IGNORED

MckMama Drama - Including the Fire - Merge

The Archivist

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Apparently all of her traffic crashes her dedicated host often:

24lol7r.jpg

I have to ask, cuz I don't really want to give her site traffic. Was the "big news" a hangnail?

• 2 weeks later...

And what a bankruptcy it is! MWOP has a copy of the filing, with identifying information (SS#s, etc.) redacted. How can ONE FAMILY rack up that much debt? Holy moly!

But it's okay - McKmama says on her blog that they're going to pay everyone back. Even if they don't have to, what with filing bankruptcy and all. They'll totally pay everyone back everything they're owed. Totally. Current monthly net income? -$2,000+, without counting the thousands owed in back taxes, the credit card bills, the utility bills, the medical bills, the defaulted mortgage(s), the cars....

It apparently never occurred to them to, you know, stop spending money they didn't have.

http://mwopblog.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... dacted.pdf

You're reading it right. I can't even IMAGINE.

I mean, part of me has some sympathy. Medical bills are brutal, especially w/out insurance. But running up that much discretionary consumer debt knowing you've got like $50000 in back taxes and $20000 in medical bills to pay is just irresponsible.

Not really surprising, although I always wonder how people manage to rack up THAT kind of debt. Over $500,000 seems like insanity to me, and they're still able to rent a farm, buy a van, and get utilities hooked up? Jeepers. I separated from my husband earlier this year, ended up flat broke, alone, with 2 kids, and missed some cable tv payments (because who's going to pay for cable rather than utilities) and my credit is now so shitty I can't even get a cell phone.

I kind of thought they had already filed before they did a runner in that caravan?

As much as I dislike her, at least they're in a place where their kids will at least have a roof over their heads and space for themselves. I hope this is a wake up call for her.

Oh yeah, when you want to pay back your creditors in full, you definitely file for bankruptcy. Makes total sense.

They have a lot of tax and medical debts (and most people do seem to run into trouble in the U.S. when they run into medical debts), but a good chunk of consumer debt too (car loans, credit cards). Now, if you are running into medical emergencies, then I can understand some consumer debt on a temporary basis to pay for required flights or accommodations or other necessities (though not wise, this is why you have savings and budgets and do not spend above your means), but a $30,000 car loan? Sell the car at least if you already have it! Do not buy, or keep, what you cannot afford.

Poor cats, worth $0.00.

Did anyone else see that they just bought a Geo Metro (with "unknown" mileage) according to the bankruptcy petition? How on earth is a family of 7 going to get around in that thing?!

I think that's the one she said didn't even run, and it's apparently to get Izzy to his factory job. She said needed a new block and they had to have one fabricated? Something like that, it sounded like $$ to me.

Oh yeah, when you want to pay back your creditors in full, you definitely file for bankruptcy. Makes total sense.

They have a lot of tax and medical debts (and most people do seem to run into trouble in the U.S. when they run into medical debts), but a good chunk of consumer debt too (car loans, credit cards). Now, if you are running into medical emergencies, then I can understand some consumer debt on a temporary basis to pay for required flights or accommodations or other necessities (though not wise, this is why you have savings and budgets and do not spend above your means), but a $30,000 car loan? Sell the car at least if you already have it! Do not buy, or keep, what you cannot afford.

Poor cats, worth $0.00.

Problem is, when you buy a new car you will usually lose equity immediately. They may not be able to sell the car to get rid of that loan if they owe more than it's worth.

The biggest chunk is apparently their house, or what was their house? That's 460k+ right there. I'm guessing the 30k car loan is on the 2005 vehicle? It was hard to tell, unless they already turned that car in? Credit card debt wise, isn't too horrible, except apparently they don't believe in paying their taxes. Which probably explains the lack of credit card debt. On the other hand, I didn't realize Target would give you 7k in credit. :)

I filed for bankruptcy years ago and we didn't have to list our wedding rings nor our animals. We lost our house to foreclosure and then filed. We had an aggregate of about 35K in debts and less than 2K in assets, not counting vehicles etc.

