IGNORED

MckMama Drama - Including the Fire - Merge

The Archivist

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From GOMI:

The site is down because of the servers being hacked. This is per an email that Anja sent a member.

I guess it's possible. Sometimes entire servers of popular hosts get hacked and the sites on those servers kind of get caught in the crossfire. It would be really really unlikely someone specifically hacked MWOP itself. But I guess stranger things have happened. I wonder how long it will be until it's back up.

From GOMI:

I guess it's possible. Sometimes entire servers of popular hosts get hacked and the sites on those servers kind of get caught in the crossfire. It would be really really unlikely someone specifically hacked MWOP itself. But I guess stranger things have happened. I wonder how long it will be until it's back up.

Nope, already checked bluehost, all servers were good. Unless they're not reporting hackers to their host, something else is going on.

Yes, I was on the secret forum but I got banned. Over on Bullies w/out Pity people were saying they had "infiltrated" the new forum and MWOP and were going to out people. So at the new forum they decided they knew who was one of the infilitrators and they made a big deal of banning her and letting everyone know that banning was only going to happen for a super serious offense but that this infiltration and carrying tales counted as one. Then the next morning everyone and her sister was banned. None of us knows why we were banned but I think it was simple paranoia.

I haven't been this amused by the internet in a long long time. Whoever said even Mckmama's drama has drama, ain't it the truth! And now her drama's drama has its own drama! I hope MWOP comes back up -- I really want to keep watching this unfold.

Yes, I was on the secret forum but I got banned. Over on Bullies w/out Pity people were saying they had "infiltrated" the new forum and MWOP and were going to out people. So at the new forum they decided they knew who was one of the infilitrators and they made a big deal of banning her and letting everyone know that banning was only going to happen for a super serious offense but that this infiltration and carrying tales counted as one. Then the next morning everyone and her sister was banned. None of us knows why we were banned but I think it was simple paranoia.

I haven't been this amused by the internet in a long long time. Whoever said even Mckmama's drama has drama, ain't it the truth! And now her drama's drama has its own drama! I hope MWOP comes back up -- I really want to keep watching this unfold.

Maybe I'm banned too, because I can't log in with my UN and PW?

I have a really hard time believing the site was hacked. Most modern content management systems are fairly secure unless you are using a really really easy to guess password. In fact, I would say 99% of the actual site hacking I have seen was exactly that. The admin password was "God" or "Admin" or "Password"

DDoSing a site isn't hacking. It's hiring someone who has a network of virus infected computers to repeatedly send bad data to a server, causing it to overload - kind of like when we were killing the old server with our regular traffic. Hacking is a skill, with finesse - this is more akin to piling junk cars in the road to stop folks from getting somewhere.

I was expecting MWOP to implode. I guess they couldn't wait until after the BK. I stopped poking the crazy back on OHIH, but it was really fun to watch. I guess this thread is the safest place to read that Prince TinyMeat met them at the corn broil. I still think the separation was blog fodder, and BK circumvention, and I look forward to, some day, reading an online response to Mck___ antics by one of the MSC.

Oh god, I just realised that, reversed, the initials of the first three kids names make a "MCK". Given that the next two are 'S' and 'L', one can only hope she was going for "MckSlimy", or maybe even"MckSleazy".

(Sorry, it's the wee hours of the morning here and I should probably get off the computer)

Agreed. I have been half-following the story, and I can't wait until there is some kind of conclusion. I think the best bet for anyone interested in the actual facts of the story and not pointless mama-drama is to follow The Fraud Files coverage and stay away from MWOP.

Been following the BK saga and went to over MWOP a few times to get updates, but the drama over there was way too much. Occasionally check the Fraud Files for info now.

OMG, she painted her kitchen hot pink and whatever adjoining room orange. That house looks like a circus tent but with less class.

I have a really hard time believing the site was hacked. Most modern content management systems are fairly secure unless you are using a really really easy to guess password. In fact, I would say 99% of the actual site hacking I have seen was exactly that. The admin password was "God" or "Admin" or "Password"

DDoSing a site isn't hacking. It's hiring someone who has a network of virus infected computers to repeatedly send bad data to a server, causing it to overload - kind of like when we were killing the old server with our regular traffic. Hacking is a skill, with finesse - this is more akin to piling junk cars in the road to stop folks from getting somewhere.

Someone on another thread somewhere (BWOP? Can't recall now) quoted an error message that made it sound like the host had suspended the site, either for nonpayment or perhaps due to complaints about the site itself. If that's the case, then there's no hacking or DDoSing going on. It seems a more likely explanation to me.

