective reduction at mwop on a slow day, first talking about how sad it is and basically implying a lot of judgment, then suddenly announcing, when fj got angry, that she was just trolling and bring the lolz all along guys, ehhhh, I'm cool!)

Because here's the thing - I didn't see that much snarking on the kids. I certainly don't think it was ever a central discussion, just something that would come up on the slow weeks. So why the hell does it matter if it's off the table now? If FJ made a new rule that we couldn't discuss Icelandic politics, even if I disagreed with the decision, I wouldn't give enough of a shit to storm off to my brand new club no boys allowed STAY OUT.

There are disagreements over what this forum should be for, what the tone should be like, what is and isn't "our business", how we should engage with the people discussed... the list goes on. I don't want to allow the really inappropriate and frankly, stupid, comments at MWOP to influence my opinion of the overall board, or its members, or its purpose. But damn, the number of people up in arms about this particular issue. I mean, Michele S made a comment about how the new rule makes it "fuckinglame. Come and find me when the new site starts." That's what you were there for? Really?

(Michele S is the one who's been discussed here for being Zsu's fangirl - after 'meeting' her through an 'IVF is murder!' post - and for stirring shit about a selective reduction at mwop on a slow day, first talking about how sad it is and basically implying a lot of judgment, then suddenly announcing, when fj got angry, that she was just trolling and bring the lolz all along guys, ehhhh, I'm cool!)

Because here's the thing - I didn't see that much snarking on the kids. I certainly don't think it was ever a central discussion, just something that would come up on the slow weeks. So why the hell does it matter if it's off the table now? If FJ made a new rule that we couldn't discuss Icelandic politics, even if I disagreed with the decision, I wouldn't give enough of a shit to storm off to my brand new club no boys allowed STAY OUT.

In the last year or two, hanging around FJ has really taught me that some people - no matter how cool or sane they initially seemed - go off their fucking rocker when something happens that they disagree with.

I want to see it too.

I'm on the new site and other than cusswords, it's the same site as MWOP except that it doesn't even pretend to be on the side of righteousness. It's snark without apology but nothing more over the top than FJ.

The new board does not allow anyone to register. It says you can sign in with your Facebook or Yahoo but that is not true, you can't. And there is no way to contact anyone about joining. I guess it's an exclusive group with 4 or 5 members.

Ugh. Could this damn bankruptcy drama just happen so everyone quits whining about what is or isn't going on at MWOP? I tried reading a couple of days ago and it was just ridiculous, the infighting over what's going on.

Ugh. Could this damn bankruptcy drama just happen so everyone quits whining about what is or isn't going on at MWOP? I tried reading a couple of days ago and it was just ridiculous, the infighting over what's going on.

Agreed. I have been half-following the story, and I can't wait until there is some kind of conclusion. I think the best bet for anyone interested in the actual facts of the story and not pointless mama-drama is to follow The Fraud Files coverage and stay away from MWOP.

This is why I can't keep up with Mckmama drama. Even her drama has drama. I'm going to continue to sit this one out.

Agreed! I started reading there months ago and actually met some wonderful people that have been so much support on the "My Fitness Pal" app but I can't go near the board now. JM has gone quiet for the most part but the posters have created far to much drama of their own.

I find MWOP painful to navigate, so I rely on FJ for my MckMama gossip. It's much easier, but I thank the rest of you for wading through all the bullshit, because I find her story fascinating in an OMG-what-a-fucking-mess-of-a-trainwreck-I-must-know-more kind of way. It was the same thing for me with Emily, too, which is what brought me here in the first place.

• 2 weeks later...

Huh. I found a seldom updated mirror site (http://echoingmwop.blogspot.com/) but mwop seems to be gone unless bluehost is having issues tonight.

Nope, just checked. Bluehost ok. Well, that doesn't bode well for them.

ETA: though it's a hosted WP, I checked mwopblog.wordpress.com just in case. That site is marked as private, though I do not know if it always has been.

And this thread just popped up on GOMI: http://getoffmyinternets.net/gomi-forum ... r-husband/

MWOP got plenty boring. It devolved into a bunch of folks saying, "My grandma has hemorrhoids please pray for her."

Has anyone been able to get into the new secret site?

MWOP got plenty boring. It devolved into a bunch of folks saying, "My grandma has hemorrhoids please pray for her."

Has anyone been able to get into the new secret site?

SinkDweller said they were on the new site. Hopefully they will come back and update us.

The one that drove me crazy was the chic that was always giving the rundown of every.single.thing she had eaten that day. Give me a break lady, this isn't the fucking spark people. No one gives a shit that you had 6 blueberries for lunch.

The one that drove me crazy was the chic that was always giving the rundown of every.single.thing she had eaten that day. Give me a break lady, this isn't the fucking spark people. No one gives a shit that you had 6 blueberries for lunch.

LOL Shellie. Yeah... she'd always say "haven't kept up with Mck. I ate blah blah blah and painted a room today." Um.... ok, why the fuck are you here?

LOL Shellie. Yeah... she'd always say "haven't kept up with Mck. I ate blah blah blah and painted a room today." Um.... ok, why the fuck are you here?

Didn't she also live with her parents? I didn't even post there and I still know WAY more about that woman than I ever needed to know. :shock:

Archived