They've lived so high on the hog for so long they don't know what it's like to live on cash.

And does the fact that they are asking for an exclusion on the house in Becker, even though they haven't made a payment since June '11 do anything to the foreclosure?

Interesting things I noticed while reading this over my breakfast to tune out my bickering children:

-she claims that no one is buying ads on her blog anymore and her income is going down from 5000 per month to 1500. That's still some pretty good dough to be making from a blog. (p34)

-They don't have health insurance, and also haven't budgeted any money for dental or health issues. Considering Jennifer seems to be a medical train wreck, this doesn't seem wise. (p35)

-No health or dental budget, but a $45 per month budget for tobacco and alcohol. (p36)

-In 2009 and 2010, the peak of the Stellan McDrama, she claims to have made 100,000 and 170,000. So apparently the blog was really raking in the dough, as people were saying, and she was vehemently denying. (page 38)

A few other thoughts...Considering Israel is making $9 per hour at his factory job, and Jennifer is only bringing in $1500 with photography (if you really want to call it that) and blogging and they are reportedly paying back all the debt they just filed bankruptcy for, WHY are they still buying shit like Petunia Pickle Bottom Ergo carriers, Angry bird hats and new matching shirts for the boys? And WTF with sponsoring two new children when they already sponsor at least 4 which must cost at least $140 per month, and they're now adding another $70?

So she makes about $3k/mo from the blog and the photography; he makes $1400/mo (or so) from his job...that's a little over $4k/mo. So, yeah, with what, 5 kids? 6? They might be able to make it (assuming they live in an area with a low-ish cost of living) if they were pretty frugal.

Wonder what the judge will say about the child sponsorships when they can't even pay their own bills! I'm all for charity, but family comes first, esp things like food and medical care.

They knew they were filing and bought goats?

And it looks to me that most of the health stuff was for ER visits, and not for the kiddo who was sick, but I could be wrong about that.

I don't understand the not having health insurance--seems like a necessity with 5 kids, although I know it's sometimes hard to come by.

I've never filed for bankruptcy or known anyone who has, so I am slightly amused that they had to list their animals right down to the dog. I couldn't figure out why, but I also don't understand most forms like this.

I feel bad for her on one hand, and on the other I don't. It's sad for the kids. They have never known stability and now know even less financial stability.

They knew they were filing and bought goats?

And it looks to me that most of the health stuff was for ER visits, and not for the kiddo who was sick, but I could be wrong about that.

I don't understand the not having health insurance--seems like a necessity with 5 kids, although I know it's sometimes hard to come by.

I think the goats are part of their cost-cutting plans. They are trying to live off the land, etc., which I think is a good idea for them.

Wow, first I was like "Well, that's not so bad..." when looking at her bankruptcy paperwork. Mainly because I've seen my husband's and ex-wives bankruptcy filing, which is like the epitome of "Hi, we just spend and spend, ooops, you want some of that back?" In his case, his ex-wife kept spending like they were still making dot com money, and my now husband just ignored it. They lucked out that they divorced and sold their house right at the height of the housing boom, so they were able to pay off a chunk of it, but not all of it.

But now, its clear that they are just irresponsible almost scammers.

Considering that Mckmama is quite vocal about her dislike of Obama and his policies, I'm assuming she's against universal health care. And yet, she doesn't have any of her own - but she does have huge medical bills that she can't afford to pay. How is it better to declare bankruptcy on medical bills you can't pay than to have government run health insurance?

Considering that Mckmama is quite vocal about her dislike of Obama and his policies, I'm assuming she's against universal health care. And yet, she doesn't have any of her own - but she does have huge medical bills that she can't afford to pay. How is it better to declare bankruptcy on medical bills you can't pay than to have government run health insurance?

Because she's going to pay back all her debts, dontcha know.

Archived