I can't imagine anyone reading MWOP would have the skills to hack anything, or the connections to round up a DDoS attack.

Looks like it's back up now at any rate!

The latest:

Jennifer's instagram includes a pic of Ted Tripp's "Shepherding a Child's Heart" on top of a Bible and a "Shepherding a Child's Heart Parent's Handbook" with the caption "What I was reading this morning." Over at MWOP, many are horrified; Roobii is among the defenders, saying it's a "great book", "wonderful".

Less related, but we were discussing teachers' unions in another thread. While MWOP was down, I was bored and went for a wander at Fraud Files. Tracy Coenen is ... not fond of teachers' unions.

sequenceinc.com/fraudfiles/2010/03/the-heart-of-the-milwaukee-public-schools-problem-employee-costs/

sequenceinc.com/fraudfiles/2012/09/public-school-teachers-its-not-about-the-children/

I'm also reading more than a bit into this one:

sequenceinc.com/fraudfiles/2012/08/melissa-dumas-sues-reporter-who-said-she-was-convicted-of-prostitution/

2lawzb.png

2hds1v6.png

2urq9tz.png

Funny, hearing Kirk Cameron talk about them using SaCH was the first "say what?!" about him and his wife. Doesn't surprise me McMama advocates it. Sadly entertaining reading Roobi defending her/it.

Well, Mckmama has said she hits her toddlers with wooden spoons on blog posts that have now been deleted, so of course she loves SACH.

Here's some quotes I copied and pasted from the Yuku thread on the topic. (can be found here http://freejinger.yuku.com/reply/75081/ ... eply-75081)

"Acquaint your children with authority and submission when they are infants, This training starts the day you bring them home from the hospital" p 156

"The function of the rod and communication is rescue. You must move your child from the peril of rebellion and disobedience back into circle of safety. The child has not just disobeyed mommy or daddy. He has disobeyed God." p 158.

"Obedience defined...

without challenge

without excuse

without delay" p 160

"It is easy to think unclearly about obedience. When you say to your child "Dear, I want you to go to bed now." there is only one appropriate response. It is not 'May I finish coloring this page?' It is not 'Why do I have to go to bed so early?' It is not to ignore you entirely. There is only one obedient response, it is to go to bed without delay. If you accept any other response, you are training your children to disobey. Remember what is at stake; that it go well with your children and they enjoy a long life." p 161

"When they disobey, they are moving out of the circle of God's blessing into a place of grave peril." p 162

"When does a child need a spanking? When you have given a directive that he has heard and is within his capacity to understand and he not obeyed without challenge, without excuse or without delay. He needs a spanking. If you fail to spank, you fail to take God's Word seriously. You are saying you do not believe what the Bible teaches about the import of these issues. You are saying that you do not love your child enough to do the painful things that God has called you to do." P 171

"The "How" of Spanking

Take your child to a private place where he can be spoken with in privacy.....

Tell him specifically what he has done or failed to do....

Secure an acknowledgment from the child of what he has done.

Remind him that the function of the spanking is not venting your frustration or because you are angry, but to restore him to the place in which God has promised blessing....

Tell the child how many swats he will receive. (this is an important signal that you are in control of yourself)

Remove his drawers so that the spanking is not lost in the padding of his pants. This should be done at the last possible moment. They should be returned as soon as you are done. It is best to lay the child across your lap rather than over a bed a chair. This puts the spanking in the context of your physical relationship....

After you have spanked, take the child up on your lap and hug him, tell him him how much you love him, how much it grieves you to spank him and how you hope it will not be necessary again. This keeps the spanking referenced to restoration, not retribution. At this point, there should be complete restoration between you and yoru child. If he is mad at you, if he refuses to receive your affection, then something is wrong....If the discipline has not yielded a harvest of peace and righteousness, it is not finished. On some occasions we have had to say to our children "dear, Daddy has spanked you, but you are not sweet enough yet. We are going to have to back upstairs for another spanking." p 173-174

"When is my child old enough? When your child is old enough to resist directives, he is old enough to be disciplined. When he is resisting you, he is disobeying. IF you fail to respond, those rebellious responses become entrenched. The longer you put off discipline, the more intractable the disobedience will become. Rebellion can be something as simple as an infant struggling against a diaper change, or stiffening out his body when you want him to sit on your lap. The discipline procedure is the same as laid out above. You have no way of knowing how much of what you say to a child a year or less can understand, but we do know that understanding comes long before the ability to articulate does." p 176-177

Pretty horrifying. I felt bad for her kids because of all her drama...now I feel bad for her kids for the ritualized physical abuse they are going to get.

It's fairly easy to get a site DDoSed. It just takes some cash. You can google "DDoS Services" and find plenty of folks who will do it for a price.

It's fairly easy to get a site DDoSed. It just takes some cash. You can google "DDoS Services" and find plenty of folks who will do it for a price.

Which we know MckMama has, because she isn't paying her bills.

I think if she actually knew more about what was going on in the district the article would not be the same. In my district we get 9% less in pay than 5 years ago. We have not had a cola in those 5 years, we took concessions two years ago with the understanding that we would have it returned the next year- it wasn't- and our health insurance has gone up $400 and the district refuses to even throw us a $25 a month bone there.

And why shouldn't teachers be allowed to ask for a wage closer to our peers with similar training? Why do so many people expect that we should just suck it up for the kids? If we are unable to scrimp any farther, how is our stress good for our students?

I think if she actually knew more about what was going on in the district the article would not be the same. In my district we get 9% less in pay than 5 years ago. We have not had a cola in those 5 years, we took concessions two years ago with the understanding that we would have it returned the next year- it wasn't- and our health insurance has gone up $400 and the district refuses to even throw us a $25 a month bone there.

And why shouldn't teachers be allowed to ask for a wage closer to our peers with similar training? Why do so many people expect that we should just suck it up for the kids? If we are unable to scrimp any farther, how is our stress good for our students?

Well Wolfie, you just described my husbands job situation and he works for a company that makes necessary things. Many people are "sucking it up", not just teachers. I want well-paid teachers, who want to be in the classroom, for my daughter who attends public school, but you're not a spechul snowflake in these economic times. And where I live, the students education is routinely being held hostage by the teachers union, and I'm quite frankly, losing sympathy. I'm sorry you feel you're being asked to "suck it up for the children", this is wrong, but you might have to "suck it up" because things are how they are right now.

Well, FU too.

Is your husband's employer a non profit who promised to end a pay cut after a year and instead is putting billions in savings? And if you think that your life is complicated because of issues between the school and unions, maybe put some pressure on the district to do the right thing. We also make less than the surrounding districts, as well as a lot less than people with similar certification requirements in other jobs.

Yes, I'm a teacher, but it doesn't mean that my life needs to take a back seat to everything else. If we don't stop and set our limits it will keep happening. And if your husband's employer is hoarding money I would also say that it is time for the employees to do something.

No, I'm not in Chicago, and nobody has come close to striking yet. We are just starting to organize now to see what to do, which will likely be only working to contract. (which will cause major issues for me as a performing arts teacher.)

I don't think she was trying to offend you. Everyone is taking pay cuts and seeing benefits go through the roof now. Of course it is horrible for you, but you said you wanted a wage similar to peers with similar training... and in this economy you are getting it.

Shepherding a child's heart is basically TTUAC except more sneaky about abuse. It's a terrible book. I read it at church in a "bible study" about parenting. It's disgusting.

I don't think she was trying to offend you. Everyone is taking pay cuts and seeing benefits go through the roof now. Of course it is horrible for you, but you said you wanted a wage similar to peers with similar training... and in this economy you are getting it.

Actually we are not. Did you read my second message? And she then called me a "speshul snowflake," as well as stating that teachers were messing with her child's' life. Can she give us some examples? I noticed on another thread she complained about an early release day for professional development. If you look at your child's schedule this year, I can bet that they added a few minutes to the other 4 days of the week to make up for it, and if they didn't, then the days were already longer than required by the state.

Chicago's complaints about pay are similar, but their biggest grievance is that they're trying to tie their employment to their students' test scores. Taking away due process and firing teachers if their students don't score well. I'm sorry, but you can't force a child to score well. Let's look at what the teachers are trying, the interventions that they're using and so on. We don't start with only the highest quailty goods.

Because, honestly, I'm pissed at the badmouthing of teachers that is so common in the US. We are HUMANS like everybody else and deserve to be treated that way. We do not set out to hurt kids, even though the media seems to paint it that way. Why the hell would we take a job like this if we didn't like kids? We do have limitations in what we can take and do, and right now the government and media are pushing us to our limits.

Would everybody be fed up if it were found that a factory was hiding profits and not paying their employees enough to live in the area where they work, so they protested and went on strike?

As somebody from Europe pointed out in another thread, and I've said for years- here in the US we want to teach all the students, we don't push any aside. (This is a good thing, a very good thing and it's really only been a push for the last couple of decades) This also means that we won't always have wonderful test scores, we can only do what we can do.

Archived